Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble Accessing LitNet link

Inexplicably Undiscovered
    next door to the lady in the vinegar bottle
    Blog Entries

Trouble Accessing LitNet link

I've been trying to save and store my LitNet contributions for whichever family members might want 'em before I shuffle off this mortal coil. Had lots of trouble with the short story entitled "Thanks Anyway." By clicking on my screen name, and then show forum posts, I found the link.

The problem arose after I clicked the link in my browser window. The suggested web sites were for Chevy Camaros and bizarre items. There were a couple of LitNet postings, but none posted by me and they all seemed to predate the story I was looking for.

I'm going to try to repost the story again and save the new link to see if I can access it and save it that way. I'm sorry for posting something that's already been up, but please humor me.

Auntie

Blog Entries
    I haven't had any problem, but the site does seem slower than it has been in the past. I am using Google's Chrome browser. Maybe you are, too. I don't know if that difference matters.

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    My internet connection was down for some 90 minutes today. Its now back, thank goodness.

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Found a moment to visit the site and give Chrome another try, got in on the first attempt. The page shift slag is still doing its thing, that issue is tolerable. The pause allows for a sip of spirits.

Edit - Sorry Auntie, my response did not speak to your post specifically, I thought I was responding to the other thread regarding Litnet login issues, I recon the issues are similar enough.
    Last edited by Gilliatt Gurgle; 10-02-2016 at 05:16 PM. Reason: I felt like it
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Blog Entries
    Nope. The new link for "Thanks Anyway" didn't work. I tried another one, the LitNet link to "The Lyin' King" and the only thing that came up was repeated identical links for something called "jacomba." Looks like I'll have to go back and try to save my dozens of ditties in PDF. Problem is I don't know how much time I've got left.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Danik 2016; 10-03-2016 at 08:30 PM.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Danik 2016; 10-03-2016 at 08:32 PM.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Danik 2016; 10-03-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    "Problem is I don't know how much time I've got left."... Aunty ?

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    If any one has an e-mail of Aunt Schecky it would be kind to send her the links.

Blog Entries
    Dear Danik,

Thank you so much for gathering all those links! It was kind of you. I will try accessing them as soon as I sign off here. Don't know what the prob was. This new fangled computer originally had "edge" (bad! "half-baked" I was told) which never found anything I searched for. I switched to Internet explorer and got back link to car companies and something called "Jacoma"(?) Google couldn't find it either, but at least thay had the spheres to admit they couldn't find it instead of substituting lame url links!

Blog Entries
    Hi Aunt Schecky
    Electronic devices will have their own way sometimes. I hope the links are ok and accessible. I guess there may be more stuff. I donīt know why I didnīt find "The Lying King".
    Please let me know if the links donīt work or if there is anything else you need.

Closed
    I have been unable to post for much of yesterday and today. I had no problem logging in the old fashioned way, but once in I could not post. The same thing happened a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure this is something on LitNet's end, since there has been no change on mine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast