Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Abstract Thoughts

Blog Entries
    Good day dear brother, is pure intellect so really pure? Consider the breakdown of the word thus; Ignoring-Numinosity-Truth-Eludes-Leaving-Little-Elemental-Clumps-Truth.=INTELLECT! Would you consider unconditional love of the itellect or of the spirit?

warmest regards Michael.
    I know nothing,and that is ALL.

Blog Entries
    Intellect is composite of stability, truth, interest, yoga, mighty powers, still it is the gist of these qualities, which are all acquired, hence relating only to ephemeral world, i.e., transitory! Whereas love is the reflection of bliss which is an attribute of spirit (3attributes of spirit=Existence (Being)-Awareness-Bliss)
    Pleasure is of body&senses
    Joy/Happiness of mental state (intellect)
    Love(bliss) of casual state (spirit)
    Hope the above explains your query, Brother!
    Last edited by little-self; 06-24-2018 at 12:15 AM.
    The more i learn more i become aware of my ignorance
    Awareness of ignorance is wisdom

Blog Entries
    Consciousness
    The way we can’t control the nature, same way, we can’t control our mind. By controlling nature we would assume the power of its creation, which is unimaginable. The very process of nature lies in its own unique faculty of consciousness. Like it, the process of life on earth planet is based on consciousness. Whole existence, including living beings, is conscious and our existence is also conscious. Mind is nothing else but the faculty of consciousness by which we are able to observe our existence and that of the world.

Blog Entries
    Old Habits Die Hard.
    It is very easy to shed old habits and substitute with fresh ones. Our mind has a glaring weakness and we must exploit it to our benefit. It has an exasperating nature of repetition. It does not easily forego old associations and goes again and again to a familiar spot, person or a favorite dish. It’s this nature, which creates a crop of habits in us. Here a little bit of auto-suggestion can also help us. We can willfully lead it to its nature of repetition but now we have substituted new spots, persons and dishes. Instead of a brothel, we lead it to religious places; instead of bad company, we have substituted the company of wise persons; and in place of non-veg we are feeding it a vegetarian food. Initially, it would not like this change but repeated ‘visits’ to new changes and by constant reminder before going to sleep, would wear it round and it would compromise to new changes and adopt them as new habits. The best way is to conduct a daily session of ‘dead posture’ (savaasna) of one hour duration, during the evening time. But this should be a regular practice and always undertaken at the same time and place.
    After being free from day’s routine, lie on a hard bed and relax your body, exactly like a dead body. Extend your arms and legs sideways and start slow breathing. While relaxing, focus your mind in the centre of the forehead; just above the center of the eye brows, slightly towards the right eye brow. After keeping your body inert for twenty minutes, start feeding your mind the new changes or habits, you want it to adopt. Always take only one subject during the session, and repeat that again and again. Initially, the mind revolts, but don’t lose heart, start with positive discrimination and feed the mind the benefits, the new change would bring into your life. Continue this for another eighteen minutes and then stop. Lie for another twelve minutes then revive your body firstly by d-concentrating the mind from your forehead. Bring slow movements to your limbs. Take forceful breaths and lie on your right side. After a minute sit cross legged for some time and open your yes. Continue this practice for some days and you would be surprised about the results. Your life pattern would be changed markedly. The idea is to give some rest to the mind as we do with the body (during sleep).

Blog Entries
    Realms Beyond
    It is not possible to achieve the state of pure-intellect without proper guidance from the conscience. Intelligence on its own cannot evaluate its authenticity Moreover, each aspect of mind gets elevated to the next higher one after attaining perfection with activated consciousness of the upper state. In other words the extension of thought process (consciousness) is possible only when the present store of data in memory chambers is fully activated and with their help latent memory-cells are made conscious too. Similarly, with the assistance of our acquired knowledge we discover/invent new areas in the field of science and widen our scope of knowledge. Thus, either in the field of mind's extension or material progression, it is the latent knowledge that opens up the realms beyond.

Blog Entries
    A person should have normal reactions to normal situations. One should be able to rejoice at the happiness of others, weep in sorrows of others, share pleasure or pain with others. Share their agonies and be ecstatic in their musical renditions. Appreciate their tastes and ignore their foul smells. Give good vibrations in spite of bad one’s coming to us. In nut-shell, we must share in their grief and joy and forget their deficiencies. It is the way for enriching our emotional treasure, sensitivities and energy channels stretched to the optimum levels, thereby enlivening pleasure fields which would next lead us to joy state.

Blog Entries
    The essence of positive tendencies is conscience.
    Every aspect has its inherent qualities of good and bad. Like brightness of a day and darkness of a night. We know, it is because of the position of earth towards the sun resulting in distinction of day or night. But going beyond the sphere of the earth, there exists only brightness. So as long as we are in the grip of our senses, we have the sense of good or bad, but when dawn of knowledge awakens within us, we go beyond the realm of the mind; good and bad aspects lose their bearing. Everything appears in its original (normal) form.
    Explaining it in a day to day vocabulary, whatever is done for the benefit of others, without any personal motive attached is good. And that which is done for our selfish motive is bad.

Blog Entries
    Normal State
    Waves of civilizations have existed for some time and vanished forever, making no improvement or advance in the journey of mankind. Results are before us, like animals we were in stone-age, bestial we still are in the end of twentieth century. We must remember, how many wars, and conflicts took place during foregone century: How many millions of people were killed in those wars’? If the words, such as mind, conscience, religion intellect, wisdom, should etc., had any effect, would we be so, as we are today? Whatever thought, philosophy we may flout, it is for our leisure and consumption only. We have learnt nothing from them and we will learn nothing in future, human journey began in gross and it will end in gross.
    If we establish in extreme consciousness of objective world or feel it through senses in normal and balanced condition, then we would realise that Nature or its objects are vested with three qualities of Truth (Purity), Happiness (material world), and pleasure (gross/sensual); and it (nature) is made up of particles which are composed of both positive and negative energy. These energy fields of positive/negative are highly susceptible to the type of life we lead and these can also superficially, charge our life style by the implementation of artificial means.
    The three qualities of truth, passion and sloth (Sato, Rajo and Tamo) are equally vested in nature and its objects. But energy charge in objects can increase or decrease by outer/inner influences. Living a balanced normal life, one assumes a quality life of truth (righteousness); around him, positive field expands, but if sensual tendencies take over, negative field expands and one leads a lower life than the normal.
    I mean, if we do not keep our energy fields balanced by keeping our senses in normal conditions without instigating them to extreme heights by artificial means of intoxicants, drugs etc., we are liable to increase our field of negative charge and lead ourselves towards degradation. That is, when positive field increases by artificial means, we are superficially happy. And when negative charge increases, we are living a life of perversion. Artificial happiness and superficial perversion both are not normal states. And if we live in acquired states, these are not a normal.

Blog Entries
    Name just one master who mastered any one of the branches of Nature and had duplicated that in totality through the medium of art or science!
    Not even the renowned scientists have completely uncovered the mysteries in their chosen fields. We hardly know a fraction of Nature as yet!

Blog Entries
    If we do not keep our energy fields balanced by keeping our senses in normal conditions without instigating them to extreme heights by artificial means of intoxicants, drugs etc., we are liable to increase our field of negative charge and lead ourselves towards degradation. That is, when positive field increases by artificial means, we are superficially happy. And when negative charge increases, we are living a life of perversion. Artificial happiness and superficial perversion both are not normal states. And if we live in acquired states, these are not a normal.

Blog Entries
    Happiness
    You don't have to do anything to be happy, because it is already there in you. You are of the nature of happiness, for we have been trying to weed out all the unwanted and irrelevant data/information/disinformation/super-imposition from our memory cells (gross-consciousness). And what ultimately is left, is the state of mind that is described as joyful.

Blog Entries
    As soon as the scope of our conscious expands the previously inactivated memory cells or unknown material objects, are activated, the additional knowledge makes our memory cells understand better the world around us, then the recently activated consciousness becomes redundant (understood) and the prevailing state of consciousness is the observer and the redundant or the understood materials are the observed. In the present case, it is the faculty of intelligence of mind which discriminates the data of our activated consciousness and differentiates between the good and bad.

Blog Entries
    Attachment
    Attachment is the quality of the senses so whatever attracts, they attach themselves to that. Mere attachment does not satisfy them and they involve more and more with them, so much so, entire species of that object becomes prey to their hunger of attachment. In fact their capacity to eat, see, hear, smell and touch is very limited, even then their hunger for more and more becomes insatiable. Sense organs can’t devour much, but imaginary hunger of subtle senses is inexhaustible. Whatever that they physically can’t indulge in, they possess them through mind (subtle senses), which in real sense is an imaginary aspect of mind, is its imaginary personality that is known as Ego. The imaginary person that grabs the attractive objects of the ephemeral world is the negative aspect of our tendencies, known as Ego that tries to satiate the hunger of the subtle senses, which actually does not exist! Its (ego) hunger is as imaginary as is its enjoyment as neither the hunger, nor its enjoyment or the ‘actual’ grabbing of the objects is real. Thus ego is an imaginary form quite away from the real, whose writ is established by its negative agents (envy, hatred, passion, anger, greed, attachment) and its sway is enlarged with the tools of mundane powers and imagination. All actions which originate from that person (ego charged) are not real or fruitful. But selfish and non-productive because those actions were generated by a false person, whose existence was prompted by the insatiable senses, whose hunger was as imaginary as its existence. Actions prompted by a false person, or false notions, can’t fructify into noble actions.

Blog Entries
    Our present social structure is based on the weak and sandy pillars of pride, selfishness, greed, lust, envy and attachments. A few ‘have-all’ are controlling the social fabrics of the society, a boon of material progress. Old values, which were life source of our character, have given way to new taboos, conventions, and etiquette. A neolithic is ruling the roost. Bribe, corruption, hush money, commission and political jugglery is rampant. Scandals, involving thousands of cores are a common feature of society. The tragedy is, nobody, bothers as everyone is busy in making a quick buck and hell with others. A sense of morass has enveloped over social structure, which once had rich traditions of cultural inheritance, customs and values of life. That is why our society is not producing worthwhile scholars, artists, musicians, sculptors, dancers and litterateurs. Today society is producing rich men, industrialists, managers, evil geniuses, corrupt bureaucrats and politicians. Sanitary, industrial chemical waste along with war machines is polluting atmosphere and the topography. A region’s topography with its resources and atmosphere play an equally important role in our genetics, inherited traits and people of that area are identical in their behavior, customs, dialects, dress, designs, art, music and literally excellence. Agrarian people of Punjab are different from their brothers settled in mineralogical areas of Assam and Bihar. Even their body structures, color, mental set up is quiet at variance. Advance in industrial age has caused waste of natural habitat, pollution in atmosphere and waste of natural habitat. Pollution in atmosphere is causing us immerse harm. Our senses are absorbing polluted water and chemically treated food grains. Wrong living styles, voluptuous tastes, all are playing havoc. Raw energy being used in the operation of industry, vehicles and for domestic purposes, is undoing our immunity levels. Hence, pollution of the body and its senses by sensual life, wrong ethics plus external effect of polluted atmosphere, are really making us, half human beings. That’s why our perspectives have changed.
    Similarly, money power has assumed a paramount importance in our society. Our values were based upon character, charity, sacrifice, compassion, kindness and virtue, but modern society has created its own values of money. Everything is scaled in money. A man’s standing is measured by the number of banglows, cars, planes, he possess or by the number of fabulous accounts he keeps in foreign banks, by number of racks of jeweler he hoards, collection of paintings of old master, of which their outlines he knows not or by the lavish parties he arranges. Against these few ‘have all’ eighty percent population of poor countries is below poverty line, though statistics tell us otherwise. Eighty percent of their time, energy and resources are spent, just for providing themselves square meals a day and a roof to sleep under. Naturally, their life is controlled by the nightmarish money, which seems to elude them. Although they are under the curse of money, a majority of have-nots wear the ornaments of old values, traditions, customs, art, music dance and other aesthetic aspect of life. This majority is the life force that unites us to our ethical past and through them we have a glimpse of our gone by eras, diligently preserved in their unpolluted minds, artisans hands, dancing bodies, harmonious voices and literally works. Their aesthetic vibrations are counter checking the polluting environments. Religion, which at one time, molded our character, rather every aspect of our daily life and helped us in the attainment of inner qualifies of life and ultimately enlightened ourselves as you put it, to cosmic consciousness, has made us today, a slave of ourselves. We use religion as support in the achievement of our material gains, sensual gratifications and immoral degradation. A few have-all have taken control of the religious institutions and are diabolically ruining our standard of values. Religious holy texts, scripts, have been forgotten and thrown to the gutter and in their place, a rig morale of ritualism, Tantric cult, and sham short-cut-ways of salvation are in vogue. Thousands of cores are being collected in the name of religion and their controllers are encasing, shamelessly, the religious sentimental of the foreigners, neo-rich and the poor majority of the people. I have seen all these with my own eyes and have been, often their victim due to their excellent salesmanship. They promise quick deliverance and this suits the present man, as he is in hurry, in the fulfillment of his desires. For instant services, he is ready to pay the asking price.

Blog Entries
    First step is the most difficult one. But the trail you leave behind shall be followed by the coming generations, not that such trails do not exist already. Too many, for too many, paths are available, each promises green pastures in the realms beyond but not two of them look alike. So in this journey, each one makes one’s own trail and finds the goal alone. Others may guide us, show us directions but their directions are according to the capacity/ability of their tools, with which they had made the trails. Every path leads to individual goal. The journey is very strenuous and lonesome, but rewarding. Take courage and plunge, we may find the way. But, first let us sharpen our tools so that we cut away the unwanted weeds and pursuer our goal.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast