Thread: Anne Perry

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland

Anne Perry

I posted this in the introductions forum on 22 April. Now I post it here in longer form. Anne Perry often writes tales with a twist. Some of her books are drawn from her own earlier life. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Perry. She has published 100 books or more. Her 5 volumes on the First World War were particularly, moving. No Graves As Yet (2003) to "We Shall Not Sleep" (2007), I bought, as well as her novel on Byzantium ("The Sheen on the Silk") and on the American Civil War (Slaves and Obsession"). She is probably best known for her novels on East London in the mid-1800s.

"I've just finished reading an Anne Perry book of 19th century London -"Cain his brother". Now there is a book with a twist! Anne Perry had a strange past, read it up in the Wikipedia article on her. I have a whole shelf of Anne Perry's work.".

She was born in East London, which helps understand her focus on William Monk and Thomas Pitt, and the legal side of woman's oppression in Victorian England.

Coming from a New Zealand prison where she was serving a 5 year sentence for murder along with another 15 year old, Anne Perry came out and set upon a writing career that has been a huge success.

I used to read a lot of detective fiction and Anne Perry was a favorite of mine.
    I have one of her books on the shelf signed by her... kind of cool having a signed copy of a book written by a convicted murderer. And if you know anything about the specifics of the murder, it was particularly coldblooded.

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    It was, indeed, coldblooded. Must be cool to have a signed copy!

I have just finished reading "Corridor of the Night", but it was not at up to the extent of the other in this series and by Anne Perry's other works as well.