Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Abstract Thoughts

Blog Entries
    Each element in nature has its distinct nature and sub nature. Like earth has its nature of solidness and its sub-nature represents quality of life-creation, water and air’s nature is smell and touch. The quality of their combination is creation and sustenance of life. Space’s nature is sound, its quality is vastness. Similarly all categories of creation on earth also have their innate-nature and qualities. But the essence of them all is beauty. A beautiful scene in nature is not represented alone by a tree, waterfall, birds, flowers or the lake. Fruitful trees dance with joy and their moving branches and leaves produce music. Majestic waterfall on hard stones, create sounds of music, birds flying in rhythms, their wings touching the air, tree leaves and surface of the lake, resounds vibrations of music. The joy which blend them all is beauty. The one thing common in them all is beauty. Same way, the joy in human beings, produces beauty. Beauty is not compounded in any one of them as it permeates their all classes. The essence of joy, combined together of all the humanity, is beauty. To seek beauty in one person or to make him/her the epitome of beauty is fallacious, that is why, mind wander from one beauty to another because no one person contain the essence of a class--- beauty is a subject not an object. It belongs to all class of persons (humanity), not just to one individual, so our aim should be the subject not an object. In such wider aspects individuals do not count, it is the totality of the class of individuals which count.
    The more i learn more i become aware of my ignorance
    Awareness of ignorance is wisdom

Blog Entries
    "Ancient Indian thought is some of the finest thought available to humans, however, you are going the wrong way about introducing the readers of this blog to such thought. Your long-winded posts are coming off as something akin to the sophistic speeches of Protagoras. I would like to engage in dialogue, but I recommend you engage in some simple questions a la Socrates. As is, I'd be better off reading the Ancient texts then reading your posts. Please, keep it slim or even ask some questions"

Dear Alvin Pepler, let 'The Search Within" thread go half-way, things would get much clear! to understand the significance of just two words " Not Two"---the essence of Advaita philosophy--- more than a hundred commentaries, by eminent scholars were written! so pl. be patient till then........
    ps. my next trial would be the serialization of my latest works "Quest In Reality" which is in dialogue form, so just wait!
    Last edited by little-self; 09-05-2017 at 08:09 AM.

I have tremendous admiration for Advaita Vedanta. But, shouldn't you just post a pdf of your book rather than just listing it section by section? I'd love to engage in dialogue, but I don't see how it is possible to do so. As for Advaita Vedanta, I've always kept Eliot Deutsch's study close at hand. I like Rene Guenon too.

Blog Entries
    right now am engaged in the typing of " The Search within', ls is a very poor typist! next typing starts only after he is finished with the works at hand, sorry!
    PS. a secret: self-inquiry is the best teacher (Guru)!
    " Vivekachudamani by Adi Shankara is the ultimate. read it, easily available on net!
    Last edited by little-self; 09-06-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Enjoyment we Seek..........(!)
    Each individual is an important constituent of creation. But in the expanse of nature, even the earth loses its significance. In our milky- ways there are countless stars, whose light has not yet touched the earth, even though aeons have gone by since their creation and they are much bigger and older than the earth. Nothing is indispensable in this transitory world. We must seek those aspects of nature which are also found in us, which are permanent in nature and would lead us to a world, which is permanent. We must try to find the permanent ingredients which constitute that world and lead us to a world, which is permanent. We must try to find the permanent ingredients which constitute that world and reject/ignore all those which are, not only transitory and superfluous but rather an impediment in our search of that world. That is, we should reject the artificiality of experience and seek only the factuality of Reality.
    In the regard, would we not become recluse of the society?
    My dear what kind of society? A society, which wastes its time in club going, card playing, boozing, kitty parties, gossiping, TV gazing or film going, reading cheap books and magazines or the society which spends billions in artificial make up, beauty parlors, costly clothes, sensual gadgetry? My dear, this called society is poles apart from the very word of Reality. Day and night this society is engaged like machines, in earning money by foul means, hoarding junk of so-called ‘modern’ art, or many other useless collections, which it does not need. In the process, they lose their sleep and develops obsessions whose non-fulfillments leads it to drugs and narcotics abuse etc.
    Had this society been clear about its objective, which was pleasure, it would seek that through easier and simple means. Pleasure, joy, happiness, what are they and how are they found? They are not in the objective world or in its indulgence. We are so ignorant, we can’t understand the enjoyment we seek from it is not in it but is in our own senses. It is self indulgence of senses what we feel as enjoyment. Enjoyment or pleasure is directly related to the rightful atmosphere of the sense organs, senses of perception and the mind. If any one of these is not in proper shape, we can’t enjoy the objective world, however beautiful or enchanting it might be. Pleasure comes out of them, when they function normally. Joy is the essence of pleasure as happiness is the essence of joy. Peace is the nature o happiness as love is the nature of beauty. Each gives the other a fill up till the last state of bliss is realized.
    All this is possible if we take the first step with discrimination and confine ourselves to the minimum of company and exposure to external world. Any dedicated worker, a genius at that, is devoted to his/her chosen work and is oblivious of the world outside. Society calls such people as lunatics but it were these mad (!) persons, who with their discoveries, inventions and adventures, brought the Stone Age civilization to the present atomic age. Today’s man is enjoying the fruits of those few adventuresome geniuses, who lived a life of deprivation to make life better for posterity
    Last edited by little-self; 09-09-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    little-self (workshop)
    Culture and civilization are fostered by those, who live for others. They concentrate only on the goal at hand, whereas the majority of the people squander the fruits of their labor, in selfish indulgence and interact foolishly and freely with the external world.
    Desires are the root cause of our expansion, attachment and degradation. Like the vast expanse of the universe, mind also expands and its field of activates cover the entire cosmos. But when it has acquired the worldly knowledge, it dawns on it, the falsity of its wanderings, because, until it becomes fully conscious of its own (stored) knowledge its search is fruitless. It should firstly equip itself with its tools (latent) conscious knowledge and then only, venture out and seek knowledge of external worlds.

Blog Entries
    little-self workshop(mind)
    Whereas Nature is conscious of its role of completing its evolutionary process, man ventured out of its stream and has limited and degraded his role to the individual level only. Instead of remaining a part of the Grand design, he has singled out his entity. He has put on himself a false illusion of mortality and assumes his present life-span as final. He is, thus engaged in activities, which are related to his present life. Looking at him, as an entity, whose years are numbered on earth, he tries to grab as much in this life as possible, forgetting all the while, he is the child of nature and nature always expands and shares and is eternal.

Blog Entries
    ls. workshop)
    Discussing about literature, one comes to know, the literature he has read so far, has no gems of intellect, which are coming out of the mouth of a wise. If the thoughts of a thinker are fresh and original, it implies he is changing his stance every time.
    Truth or Reality never undergoes through any change. But the level of conscious (intelligence) does change with the extension of his thoughts as he is progressively reacting to new levels. Even if he, freshly, attempts the reached levels, there is only a variation of the means not the content.
    Since the creation, man has evolved through many changes. He has transformed himself from jungle man to machine man. The changes he underwent were actually the practical shapes he gave to himself, his surroundings and the society at large. These changes were acme of his thought content. The eras, during which, he underwent such changes, were known by the distinct traits his thought content displayed. There was Stone Age, because man lived in the mountains and used stone implements, then came the fire age. Man had invented fire. Next came the Iron Age, man had invented the usage of the iron ore and he made his implements of iron. By then he had also moved out of the caves and lived in huts. From thereon, eras are known not as, so and so age, but as such and such civilization. Since then there have been countless civilizations. During each civilization man had made slow but perceptible improvisation in his material progress, general living, martial-arts, art, music, language, communications etc. above all, in his intellectual growth; he became more perceptive, more inquisitive ad more imaginative. During whichever times these three flourished, finer aspects of life dominated the society, as a whole. Those finer aspects of life dominated the society, as a whole. Those finer aspects, which surfaced during that era, were truly, the representative thinking of the time, whose gist, created geniuses in each civilization. These geniuses were the creation of the collective thinking of the period. Thus these geniuses reflected total sum up of intelligence of that era. The creations of those chosen few are the works, known as literature. Those works relate to those aspects, which were predominating during that civilization. Those works did not represent one or two generations but covered the entire era, till their influence lasted. Their works of collective intelligence were the links and light posts, which inter linked with, and fostered the next civilization. In nut-shell, the collective scholarship, intelligence and wisdom of gone by era were the fostering point of next. And vital links were those geniuses who reflected the ‘thought’ of the time. That thought has been carried to us, through art, music, word of mouth, books and other Medias. This rich inheritance is the legacy on which we are fostering our castle of intelligence. And this is our present intelligence, literature or thought. Our age has produced many a genius in science and fine arts and their works are a yardstick for us to progress onward. They are beckoning posts, on whose creations (inventions/discoveries) future civilizations will live on!

Blog Entries
    ls.workshop).......
    Our actions are retributive; we have to bear their fruits, and the theory of cause-effect is applicable!
    Nature is not revengeful. These are our own actions which rebound with full force. But man has to achieve perfection, both, in the physical world and in Conscious level. Evolution itself means improvement in the quality of material world and life, which gradually elevates to optimum level and that, is perfection. Completion, perfection, means filling the gaps, uniting the parts, previously departed, rising from the lower to the highest, achieving the optimum level of efficiency in the qualities of objects, living or inert. Suppose a man kills another man. He becomes a killer and he is sentenced to death. Society awards him the punishment both as retribution and a deterrent (action) to serve warning to others. It is also satisfying the law and the conscience of the society. But what about the conscience of the killer! If he killed a man, society also killed him. A tit for tat! When he is killed, his conscious bears a big dark impression. How it is to be erased. After all his conscience too has also to get a release! For an act of his senses, his conscious is tinted. Now the only way to erase it, clean it, is by living out this action. And that is possible by erasing the hatred, the very cause of that heinous crime. But how to do that, if the container (killer) is dead! Only his conscious remains with the impression of the crime. Now conscious shall have to evolve (live) through those bodies where it could acquire qualities of compassion and love instead of hatred and anger which were previously the cause of the crime. Thus Nature is not retributive but complimentary to improve our short comings. Instead of meeting evil with evil, it substitute love in place of hatred by generating enough compassion in the dark impressions, that in due course are erased and love fills the conscious that is its nature. Because Nature wants to help by blossoming in their hearts the seeds of compassion by placing them in such situations until both of them were absolved of the dark forces (inherited impressions on their conscious).
    Earth is not the only planet, which supports life. There are countless other worlds besides ours, which are governed by varying ranges of dimensions. If a person envisioned by 2-dimesional world confronts four dimensional man of our land, he would find our man, displaying extra ordinary powers, which could rate as super-natural. Similarly, if we confront an alien conditioned by more than four dimensions, obviously we would wonder at his natural deportments as super-natural

Blog Entries
    ls workshop)........
    Most of the masters who established new faiths (religions) were the scions of society. There are others who were from amongst the commoners. There is also no doubt about the spreading of their faiths. Either they (Masters) themselves were the creator of their religions or their class adopted the faiths of the commoners, as it suited them politically. As far as their (Master) authenticity about the realization of Truth is concerned, they rightly achieved higher-levels of consciousness but not one of them could attain to the level of supra conscious state! Though their followers believe their masters belonged to that level, but the actual teachings propounded by them, are not the repository of Truth – the whole Truth. Each of them attained some level of consciousness and proclaimed that as the ultimate – truth.
    Without going into the details of their theological revelations; discriminate them with the modern day science. Science is not different from spiritualism. Amalgamation of the two is the real balance that creates harmony in Universe. Science teaches us how a thing happens, whereas spiritualism tells us the source (why) behind that. About the period before the creation of this ephemeral world of materialism, the physicists and cosmologists are silent. But spiritualism tells us about the realms beyond.
    We are not here to condemn or play down the realized truth of the masters. Our humble contention is that, whatever they ‘revealed’ as reality, does not represent the whole-Reality! Not one of the Prophet/Messenger/Avatar proclaimed himself as God but only as His messenger or the Divine spark like others. They have explained clearly that each one of us is the spark of one divine father; that all are divine and imbibe a soul (spirit) which represents the One (Over) Soul. You are also right about the roles played by the Masters and their general influence on the common people of their times.
    First of all we should not compare their roles with the worldly rulers. The kings, dictators and conquerors have created and destroyed societies, cultures and nations. Similarly, since the advent of religions, there is in vogue the ‘State’ sanction to adopt a particular religion, and in every age religious zealots have been forcing their faiths on others, who happen to believe in other religions. Such forceful compulsion or conversion shows complete ignorance of the very tenets of their masters’ teachings. But this has been happening and shall go on happening as long as the personal inhibitions of man are related to the sensory world. It is not that we put too much reliance on the potency of our masters! Had it been so, there would have been no wars on religious differences and expansionism. Even the very founders of those religions either had to fight to establish their faith and died in the process, or were killed.
    The Masters, who founded religions and new faiths, were just like other commoners. The only difference, if there was any, was in the awakening of their conscious level, completion (attainment) of spiritual consciousness or the awakening of their individual self into the Supreme- Self, which is Universal-Unit of all the units. Man or spirit is not two different identities. Both reside and sustain on each other. Any man can become a divine or a beast. It all depends the ways he deports his senses; whether he sways under their pleasures or he masters them and divert their energies to higher and better awareness of mind (intelligence).
    We should take note of the other point; regarding the recognition of each other’s divinity, is also valid. It is strange that a commoner happens to recognize the spark of divinity in the Master, he follows, but the masters, among themselves feign ignorance of each others ‘divinity’ and engage in mutual criticism! They ought to recognize their Source---which is one---and should spread His word of love, not their hateful vibrations which become the cause of mutual bickering and fight. People should beware of these pseudo masters!cont.....
    Last edited by little-self; 10-27-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    ls workshop)......
    He should be aware of the three worlds – that he should have the awareness of three-levels of conscious. All others are teachers, guides, scholars (of scriptures). They are shallow inside and have nothing to give to their followers. Instead of love, they spread hatred. The real Masters, too, cannot transform the fate of their followers. First of all the system of follower-ship, should not be there. If a Master has attained some level of Truth (conscious) he should not limit it to his followers only, because the Truth that he bestows is Universal, hence should be bestowed to all. But if the Master himself is attained to limited level of truth, then naturally, its revelation would too be limited. That’s why the Founder-Fathers of new religions have been able to convey the contents of their revelations only to few. The holiness – love pulse – awakened in them, they can not pass on to their followers, as there is nothing material in it (consciousness acquired) which a Master could transfer or delegate. He has no authority or the competency to make or de-make the fates of his followers. His newly acquired possession (awakening) is love, and that he cannot impart on others. His awakened divinity (love-pulses) can affect only that person, who himself has purified his pulses of sensory impressions.
    The scope (range) of each master has been limited to the areas he traveled or to the followers, he initiated. Even their influence was limited, as each the aura of holiness created around him attracted/affected his immediate followers only. They (followers) instead of adhering to the truths their master’s expounded became fanatic believers, who only followed their master’s outer symbols. What he wore or how he deports himself! Even today after thousands of years, one can distinguish a follower of a particular faith, because he still supports the ancient outer-symbols of his master.
    What their masters revealed or taught, could only be grasped by few of his followers; who were ready to absorb the aura of holiness of their masters, because their masters had helped them awaken their latent pulses (latent knowledge in memory cells). Remember our master can help us, guide us, but we have to make our own efforts to raise our dormant cells to higher levels of consciousness. They help in removing gross layers of sensory-world and make them pure. These masters have themselves realized the love-pulses; their vibrations fill the hearts of their followers. As much grossness of sensory world they remove, that much void is filled with love-pulses (Grace). It also means, the devotees (followers) have to attune themselves to their master and draw his attraction towards them. It is a reciprocal affair, as much love (Grace) their Master showers, his followers return reciprocates the same amount of love as devotion.cont.......
    Last edited by little-self; 10-27-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    ls workshop)......
    They come to this world on their own ‘sankalpa’ (will), for a limited purpose and after fulfilling it, they leave. Like other saints – Messengers - Prophets they do not have to undertake any kind of sadhna (Spiritual Discipline/exercise – devotion). They do not have to work for the attainment of the three levels of conscious. They are aware of past-present-future but deport themselves as ordinary human beings. They reveal their reality, only to few chosen ones. They never play foul or err in their chosen missions. Their love-grace-blessing is for everyone. They never create any religion, faith as they represent the truth – Love combination, whose Source is One. And they reveal this Reality only. Their revelations are still valid. After 5200 years, Truth revealed to Arjuna in the form of Gita, is still as valid as it was then. Thousands years hence, its validity would remain as fresh and valid as it is today. Truth-Reality never changes with the changing dimensions. Sacred scriptures---sacred, because each scripture is proclaimed to be the word of Gods---of other religions have lost their significance in the scientific era of today! Not that they did not contain reality. But they revealed limited realities not the whole-Reality. Since its (Gita) enlightening discourse there have been many skeptics, but never, ever, there has been one, who followed its philosophy and failed to experience the Bliss of the Existence of God.
    But we should not attach too much importance to Krishna factor. He too was only a medium for the revelation of Truth. He was a prince and like princes, he employed questionable means – tit for tat – dubious dealings etc. May be for nobler ends but means should never be negative or against the ethics one preaches. Thought-word-deed should be one.
    Truth told in Gita is Eternal, Krishna’s Source too was eternal, but He is not accepted by many a reincarnation of God, because according to them His actions, behavior or tantrum, did not correspond to the whole Truth-Love. (A contestable statement though!)
    Many saints through self-restraint, sacrifices, yogic sadhna, (spiritual-exercise) compassion and love, realized some levels of Truth. But mistakenly they thought their realization as whole and considered themselves as the ‘know-er’ of Truth, thus true representatives of God. As their realizations were only partial and their explanations or revelations were also incomplete. So their realities differed with each other. They made the source of their realities as local-personal-separate. Each of their reality personified and represented one different God. Their glossary of Gods equaled the number of faiths and religions in existence. As each ruler erected his empire and created its boundaries, the same-way founders of religions segmented the society in as many groups as there were religions. Where the state-religion, power combined, societies-Nations-civilizations became their targets in the name of holy wars – crusades, Jihad. The wars fought by the rulers for the expansion of their worldly realms and the resultant destruction wrought thereof, was negligible as compared to the quantum of ruins left by the zealots of the religions.
    Last edited by little-self; 10-27-2017 at 11:31 PM.

"You have something that exists in your head, and getting that abstract thought from your head into something that actually exists is a difficult process." Lazaro Hernandez

Blog Entries
    All the four threads of ls. are devoted to the search of 'Reality'----the Supreme-Principle/Truth behind/of creation! thanks

Blog Entries
    Lust
    Lust is also an obsession. By quenching it, it grows more and in its mad fulfillment, we keep on indulging in sensuality. At long last our physical prowess begins to sag, but we have not been able to satisfy it. To see its logical end, we venture out and out. Physique deserts us as its fulfillment was not in the bodies we craved for and indulged in, but in our self. Had it been in beautiful bodies, those bodies would have given us happiness and satisfied the lust to its logical end!
    But alas! It was not so, we are as lust hungry as we were.