Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: worst food combination???

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    I once was drinking beer, and someone came along and offered plenty of ice cream. It was delicius, but I was bloated; I felt like I'd swallowed a football. It's either one or the other or a small amount of both.

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I too could mention anything-with-tofu, but then I'm not actually sure it can be classified as a foodstuff. I think polystyrene is marginally more nutricious (and a damn sight better tasting).

For charity, I once ate a ham, jam, mustard, custard and tuna sandwich. It was as revolting as you might imagine.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    what about custard and fishfingers, anyone try that?, haven't myself but know of a guy who enjoyed that combination very much.
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Blog Entries
    I've tasted a few awful things here in asia. Prawn/fish/cuttlefish flavoured crisps. Chips served with sweet chili sauce and slathered in mayo. Coffee mixed with tea to the detriment of both ingredients.
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    I too could mention anything-with-tofu, but then I'm not actually sure it can be classified as a foodstuff. I think polystyrene is marginally more nutricious (and a damn sight better tasting).
    Nonsense.
    Properly produced Tofu is calorie for calorie one of the most nutritious foods you can eat. It also doesn't have much in the way of taste, that's the beauty of it because it's very flexible when it comes to seasoning and preparation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    and now???
    After a hard day's work, beer and ice cream might be just what one needs and since ice cream melts and it is cheaper to buy it in the half-gallon size and since beer gets warm and it is cheaper in 16 oz bottles and since you might not have a refrigerator, it is best to consume all of it before too much of it melts or gets too warm.

However, now that I am older and can afford a refrigerator those youthful days are just part of my memories. I rarely eat ice cream or drink beer any more let alone together.

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain Sparrow View Post
    Nonsense.
    Properly produced Tofu is calorie for calorie one of the most nutritious foods you can eat. It also doesn't have much in the way of taste, that's the beauty of it because it's very flexible when it comes to seasoning and preparation.
    I was talking more in jest than earnest! I know tofu is perfectly edible, and having lived with a vegan for a year I've understood that is can sustain life. I just can't stand the (lack of) taste, not to mention the fact that you have chew each mouthful for a fortnight or so to actually be able to swallow.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    I was talking more in jest than earnest! I know tofu is perfectly edible, and having lived with a vegan for a year I've understood that is can sustain life. I just can't stand the (lack of) taste, not to mention the fact that you have chew each mouthful for a fortnight or so to actually be able to swallow.
    Blimey, that sounds pretty tough.

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
    Just because it hasn't killed you yet doesn't mean that it won't.
    My doctor tells me to eat tofu because I don't eat much meat. I actually love curries, but curried tofu ain't worth dying for. Where ice cream and beer are concerned, though, bring it on.

Blog Entries
    Pineapple by itself is great.
    But many people like to combine it with meat and I find that unappealing...
    *ugh* Pineapple and chicken? Really?!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws View Post
    Pineapple by itself is great.
    But many people like to combine it with meat and I find that unappealing...
    *ugh* Pineapple and chicken? Really?!
    I'll second that.
    Smoked ham baked with pineapple on it seems to be a favorite among people who think that pineapple enhances meat. I am of the opinion that meat is delicious by itself, so piling on pineapple only detracts from the flavor. Pineapple with chicken sounds even worse, but I don't recall having been afflicted with it, yet.

Blog Entries
    I can't remember if I ever had pineapple with meat, but the thought of it does seem strange.

What I am doing now with coffee would have seemed strange to me only a few months ago: I put a rounded tablespoon of coconut oil in it when it is hot. It dissolves in the hot water and then I drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    I can't remember if I ever had pineapple with meat, but the thought of it does seem strange.
    Really?! Ham and pineapple is as British as fish and chips. Try it, a pineapple chunk on a cocktail stick, with an equal square of ham is the usual way of indulging.

Blog Entries
    Come to think of it, fish and chips is also a strange combination although I was tempted to try it once when eating lunch with a British co-worker.

When I was young after a day of strenuous work, ice cream and beer was my favorite meal. Of course I had to finish the whole quart of ice-cream or it would melt. And a six-pack of beer does get cold.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mal4mac View Post
    Really?! Ham and pineapple is as British as fish and chips. Try it, a pineapple chunk on a cocktail stick, with an equal square of ham is the usual way of indulging.
    I'm not sure I will enjoy ham with pineapple, but yes, I will give it a go.
    On the other hand, my sister LOVES ham and pineapple on a pizza, believe it or not. She orders a "Swine and Pine" at her favorite pizza parlor. Ya gotta laff at that, no? '
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast