Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Abstract Thoughts

Each element in nature has its distinct nature and sub nature. Like earth has its nature of solidness and its sub-nature represents quality of life-creation, water and air’s nature is smell and touch. The quality of their combination is creation and sustenance of life. Space’s nature is sound, its quality is vastness. Similarly all categories of creation on earth also have their innate-nature and qualities. But the essence of them all is beauty. A beautiful scene in nature is not represented alone by a tree, waterfall, birds, flowers or the lake. Fruitful trees dance with joy and their moving branches and leaves produce music. Majestic waterfall on hard stones, create sounds of music, birds flying in rhythms, their wings touching the air, tree leaves and surface of the lake, resounds vibrations of music. The joy which blend them all is beauty. The one thing common in them all is beauty. Same way, the joy in human beings, produces beauty. Beauty is not compounded in any one of them as it permeates their all classes. The essence of joy, combined together of all the humanity, is beauty. To seek beauty in one person or to make him/her the epitome of beauty is fallacious, that is why, mind wander from one beauty to another because no one person contain the essence of a class--- beauty is a subject not an object. It belongs to all class of persons (humanity), not just to one individual, so our aim should be the subject not an object. In such wider aspects individuals do not count, it is the totality of the class of individuals which count.
    The more i learn more i become aware of my ignorance
    Awareness of ignorance is wisdom

"Ancient Indian thought is some of the finest thought available to humans, however, you are going the wrong way about introducing the readers of this blog to such thought. Your long-winded posts are coming off as something akin to the sophistic speeches of Protagoras. I would like to engage in dialogue, but I recommend you engage in some simple questions a la Socrates. As is, I'd be better off reading the Ancient texts then reading your posts. Please, keep it slim or even ask some questions"

Dear Alvin Pepler, let 'The Search Within" thread go half-way, things would get much clear! to understand the significance of just two words " Not Two"---the essence of Advaita philosophy--- more than a hundred commentaries, by eminent scholars were written! so pl. be patient till then........
    ps. my next trial would be the serialization of my latest works "Quest In Reality" which is in dialogue form, so just wait!
    Last edited by little-self; 09-05-2017 at 08:09 AM.

I have tremendous admiration for Advaita Vedanta. But, shouldn't you just post a pdf of your book rather than just listing it section by section? I'd love to engage in dialogue, but I don't see how it is possible to do so. As for Advaita Vedanta, I've always kept Eliot Deutsch's study close at hand. I like Rene Guenon too.

right now am engaged in the typing of " The Search within', ls is a very poor typist! next typing starts only after he is finished with the works at hand, sorry!
    PS. a secret: self-inquiry is the best teacher (Guru)!
    " Vivekachudamani by Adi Shankara is the ultimate. read it, easily available on net!
    Last edited by little-self; 09-06-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Enjoyment we Seek..........(!)
    Each individual is an important constituent of creation. But in the expanse of nature, even the earth loses its significance. In our milky- ways there are countless stars, whose light has not yet touched the earth, even though aeons have gone by since their creation and they are much bigger and older than the earth. Nothing is indispensable in this transitory world. We must seek those aspects of nature which are also found in us, which are permanent in nature and would lead us to a world, which is permanent. We must try to find the permanent ingredients which constitute that world and lead us to a world, which is permanent. We must try to find the permanent ingredients which constitute that world and reject/ignore all those which are, not only transitory and superfluous but rather an impediment in our search of that world. That is, we should reject the artificiality of experience and seek only the factuality of Reality.
    In the regard, would we not become recluse of the society?
    My dear what kind of society? A society, which wastes its time in club going, card playing, boozing, kitty parties, gossiping, TV gazing or film going, reading cheap books and magazines or the society which spends billions in artificial make up, beauty parlors, costly clothes, sensual gadgetry? My dear, this called society is poles apart from the very word of Reality. Day and night this society is engaged like machines, in earning money by foul means, hoarding junk of so-called ‘modern’ art, or many other useless collections, which it does not need. In the process, they lose their sleep and develops obsessions whose non-fulfillments leads it to drugs and narcotics abuse etc.
    Had this society been clear about its objective, which was pleasure, it would seek that through easier and simple means. Pleasure, joy, happiness, what are they and how are they found? They are not in the objective world or in its indulgence. We are so ignorant, we can’t understand the enjoyment we seek from it is not in it but is in our own senses. It is self indulgence of senses what we feel as enjoyment. Enjoyment or pleasure is directly related to the rightful atmosphere of the sense organs, senses of perception and the mind. If any one of these is not in proper shape, we can’t enjoy the objective world, however beautiful or enchanting it might be. Pleasure comes out of them, when they function normally. Joy is the essence of pleasure as happiness is the essence of joy. Peace is the nature o happiness as love is the nature of beauty. Each gives the other a fill up till the last state of bliss is realized.
    All this is possible if we take the first step with discrimination and confine ourselves to the minimum of company and exposure to external world. Any dedicated worker, a genius at that, is devoted to his/her chosen work and is oblivious of the world outside. Society calls such people as lunatics but it were these mad (!) persons, who with their discoveries, inventions and adventures, brought the Stone Age civilization to the present atomic age. Today’s man is enjoying the fruits of those few adventuresome geniuses, who lived a life of deprivation to make life better for posterity
    Last edited by little-self; 09-09-2017 at 09:13 PM.

little-self (workshop)
    Culture and civilization are fostered by those, who live for others. They concentrate only on the goal at hand, whereas the majority of the people squander the fruits of their labor, in selfish indulgence and interact foolishly and freely with the external world.
    Desires are the root cause of our expansion, attachment and degradation. Like the vast expanse of the universe, mind also expands and its field of activates cover the entire cosmos. But when it has acquired the worldly knowledge, it dawns on it, the falsity of its wanderings, because, until it becomes fully conscious of its own (stored) knowledge its search is fruitless. It should firstly equip itself with its tools (latent) conscious knowledge and then only, venture out and seek knowledge of external worlds.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234