Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: worst food combination???

Blog Entries
    I can't eat them any more, but I do remember enjoying "onion rings" as an alternative to "french fries" (chips?) with hamburgers. However, looking at them now they do seem dreadful.

I once (by accident) ordered a hamburger that had a fried egg in the sandwich where the ketchup and mustard would go. It tasted OK, but I don't think I will do that again. When I looked at the menu it did state there would be an egg there, I just didn't believe when originally reading it that any one would do something like that and so I unconsciously ignored the information.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    I can't eat them any more, but I do remember enjoying "onion rings" as an alternative to "french fries" (chips?) with hamburgers. However, looking at them now they do seem dreadful.

I once (by accident) ordered a hamburger that had a fried egg in the sandwich where the ketchup and mustard would go. It tasted OK, but I don't think I will do that again. When I looked at the menu it did state there would be an egg there, I just didn't believe when originally reading it that any one would do something like that and so I unconsciously ignored the information.
    This adding a fried egg to a hamburger seems to be something new here in the Canadian Prairies. I have meant to try this... why not? Your saying that it tasted all right has just clinched it. I shall indeed try this.
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    It's worth trying as a cultural experience if nothing else. I think the one I ordered also had bacon and cheese on it along with ketchup, pickles, mushrooms and onions and stuff I can't remember. There were also french fries, which are called "chips" elsewhere in the world, on the side. Just order everything on it. And a beer since it was a brewery. I would have ordered pie and ice cream if I could eat anything after that. All this was years ago prior to my current diet.

Blog Entries
    All righty then.
    I have tried a fried egg in a hamburger. Delicious! Unexpectedly delicious.
    The burger also had bacon, fried onions, mayonnaise, mustard and lots of dill pickle slices.

I will have it again, but only when extremely hungry, as this was quite filling.
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Did you have a beer with it? It is filling. I think there was bacon and cheese on mine as well. It was like an omelette with everything except it was a burger. As I recall it did taste good.

On things one should not eat together. Here (in the Netherlands), pancakes are not a breakfast food, we eat them for lunch and even for dinner. Combined with bacon or bananas, go crazy. But there is this newish fad to make pizzas from it, so a pancake (which is by its nature a bit sweet) with tomato sauce, toppings and baked again. The thought makes me shiver.
    “Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist.
    Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”

G.K. Chesterton

Blog Entries
    Did you have a beer with it? It is filling. I think there was bacon and cheese on mine as well. It was like an omelette with everything except it was a burger. As I recall it did taste good.
    Ha ha, no, I actually hate the taste of beer, lol. But a glass of white wine merged well with the burger! Yes, this was very good indeed.
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    On things one should not eat together. Here (in the Netherlands), pancakes are not a breakfast food, we eat them for lunch and even for dinner. Combined with bacon or bananas, go crazy. But there is this newish fad to make pizzas from it, so a pancake (which is by its nature a bit sweet) with tomato sauce, toppings and baked again. The thought makes me shiver.
    Yes, I could eat pancakes at any meal, it is just whenever I am in the mood for this -- my version of a pancake is a doughy circle made with buttermilk, and not altogether sweet. But then we lather butter on them and POUR the Canadian Maple Syrup atop -- omg --- this is LIFE!

Now the idea of making pizza out of a pancake ... sounds odd ... but then one should try before one judges, ya never know, right?
    ~Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws View Post
    Yes, I could eat pancakes at any meal, it is just whenever I am in the mood for this -- my version of a pancake is a doughy circle made with buttermilk, and not altogether sweet. But then we lather butter on them and POUR the Canadian Maple Syrup atop -- omg --- this is LIFE!

Now the idea of making pizza out of a pancake ... sounds odd ... but then one should try before one judges, ya never know, right?
    Ours are larger and thinner, more like a crepe. And my secret is using beer in the batter, makes it sweet. Do try though, there seem to be enough people who do like it.
    “Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist.

G.K. Chesterton

Blog Entries
    I love crepes!
    When I visited France, there were so many variations of them that I was in 'crepe heaven'!
    No, the pancake that I referred to was just that. Doughy, not at all thin. But SO good. *yummm*
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    I avoid crepes, but they do taste good. It seems like I'm not getting my money's worth because they are so thin. Much like a thin crust pizza.

Blog Entries
    Much like a thin crust pizza.
    And I am one who adores the thinner the better! But they better be loaded with gooey cheese, else no TIP!!
    ~Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws View Post
    And I am one who adores the thinner the better! But they better be loaded with gooey cheese, else no TIP!!
    Or nutella...

G.K. Chesterton

Blog Entries
    One of the things I don't like in pizza is (too much) salt. I don't want that feeling of thirst hours after consuming too many slices of otherwise delicious pizza. I have to admit I've never heard of nutella. If it is a form of anchovies, that would be a food combination that might fit the category of "worst".

One of the things I don't like in pizza is (too much) salt. I don't want that feeling of thirst hours after consuming too many slices of otherwise delicious pizza. I have to admit I've never heard of nutella. If it is a form of anchovies, that would be a food combination that might fit the category of "worst".
    https://www.nutella.com/en/uk/history

Nutella is a hazelnut paste with cocoa in it. One eats it on bread, pancakes, cake or *naughty* with a spoon straight from the jar.

I hadn’t realised it wasn’t something ‘worldwide’ known.

G.K. Chesterton

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast