Thread: About Earth

Blog Entries

About Earth

I am super-rusty in terms of writing; but I wanted to write, as it's been so long. . . it's very nice, a nice practice. So, I wrote this this morning. Ennjoy.

This I would like to tell. . I have seen many worlds, lived many lifetimes, and to the best of my ability, I have lived in peace, and shared joy and happiness wherever it is possible. Although, I have lived many expereinces, and seen many beautiful wonders, largely in the small things, primarily in the less-visible details of life, especially the small animals, the small creepers and birds, and all the way down to the minutest, even these, the same as the beautiful trees, a similar life-force-energy; flowing through them. . . I have still wondered what is the very best,. . . and when I saw, when I did see the best, I remembered.

The very best is some sort of spiritual synergy; this we may know for sure. It's a love - a love that does no harm, especially no harm to animals, and especially as little harm to plants as is necessary, and/or possible. For all of these are life-soul, all these are the same life-soul as ourselves. . . part of the whole, part of mother-nature.

What are the words one uses to describe the holiest of holy? They are unique in every culture, but surely they refer to the same. In some, the most sacred, most revered, holiest of holy names is kept secret - in most it is considered very sacred, and it's not used lightly or cheaply. So, for these, some there is Wakan-Tanka, that is the First People, or American Indian term for the Great Spirit. . . among Buddha-followers, Buddhists, it is known by many names, and there are various aspects; Buddhas have Avalokitesvara, Shakyamuni, Bhaisajyaguru, Amida Buddha, Kuan Yin, Tara, and many others. In India it is Govinda. In Islam it is Allah. In Christ-disciples, it is Jesus Christ. Judaism, YHWH, or Yahweh, also it is sometimes not spoken or so forth; so simply referred to as The Lord. In China, mostly it is Tao, considered the Nameless, although there are other religions in this country as well.

Among all of these, which one is best? Who can say? All and every one can say for themselves. The primary things, in this writer's view, is to do no harm, and to thoughtfully and peacefully do good where and when it is possible. . . And especially, to live in a more harmonious manner with our earth-mother. This is not much an option, or rather - it is the only option, if we wish to survive.

This writer believes in vegetarianism - with a spiritual purpose - but even more important, at the present moment, is to to attain a harmony and peaceful balance with our earth. How many earths are there? Aha -- a silly joke, thrown in randomly, and a good question perhaps. . . but let us say for now - there is one earth on which we all abide, and which we all share as our home.

We are all very close to one another, now, since the invention and interconnection of the world wide web -- the internet. . . Each of us, practically speaking, now has or by a soon date will have many friends world wide. . . This seems to be the general trend. That is -- it is with only a click of a button that I can see what someone in India, or anywhere else in the world -- who has become, perhaps, a close friend, or even my closest friend -- what they are doing, how they are doing -- most specifically, of these, whichever they wish to share.

When they take a photo of a beautiful sunset or forest view -- or a city view - many times they post or share, and their friends wherever in the world, can see it. So we are very close, in this way, to each other. Since this is the case - many beautiful aspects of cultural understanding have come to the fore. Japanese culture can influence my heart and soul the same as another one can -- and as easily. . . If I wish to learn some about Japan, I can easily pick up Yakumo Koizumi. If I wish to learn of some music from India, I can do so as well. Or if I wish to learn about Buddhism in Tibet - the Dalai Lama is available, and so are so many other sources of wisdom and beauty -- poetry and art, knowledge and instruction of all kinds.

All of it free - or, at least, if one searches well, the best of it -- free, completely. . . Anyway - so this writer has wandered off-topic somewhat; the main point is that since we are so close - many of us, most of us in a later date -- as friendship, understanding, consideration bring about, eventually and ideally, spiritual friendship and positive connections, a good and positive spiritual community - thus, we are connected by our common necessity of a stable and healthful place to live - that is, earth.

As we all live on this home, this planet of the loveliest - unbelievably loveliest - diversity, beauty, lushness, growth, abundance - the source of all life we know; the home of all of us. . .
    So - on and on - we can see that this is our main priority, maintaining our home so we will have a home; we will continue to have one.
    So what is to be done? It is - in this writer's opinion - non-materialism.

Yet; I won't go on and on about that - what are your best solutions. . . practical changes in life-styles -
    And what is the most effective ( and least consumptive [of resources]) way of spreading awareness?
    Many thanks and sincerely,
    N.

Blog Entries
    Nice post. I also liked Moondog's piano music.

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    You have been off-line for some time, NiKoli1, good to see you back!