Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Log In trouble

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I just had some problems myself (also on chrome), and it was something with the facebook integration. I have turned that off, and it solved my problem. It could also be related to a window's update. Nothing has changed here though (except the facebook integration I just turned off). Is it working better now for any of you?
    No, that made no difference to me. When I opened that page directly from the email, I got to that page, but log in was no easier. If it hadn't happened on different computers with different browsers and different versions of Windows, then I would have thought it was on this end, and the other vBulletin site I use is fine. The text boxes on the top edge of pages don't work, and the little drop down menus when one puts the cursor on a username usually don't work; I believe that both of those features are javascript. If I am correct, then there might be a mismatch on javascript.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
    No, that made no difference to me. When I opened that page directly from the email, I got to that page, but log in was no easier. If it hadn't happened on different computers with different browsers and different versions of Windows, then I would have thought it was on this end, and the other vBulletin site I use is fine. The text boxes on the top edge of pages don't work, and the little drop down menus when one puts the cursor on a username usually don't work; I believe that both of those features are javascript. If I am correct, then there might be a mismatch on javascript.
    I did not pick up on that you didn't have the text boxes and other formatting options functional either.

I can tell you this, there has not been any sort of javascript changes to this site in a long time. Did you guys recently install some sort of security software, or update it, or update your browser?
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I did not pick up on that you didn't have the text boxes and other formatting options functional either.

I can tell you this, there has not been any sort of javascript changes to this site in a long time. Did you guys recently install some sort of security software, or update it, or update your browser?
    I'm not surprised. And yes there have been upgraded browsers. I'll see if there were similar problems for other people with updated browsers on similar sites. The thing that bothers me about this is that I regularly use another forum that runs on vBulletin, and that's just fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123