Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Log In trouble

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's still summer time for many users of the site, so, maybe they're busy doing summer time things, like, outside and away from a computer

I'm no tech-head and in that regard no help for these specific q's about site behaviour, but I can say, in multiple browsers, with this account and a regular-user account for testing, I am able to log in, log out, click links on the main index page and any other page, post to threads, obviously, and I can access the "more" smiley list, so, I don't know what to say to you Peter and anyone else having issues accessing the site but I'll ask Admin about it.
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Closed
    Thanks, Logos. The slow page turn is pretty frustrating.

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    It would be good if you ask Admin about it. Without looking at the server end software, I can' tell what is new and different there, but something got changed that wasn't changed in other vBulletin sites and that has been causing slow page loading, etc.

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Litnet login Woes

Dear Admin,
    I too have been experiencing similar technological maladies expressed by the esteemed members above; unable to log in via laptop, the "slow page turn" as described above for example.
    I'm getting by with a magnifying glass and a mini- iPad for the time being.
    As you continue in your dogged efforts toward finding a solution, I came up with some new technologies that may serve as temporary solution.
    Please refer to my compiled thoughts in the image below.

Image sharing can be achieved by using a film camera, developing the images then mailing them to forum members ( be sure to include the zip code and proper postage rate)

Private messages can be handled through telegraph and morse code.

Post cards are perfect for sending those sweet nothings to other members, I call it "Stamp Chat"
    As my late father, the rocket scientist, once said, we can put a man on the moon, but logging in can be a b?!&h sometimes.

(In all seriousness, I appreciate the efforts)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

FWIW, I read the forum at various times on my Windows desktop, Android tablet, and Android phone, all using the current Firefox release, and have experienced no problems.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    FWIW, I read the forum at various times on my Windows desktop, Android tablet, and Android phone, all using the current Firefox release, and have experienced no problems.
    Thanks Calidore, your response helped, indirectly and for the moment, we'll see how long it holds up.
    I have been using Google Chrome for some time now, so I tried going back to basics using Internet Explorer and here I am typing from the lap top.
    Our IT dude back at the office likes to point out that most IT problems are found between the seat and the keyboard.
    I'm still puzzled by the Chrome issues though.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Closed
    Still having the same problems on my IPad. : (

Closed
    If this is helpful to anyone returning from vacation, I am (rarely) able to sign in the old fashioned way, and when I am I have all functions.

Closed
    Hey hey! Twice in a row. Maybe the hard times are over.

Artist and Bibliophile stlukesguild's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Slow Page Turn" is an understatement. Every time I click to turn the page it sits and spins for a good deal of time... so that I end up browsing elsewhere and then come back to LitNet. None of the other sites I frequent have this problem right now.
    Beware of the man with just one book. -Ovid
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.- Mark Twain
    My Blog: Of Delicious Recoil
    http://stlukesguild.tumblr.com/

I just had some problems myself (also on chrome), and it was something with the facebook integration. I have turned that off, and it solved my problem. It could also be related to a window's update. Nothing has changed here though (except the facebook integration I just turned off). Is it working better now for any of you?
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I just had some problems myself (also on chrome), and it was something with the facebook integration. I have turned that off, and it solved my problem. It could also be related to a window's update. Nothing has changed here though (except the facebook integration I just turned off). Is it working better now for any of you?
    No, it didn't help. The problem is that I (usually) can't sign at the upper right. When I try, the words "user name" do not go away, and my password will not encrypt. I have to sign in using the message screen, but when I do there are a host of limitations and problems to what I can use on the site. On the few occasions when I am able to sign in the regular way, I have no such problems. Now that I have logged out (to see if what you did helped and have been unable to log back in the normal way, I am screwed again. : (

I think Peter has been having similar problems with the log in function.

What happens if you just go direct to this page?

http://www.online-literature.com/for...n.php?do=login

Have you cleared browser temporary files and cookies to check that?
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

Closed
    That put me right in, but with the same limited options once I get here (no bold, italics, etc; no access to emoticon screen; very slow page turn, etc.).

I get a cookies cleared message whenever I sign out. I'll go into my IPad's bowels to see what else I can do.

Closed
    Okay, I just cleared cookies and site info from my IPad, but it did not help. Same problem with sign in and limited access to functions once I'm in. There must be a solution, though, because sometimes (apparently randomly) I am able to sign in at the upper right, and when I do there are no other problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast