Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Master dissertation (dissertation)

Master dissertation (dissertation)

Hello!

I plan to conduct a research project about translated literature works(of a non-English speaking country) and possibilities of using them as tools for teaching English literature ( because I study English languagr and literature) . so I want to know your opinion about this topic .
    I know that one can't study English literature using other langusge's literature because of different cultures, society and politics . But since I study in a non-English speaking country, I want my dissertaion to have some kind of relation to that country
    thanks in advance!

Blog Entries
    I don't see anything wrong with it, but I am not expert on these matters.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it a very good subject for a Master project. English Literature is studied in most countrys.
    First thing to decide if you havenīt done that already is to decide the genre. Is it to be a project on poetry, prose or dramatic texts?
    Then there is the choice of the theme and the texts. Then see if the texts you have chosen are translated
    You could, for example, compare translations of a text to your language or make yourself a commented translation.
    Very important: When you map out your project, consider the time you have for it and you official deadline.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with it, but I am not expert on these matters.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danik 2016 View Post
    I think it a very good subject for a Master project. English Literature is studied in most countrys.
    First thing to decide if you havenīt done that already is to decide the genre. Is it to be a project on poetry, prose or dramatic texts?
    Then there is the choice of the theme and the texts. Then see if the texts you have chosen are translated
    You could, for example, compare translations of a text to your language or make yourself a commented translation.
    Very important: When you map out your project, consider the time you have for it and you official deadline.
    yes, I haven't done it yet . I will consider that thank you so much