Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: worst food combination???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
    Yes, That's coffee as the Gods intended.That's the way all good people drink coffee. One might want to hide the flavour, if the coffee were extremely bad, but not ordinarily.
    Ha ha ha ha! That was (snobbily?) hilarious!

Regarding the thought 'if the coffee were extremely bad' -- I have a personal motto, must be the serious coffee drinker in me, but anyways -- LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR BAD COFFEE.
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws View Post
    So I tried an ICED COFFEE...
    Hated it....
    What is it with iced coffee and 'all the rage'???? It truly is horrid!
    The reason iced coffee tastes bad is that it's being watered down by the ice. It's like drinking grog instead rum. I don't like it at all, but I do have the extreme eccentricity of only drinking hot coffee on cold winter mornings. Otherwise I insist on room temperature, which renders good coffee much more flavorful. No, really. Hot coffee overwhelms the tasting experience (although it warms you through and through). Lukewarm coffee is repulsive. I'm the only one who seems to get this, but room temperature coffee actually tastes the best.

I take my coffee black. As the truckers say, If I'd wanted a cup of cream and sugar I wouldn't have ordered coffee. Actually, that's not quite true. I add cream or half and half to hot coffee on Christmas morning (and as long as the little carton lasts). It's delicious, but I drink so much coffee that I would be fat as a tick if I didn't control it. Black coffee has approximately zero calories (you can even drink it when you are NPO for a doctor's appointment). The very idea of sweetened coffee is disgusting to me. Why drink coffee at all? Some flavors, like hazelnut, complement the flavor of good coffee but some don't. And NEVER CHICORY. Some people associate bitter chicory with good coffee. It's a total con. Chicory was used as a coffee filler in the post bellum South when folks didn't have much money. Starbucks told yuppies it's what expensive coffee tastes like and now we're stuck with it. Decaf isn't coffee at all so it isn't worth mentioning.

I drink about a pot a day--down from two (or three when I was a young man). Okay, I had a problem.
    Last edited by Pompey Bum; 10-31-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Starbucks told yuppies it's what expensive coffee tastes like and now we're stuck with it.
    Ha ha ha ha!
    But, having laffed, yes you are probably right.
    I don't get my best cuppa joe at Starbucks anyways. We have wickedly good coffee at Tim Horton's -- now THAT is coffee as it should be!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Ketchup on bread with no meat. Or anything sour and sweet together. Those must be the worst combinations.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrooks52 View Post
    Ketchup on bread with no meat. Or anything sour and sweet together. Those must be the worst combinations.
    I agree that ketchup on bread is not too appealing...

I am also not really fond of sweet and sour... unless we are speaking of Pink Lemonade. Now that is enjoyable. But to pour sweet sauces all over perfectly good meat is dreadful in my humble opinion. I know that cranberry sauce served with turkey is a norm (well, here it is, anyhow) ... but I would much prefer gravy on my turkey. And on my mashed potatoes, and on my stuffing, .... ya get the picture...
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Ketchup on bread would make me want to give up both bread and ketchup.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    Ketchup on bread would make me want to give up both bread and ketchup.
    When I was at university, on more than one occasion, I had burger buns with only ketchup and pickles because those were the only things I could afford and kept readily in my cupboard.

I can't stand orange and chocolate combination with anything... And it's everywhere.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    The pickles sound like a good choice.

While driving to different work sites when I was planting trees, I sometimes bought a dozen donuts (cheaper in that quantity) from Dunkin Donuts and a large coffee and eat them on the way. By the time I finished the tenth donut I started to have second thoughts about the wisdom of that food choice (or quantity). Since I was disciplined I finished the last two anyway.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Never been a donuts fan... Especially the jam filled kind that is favoured in this country. Yuck.

Another food combo I don't understand is fruit yoghurt. Why?
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    There are a lot of donuts that are not worth eating (maybe none of them are?). I prefer those with cream filling. That helps increase the sugar rush and it makes me think I'm getting more (sugar) for my money. Glazed donuts seem like hot air with no substance. Of course if they are chocolate coated with sprinkles, that increases their value.

I don't understand fruit yogurt either.

Blog Entries
    A variation on a theme by JoseBrooks52:

I hesitate to offer my combination as the thought of it now makes me ill:

Catsup/Ketchup in bacon grease mopped up with white bread
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    If you mop it up with a Boston Cream donut it might make it even worse.

Blog Entries
    Glurgh... those last two posts?
    Unimaginable!
    Last edited by kiz_paws; 11-21-2017 at 09:50 PM.
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    This thread should help me lose those last six or seven pounds that for some reason I think shouldn't be there.

Blog Entries
    I am having a problem imagining eating a plate of salmon with maple syrup flavoring....
    Yes, such things are sold in boxes where I live, unfortunately.
    I like salmon barely cooked, so it is moist and flaky. With lemon juice, salt and pepper, olive oil drizzle and a pinch of garlic.
    But maple syrup... dear me, NOOOOO!
    ~Albert Einstein

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast