Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: The Search Within

Blog Entries
    An individual cannot be separated or be independent of its ‘Creator’, i.e., Nature. There is one Intelligence that permeates the cosmos: as it is the same Intelligence, which is the cause of Creation and its creations as well. So it cannot be summarized; the individual intelligence is different from Cosmic-Intelligence! The former is embedded in the brains of the individual bodies, whereas the latter permeates the cosmos, i.e., external space and its bodies/elements/matter/particles etc. The intelligence we have passed on to our children is the same we received from our parents and so on. However in each case, it is subject to external forces. This is because of their peculiar properties/qualities, and the subsequent exposure to external factors. Intelligence never goes through evolution: only its manifestations/projections receive their intelligence, in direct proportion to the types of vestures they inherit.
    Physical bodies age differently; their capacities and capabilities too are differently proportioned, according to their minds’ exposure. In nutshell: Supreme-Intelligence permeates equally in Its manifestation, but for the inadequate capacities of the users, Its revelation is accordingly limited. As soon as it is realized that the ‘conscious’ is not separate from its parent ‘body’ i.e., Cosmic-Consciousness, and that both reside in our bodies—separated falsely by the minds’ insufficient knowledge—the (super-imposed) differentiation is absolved. Here the ‘knowledge’ attains its true form and is referred to as, Brahman-Jnaan (Athamboth/knowledge of Self)), and its knower or beholder is called as Brahman-Jnaani. The process (Vidhya) of realising this Reality/Truth is spiritualism.
    Individual knowledge and cosmic knowledge, latent and patent (conscious); both constitute the mind. Those who know of this ‘reality’ are called the scientists of physical sciences. When we realize the individual-mind and the cosmic-mind are one; both become One and Divine. Knowledge of cosmos is mind: what makes this knowledge conscious is, Divinity. It is also stated that the synthesis of body-mind-intellect is Aathma(soul/spirit). This statement becomes a fact, when the seeker has crossed the fields of the mind and has realised the ‘factor’ that binds and illumines its very constituents. Mere knowledge of the trinity is not enough. Their knowledge is also not the Self! Even the conscious ‘factor’ is elementary. The eternal Awareness, that the individual is universal in nature, is the Self. That the individual-Self and the Cosmic-Self are one and That One is ParamAathma—Supreme-Self, is the Divine-Rrealisation.
    The binding, as well as the illumination ‘factor’ is— Divinity—which is inherent everywhere! When a seeker has realised this ‘knowledge’, his mental state is beyond description. Even he, himself cannot describe the heights of joy he is experiencing, during all the time; he is attuned to or reveling in the Self! As the Self is, of the nature of bliss, any one who has experienced, even Its’ momentary ‘glimpse’ is immersed in Its eternal joys. He attains an enviable state of bliss!
    The l.s. has been experiencing Its ‘effects’ off and on, for the last 21 years, since his mind took the U-turn and became aware of the Divine-Incarnation in human form! Till that time, he was not ready to accept the very ‘concept’ of Divine Incarnations of all the Divine Ones, belonging to all the religions! Often the glimpses of the Self, are more lasting, then it becomes unbearable for the mortal body and the mind to behold and absorb the ‘grace of bliss’, as the l.s., is not that spiritually advanced nor his cushions are that strong. He is left with only recourse, to pray to the Master, to either unshackle the Self from the body, or lift off the ‘link’!
    The more i learn more i become aware of my ignorance
    Awareness of ignorance is wisdom

Blog Entries
    It is a fact that the ‘experiencer’ more often seeks for the release of the Self from the body. It is just not palatable or even logical to come back to tasteless vagaries of the mind, from the ocean of Bliss! Once the subject has the ‘glimpse/experience’ of the bliss, he has no taste left for the worldly pleasures and joys. There is simply no substitute for the blissful state. Once smitten, one gets hooked for life. That is the reason, no Brahman-Jnaani/Self-Realised or a realised Yogi, remains in physical body, after the realisation of the Self (Aathma).
    Believe me the little selfs’s “I” doesn’t like to stay in his sick body. His “I” wants release! It is not out of desperation, dejection or isolation, nor can it be termed as a negative urge to escape from life. On the contrary, he feels completely, self-contended and at peace in his body. No more goals to achieve, no more desires; as he has had more than he deserved and ever dreamt of! Most of the time his cup of life is over brimming with bliss: he simply cannot withstand the onslaughts of divine ‘waves’. Continuous wafts of joy make his inner-self (Jeevi) self-reliant, self-contented and unshackled from the world. One simply disassociates from the world and enjoys the joyous company of the Self. It is simply very difficult to describe; not the Self, but Its Source! But who wants to know more?
    Here enter the doubting fence sitters and the elite intellectuals! They want to know the authenticity of these ‘experiences’! Whether we are answerable to these doubting Thomas’s, is a genuine excuse for the ‘ascetics’ to keep away from them! The l.s. is of the opinion that it is our duty and responsibility to share ‘knowledge’ of the Self, with the genuine seekers, because unless we do so, how would they be knowing the ‘potential’ beyond the ‘annihilation/nihilism’ state of the intellect? Even we ourselves are not always sure of the ‘existence’ of the Self! Fundamentally it is the mind, which questions the ‘Being’ of the Self. How are we to know, whether these ‘experiences’ of the Self are genuine!
    Very simple! Purely by experiencing the universality of the Self, the ‘experiencer’ is satisfied. How do we know that the ‘experience’ is really cosmic in nature and content? Again very simple! The cosmic-Self is ‘aware’ of the cosmos: that the ‘awareness’ of the ‘experiencer’ becomes cosmic, thus he becomes Gyatha—the knower of past, present and future of Cosmos/Creation! His state at that time is that of everlasting Bliss, which the nature of Brahman and the Self is.

Blog Entries
    The l.s. has been successful, to some extent, to cross (understand), the facets of the mind and get enlightened of the deepest potential of the ‘intellect’, so as to reach the doorsteps of wisdom and be blessed and graced with the glimpses of the Self!
    The journey has been long, self effacing, self sacrificing—of total surrender of body, mind and the intellectual attachments. A tall order for a worldly man, but a realisable, feasible and attainable Karamu(activity/seva); which each one of us should strive for, so as to attain the envious heights of self-purification. A state where all material things: joys of the world: even the realms of the world itself, become meaningless, stale, and trash! The l.s. shall omit all details and niceties, which enable us to realize these heights, as these have already been exhaustively shared in his previous book “Quest In Reality”. In the present ‘work’, the endeavor is to delve into the extremity of intellect, so as to be able to share and jointly undertake the journey that leads to Self—thereby to substantiate the authenticity of Self, and Its realisation in our own selves! That an ordinary mind is as good as that of an ascetic, for the realization of ‘his’ Self, with all Its’ splendor! One should not be disheartened by the vagaries of the mind or its tools of imagination and fantasising, which are so devious in deluding the intellect; it becomes very difficult to differentiate between real and the unreal.
    For the intellectuals and the scholars, there is, however, a rider. They are totally debarred entry to Self, because they depend entirely on their intellect to unravel the mysteries of the cosmic-mind! The tool they are using is insufficient, limited in scope and totally unreliable. A scholar is equipped with a very limited knowledge of his subject of specialization. His mastery over the complete subject is a mirage in the intellectual field! Even a super-computer can be fed only the ‘known’ data, which are but a fraction of the cosmic-knowledge. Hypothetically speaking: even if, entire knowledge of the ephemeral world could be gathered and acquired in one brain, the realisation/enlightenment of Divinity, on its strength is impossible! Not because, the intellect is irrelevant, but because of a major lacunae, in its ‘acquisition’ and application.
    Realizing the Self is, by ‘knowing’ It. And mind is not the right tool for Its attainment/realisation. Simultaneously, without the mind, one cannot reach the realms beyond it. Then how can we use the mind as a right tool, so that it helps us in having the clear ‘view’ of That, that lies beyond it? That way lies only in its purity and being a clear reflector, so as to have clear ‘view’ through it of That, which is C-I-C. The following is the best ever example, illustrating the enigma, its causes and the panacea, in the Masters’ own words:
    “Through activity man attains purity of consciousness. In fact man has to welcome activity with this end in view. And why strive for pure consciousness? Imagine a well with polluted and muddy waters, so the bottom of the well can be seen. Similarly in mans’ heart, deep down in his consciousness, we have the Aathma. But it can be cognized when the consciousness is clarified. Your imaginings, your inferences, your judgments and prejudices, your passions, emotions and egoistic desires, muddy the consciousness and make it opaque. How, then, can we become aware of the Aathma/soul, that is at the very base? Through seva(service) rendered, without any desire to placate ones’ ego and with only the well-being of others in view, it is possible to cleanse the consciousness and have the Aathma revealed.” Baba.(Thought for the day. 15.10.2002).

Blog Entries
    See how deep ‘it’ has been forced down and become venerable to negative forces! But it is only our misconception to ‘see’ it as distinct from our mind-intellect-wisdom or from our body even! As the entire universe is permeated by the Mind and Conscious, wisdom or intellect is not separate or identical from it (mind). The universe is the ‘conception’ of the Cosmic-Mind, and individual mind is no different or distinct from it. The mind is very subtle entity and conscious that permeates it, is crystal clear. Only later impressions/projections cast shadows of our vasanas (desires arising because of the aforementioned negative forces i.e. tendencies) and create muddy mirages, which we classify as gross-conscious. As soon as the grossness is sieved, only pure-consciousness remains. There is no universal panacea for removal of gross/muddy elements from our conscious, as each individual mind reflects distinct levels of intellect/conscious, which is according to the professions and types of lives they are exposed to. That is why our ancients prescribed different methods, viz., KaramyogRajyog,Bhakthiyog, Thyaagyog, and Jnaanyog, (Action,Passion,Devotion,Detachment,Wisdom) each catering to distinct inclinations of the sadhak(seeker), who are engaged in the pursuits of Reality. These paths are inter-dependent and complimentary. In fact these are the elevations, connoting the states of mind. The tools applied for the successive attainment of every path, are invariably the five fundamental values, viz., Truth, Righteousness, Love, Peace and Non-violence (Sathya, Dharam, Shanthi, Prem, Ahimsa). Unless these are adhered to, and made part of human lives, forget about God or His realisation! These are the intrinsic disciplines of human nature, as hunger and thirst are body’s nature (dharm).
    By talking about sieving or removal of gross/muddy materials (thoughts/vasanas) from the mind, does not imply their physical banishment; but by ‘knowing’ their relevance vis--vis Truth. Truth is the fundamental requirement of the sadhak. It is the inherent quality of consciousness, but being not aware, it remains dormant. As the scientists are interested only in unraveling mysteries of physical world, the spiritualists are engaged in the quest of its Creator! That is why anything that is ephemeral is, irrelevant to the latter. The gross mind representing only the knowledge of gross/material world, which is ever changing, ever progressive; hence is not relevant! The only ‘thing’, according to the spiritualist, which is not subject to change and hence is permanent is—Truth: one amongst many attributes ascribed to God/Reality.
    According to SPECT scanning, this fact came to light; while the subjects were engaged in deep meditation; their gross-mind was subdued/asleep, and a ‘feeling’ of universal-consciousness was ‘experienced’. Here another doubt arises, as to why the ephemeral world or Nature is considered as ‘untrue/unreal’ by the spiritualist, and truth is taken as the only reality?
