Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Abstract Thoughts

Blog Entries
    In whichever country or clime we live, we always cohabit together. We not only ooze identical smells but emit sensory rays which are also of the same colour. These rays (pulses) form one group in the atmosphere, whose subtle replica reflects in the outer-space, where there are no atmospheric disturbances of the planet. There are as many groups (circles) in space as are the number of aspects of our minds. But there is always a chance to leave, upward/downward from one circle and enter another, according to the nature of use-misuse of our free-will.
    Suppose a person is destined to be laborer, whether due to past karmas or present circumstances, but instead of being satisfied with his present lot, he acquires additional skills, qualifications, while performing his normal duties, he has taken better advantage of his free-will for a positive purpose and has come out of his predestined destiny and changed his fortune. Persistent effort, determination, will-power, can change a person’s allotted lot, there is no doubt about that. That is why, in ancient Hindu scriptures of India, so much stress is put on karma (actions). Fates are made or de-made according to positive/negative use of one’s free-will. Even if we believe in past-karmas/destiny, integrated use of will-power can extinguish one’s past karmas, simply by out-living (exhausting) them, by activating the latent memory cells and by discriminating on them, their influence can be weakened or completely mitigated. It all depends upon the intensity or awakening (activation) of the gross-conscious (mind) that would clear the dregs of past or present sensory emotions. The simplest thing to understand is, we are the product of our past-present, gross-subtle selves, knowledge/intelligence, the direct descendant of wisdom---the love pulses, permeating the cosmos. Our life is governed by our intelligence and that particular intelligence may relate to a class of persons with identical qualities. On earth they exhibit similar traits and in atmosphere, they radiate identical vibrations, whose reflections are enclosed into separate circles in outer space. All of this is the exact duplication of the mind that each entity consciously exhibits in grades of qualities, which correspondingly places them in their respective circles of identical radiations (colours) or the conscious-levels.
    The more i learn more i become aware of my ignorance
    Awareness of ignorance is wisdom

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Dear little-self

This is the " Short Story Sharing" of Lit Net Forums. Much as we all appreciate your contribution, this is neither a story nor short. Perhaps you might care to put it in the Philosophy section.

Best regards
    M.

Blog Entries
    the wise forum shifted this section to short stories thread

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Dear little-self

If in the view of Lit Net Forum this is a "short story," my only observation will be that I hope it has a happy ending!

On a more serious note, it would be appreciated if you can give some background to these stories by expounding on their originator, Sri Sathya Sai Baba. He regarded himself as the reincarnation of Sai Baba of Shirdi, an even more interesting personality in whose own teachings he combined elements of Hinduism and Islam. This in itself was quite a bold move, considering the sometimes exclusive interpretive nature of these faiths.

Best regards
    M.

Blog Entries
    Joy
    Simply by knowing the difference between good and bad and thereafter performing only those actions which bear fruitful result, our mind is able to generate only joy: that is, when we have elevated our consciousness (gross) to intelligence-level our mind turns into pure-consciousness (intelligence)! First let the mind sustain this state of joy permanently, that is, twenty-four hours a day; in all the three states of the body i.e., waking sleeping, dreamless state!
    Until we become the master of our-self, that we have understood all aspects of our mind and our senses are in our control, we cannot hope to transfer the benefits of our actions to others, so let us be, first, selfish and only thereafter selfless: Selfless, sacrifice, service to humanity are big words, but when we have transformed these words into practice, they bring joy into our minds!
    When our mind has realized its state of perfect intelligence, that means the knowledge of the self and the world at large, it beeps in joy. The state of intellect cannot make us happy, as its role is limited, only to tell us what is good or bad!
    But first of all we have to be extremely selfish and self-centered to realize our aim of self-joy (happiness)!
    You don't have to do anything to be happy, because it is already there in you. You are of the nature of happiness, for we have been trying to weed out all the unwanted and irrelevant data/information/disinformation- n/super-imposition from our memory cells (gross-consciousness). And what ultimately is left, is the state of mind that is described as joyful.

Blog Entries
    Right & Wrong
    We perform different actions for different purposes and their affects are registered on individuals, society and humanity in various ways. The actions undertaken by the body, give pleasure-pain, to the individuals only. Whereas the influences of our thoughts, cause good-bad effects on the society as a whole But there are third category of actions, which are generated by our conscience via intelligence, whose effect are universal and their nature is in right or wrong.

I just love your stories.They lead me into them and here I am.

Blog Entries
    Talk Syndrome
    We should talk less and listen more. We are basically, learners. No one has mastered the nature, so what is there to talk.
    Even Masters, who are aware, use it very wisely.
    They know it tarnishes the language of their thoughts.
    They communicate in subtle ways for they know human vocabulary is incomplete to express nature and
    It also wastes precious energy. To preserve energy and to prevent quarrels, embarrassment, spreading of ignorance
    It should be used minimally only to convey what is most essential, not to impress others!

Blog Entries
    A wise man said to me long ago, take the cotton wool out of your ears, and put in in your mouth! Listen twice as often, as you talk.

Warmest regards Michael.
    Last edited by M Kirkpatrick; 05-06-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: spelling mistake.

Blog Entries
    Wise words.

Blog Entries
    When there is no thought, there is no mind, when there is no mind, there is no ego.

Warmest regards dear brother, Michael.
    I know nothing,and that is ALL.

Blog Entries
    Essence of positive tendencies is conscience:
    Every aspect has its inherent qualities of good and bad. Like brightness of a day and darkness of a night. We know, it is because of the position of earth towards the sun resulting in distinction of day or night. But going beyond the sphere of the earth, there exists only brightness. So as long as we are in the grip of our senses, we have the sense of good or bad, but when dawn of knowledge awakens within us, we go beyond the realm of the mind; good and bad aspects lose their bearing. Everything appears in its original (normal) form.
    Explaining it in a day to day vocabulary, whatever is done for the benefit of others, without any personal motive attached is good. And that which is done for our selfish motive is bad.

Blog Entries
    Good and Bad
    Good and bad, are the natural consequences of our actions
    (Though) Body performs them, (but) it is the mind that commands them through the senses
    Faculty of intelligence discriminates between good and bad.
    But by discrimination intellect weeds our bad (ignorance) and
    - fructifies the good, which is always for the betterment of others

Blog Entries
    Our 'person' is divided
    Our 'person' is divided into physical and subtle parts. Body organs, senses and brain belong into physical part. Any action performed by this physical entity results in pleasure or pain, gain or loss etc. Then comes the memory and intellect, which are known as the subtle bodies (gross-consciousness) the memory carries the impressions and sounds of the activities performed by our sense organs and thereafter sense of discrimination synthesizes those impressions into good and bad, happiness and sorrow, this indicates that whereas body and its parts bring in pleasure or pain, subtle bodies induce happiness or sorrow. When we are able to segregate and eliminate bad and sorrow, only pleasure and happiness remain and sustain our physical and subtle bodies.

Blog Entries
    Pure Intellect
    Our actions produce only good and bad fruits, so our mind (present conscious) is full of the impressions, which it had induced via the senses and its vehicle, the body had fulfilled its dictates by actually translating them into actions. But when we are capable to discriminate between good and bad, then its faculty of intellect is fully activated and we know there is nothing as good and bad, it is only our ignorance that transiently depicts its obverse and reverse sides. When we know the difference between good and bad then automatically its supposedly obverse and reverse sides vanish, and then, in our mind, only pure intellect reigns. Our conscious at this stage is permeated by intellect only!