Thread: Help: Reference modified images

Question Help: Reference modified images

Does anyone know how to reference images that has modified or changed from the original source? For example, two images are fused together or a text is added on the image.

If you are required to reference your sources then I would presume that you have been given an accepted standard (such as MLA or APA) to work with, and they have general guidelines on how to reference images or just web pages in general. What are the expectations?
    Without any form of punctuation, our language would not say "I'm perfect"; it would say "imperfect".

"Access to works of art cannot be defined solely in terms of physical accessibility, since works of art exist only for those who have the means of understanding them."

Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    If you are required to reference your sources then I would presume that you have been given an accepted standard (such as MLA or APA) to work with, and they have general guidelines on how to reference images or just web pages in general. What are the expectations?
    APA is the one that is used.

I know how to reference images using the APA-style. My question is the following: How should an image be referenced, if you modify it, so it isnīt the same as the original source anymore? Is it even possible to reference it in that case?
    Last edited by tomfyhr; 11-01-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Oh, you made the modification, I wasn't clear on that. I really don't know, it might depend on what exactly you did.
    Without any form of punctuation, our language would not say "I'm perfect"; it would say "imperfect".

"Access to works of art cannot be defined solely in terms of physical accessibility, since works of art exist only for those who have the means of understanding them."

Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    Oh, you made the modification, I wasn't clear on that. I really don't know, it might depend on what exactly you did.
    The image is cropped and texts are added to it.

If that is all then it might be sufficient to reference the image as usual and state (text added). Cropping should not matter.