    The reality of each subject or its substance is known only by its innate nature. The Creation as well as its creations, is the manifestation of the Grand-Design; according to which each object is placed—by projection, at a predetermined place, clime and circumstances. The truth of their existence is relative, as each one is undergoing through constant change and transforming into another substance. Because it is the law of Nature: Evolution is its fundamental nature. So the reality of each material object is relative to its ‘temporary’ existence, in the material form. While the nature of consciousness is eternal, the reality/truth of Creation is relative, and the Consciousness that permeates it is eternal.

Blog Entries
    Like the water of the well has to be clear, to ‘see’ its bottom, mind has also to be clear, i.e., in its original state, to be able to ‘see’ Reality or Self, through its clear and pure reflectors. Minds’ reflectors are its three tier composition of the Conscious, viz., gross-conscious, intelligence and wisdom. Like the muddy surface of the well’s water, mind’s tainted conscious, as the result of external factors, does not act as good ‘conductor’ to have direct ‘experience/glimpse’ of the Self. The Self is not something different from mind. Mind in its pure form is, the Supra-Consciousness. Actually what we ‘see’ in the depth of the well? The bottom, through whose ‘pores’ water seeps out to make the well’s water. Water comes from the invisible source of ‘water’! What is the reality of water? The water itself! Any object/entity’s reality is in it (self), which is its own innate nature. The innate nature of Nature in not in its qualities of, Creation-Sustenance-Dissolution, but in its own ‘reality: That all is Brahman—“Aham Brahman Asmi” (Iam Brahman/Great Saying/Mahaavak). If we seek to ‘know’ our own reality, it is not buried in the principle of the universe, but is in us—our own ‘self’. As the source of intelligence is Intelligence, similarly, the source of reality is Reality itself.
    The reality in the case of Self is, the element of its own quality of ‘awareness’. The end of knowledge is wisdom; deepest bottom of mind. The purity of minds’ reflections viz., gross-conscious, intelligence and wisdom, leads it (mind) to its own reality. Its state of purity leads it to its own realisation—its own awareness. The pure intelligence or logic does not fill the mind with the totality of knowledge of Brahmand/Cosmos; on the contrary this cleanses it of gross-knowledge and establishes itself in its own reality—pure-consciousness i.e., C-I-C. Mind’s components are its tools of manifestation. In pure state it is C-I-C. The element of creation/creativity manifests only after it ‘will’ to ‘activate’ the seed of gross conscious that has in it the ‘intelligence/memory’ of Creation. The transformation of pure-consciousness into gross-conscious is the beginning of evolution.
    It is often assumed, there is a second ‘agency’ that activates the Original-Seed, putting in process the Creation drama. But when the Seed grows into Creation, it subsumes itself into its manifestations! In Nature, no seed leaves behind even its symbolic elements of identity, but invariably merges/subsumes itself into its creations. But the ‘force’ that evolves it into full bloom or when ‘it’ retracts (Big-Crunch/Prahlah/Dissolution) into its original condition, is the ‘factor’ that is the topic of the wise and the scholars. This factor or mystery shrouds their minds and the simple fact of ‘its’ reality becomes exaggerated disillusion.
    Let us understand the basic principle of the Supreme-Intelligence: Whereas its manifestation, Creation, is engaged in the evolution of ascendancy, Its own reality has regressed in the anti-evolution (i.e. devolution.)
    Matter, the creation of Intelligence, evolves from gross to human fineness: Its (Intelligence) direct ‘representation/agency’—basic values, the qualities of mind—has degenerated to its lowest ebb in the human beings! Its gradual downslide transition, from Sathvic, Rajo to Thamas (qualities and dispositions of Prakrithi (Nature) or Maaya=its transient nature) reflects correspondingly in the cycle of time, Yugas (Sathyug, Kretha’Dwappar, Kaliyug); i.e., from highest quality of life of Dharma (righteousness) to being bogged down to the baser qualities, is in direct contrast to the material progress. It is an un-natural development, whose consequences are being borne by the relentless onslaught of natural calamities and self-destructive forces unleashed on humanity, because of the down-slide in the application of human-intelligence.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112