Thread: What is the relationship between implicit and explicit statements?

What is the relationship between implicit and explicit statements?

Only in this regard.

Let's say an implicit statement such as, 'Everything about him is definitely greater than it was before,' is immediately followed by an explicit statement, such as 'His body has become better suited towards battle, he can sense energy and his heart has become evil itself,' Isn't there a relationship between these two statements?

The implicit statement implies things that are not plainly expressed but is than immediately followed by clearly stating; what changed, which simultaneously leaves no room for confusion or doubt about any further particulars.

Would I be correct in this?

Blog Entries
    I don't think we can make anything explicit in a complete way. If we could then we could objectify our subjectivity. Both of the statements you used as an example seem to me to be similar descriptions of some change in his body.

Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    I don't think we can make anything explicit in a complete way. If we could then we could objectify our subjectivity. Both of the statements you used as an example seem to me to be similar descriptions of some change in his body.
    But they don't necessarily have to reflect an increase of strength because the implicit statement is directly followed by what changed, correct?

Blog Entries
    I liked the first description better because the second one included stuff about becoming "evil itself". The reader should come to that conclusion without being told. So if the second one was the "explicit" description, then I would prefer the "implicit" one.

Blog Entries
    I think one defines another the implicit statement which you mentioned ( 'Everything about him ) as you said it was immediately followed by another statement which it is ( His body has become better suited towards battle) here explicit some parts of the body which are implied parts of ( everything about him......etc.) have been clarified by this statement the Explicit i think nothing more than this
    Last edited by Mohammad Ahmad; 01-23-2017 at 02:24 PM.
    My country is the Home of Honour And
    Without honour I haven't Home
    MMA