Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Log In trouble

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries

Greetings,
    This is the first time when I have been able to log in since 9/5/2016. I tried on three different computers and using different browsers. The text boxes in the upper part of the screen have not worked, and the password space does not obscure my password. I managed to log in using the form that appears after an unsuccessful log in attempt. I also am on aother forum that uses vBulletin, and that has been not problem. Has Lit-Net done anything to the software that migh cause this? And can you suggest any way that might make it easier for me to get on the site. And this site has been opening slower than other sites.

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
    Greetings,
    This is the first time when I have been able to log in since 9/5/2016. I tried on three different computers and using different browsers. The text boxes in the upper part of the screen have not worked, and the password space does not obscure my password. I managed to log in using the form that appears after an unsuccessful log in attempt. I also am on aother forum that uses vBulletin, and that has been not problem. Has Lit-Net done anything to the software that migh cause this? And can you suggest any way that might make it easier for me to get on the site. And this site has been opening slower than other sites.
    I've had the same problems exactly. And I no longer get the option to use italics, bold script, etc. What gives?

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    Blog Entries
    Maybe there is an answer.

Blog Entries
    Cookies and ads enabled ?
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Closed
    Yes, all systems are go. I wonder if this could have something to do with the fact that Peter and I are in the same part of the USA right now. Another thought I had (before hearing about Peter's problem) is that it had to do with my tablet. But Peter says he's been using various computers, so it seems to be something on LitNet's end.

Are you still there, LitNet?
    Last edited by Pompey Bum; 09-10-2016 at 05:23 PM.

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    Blog Entries
    Various security configurations and they all act the same. I am starting to suspect a new version of Java or another language (javascript, Flash, or similar) that would have been downloaded within the last couple of weeks.

Blog Entries
    Odd. Laptop and Kindle no problem out here in the Sierra Foothills on the Left Coast. Using Opera browser on both.

Bon Chance !
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tailor STATELY View Post
    Odd. Laptop and Kindle no problem out here in the Sierra Foothills on the Left Coast. Using Opera browser on both.

Bon Chance !
    I am becoming more confidnet that it is some add-on that the browser is using one the site. Just which and how it is interfering I don't know, but using the form to sign in works, while the thing in the upper right does not work. I just signed on using twl browsers, so I don't think that browser is the problem, but it may have been a poor update to all browsers

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had problems with the site some time ago. If one uses more than one device, one has to check the remember me field or one gets logged out again. I also was directed to a cloud in some ocasions, which for some unfathomable reason is in Argentina. Maybe this form is directing you to the cloud.The weather has some influence too. When it storms the connection is bad.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not able to use LitNet with Firefox (my usual browser) anymore - clicking any link on the main page leads to an error screen telling me the 'server has started a process that will never complete', or something like that. For now, I use IE and that seems to work fine. I suspect that's a problem with my computer, but I thought I'd mention it in case it throws any light on other peoples' issues.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Closed
    In addition to my other woes (sign in weirdness, incredibly long page changes, no bold, italics, underline, etc.) I no longer get the big emoticon screen. I click on the more link (just to the right of this dialogue box) but nothing happens.

Does anyone from LitNet know why these things are happening?

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    I'm not able to use LitNet with Firefox (my usual browser) anymore - clicking any link on the main page leads to an error screen telling me the 'server has started a process that will never complete', or something like that. For now, I use IE and that seems to work fine. I suspect that's a problem with my computer, but I thought I'd mention it in case it throws any light on other peoples' issues.
    "The 'server has started a process that will never complete'" strongly suggests that it is a site specific problem, which may explain why there has been no official response on this thread; they are too busy rying to straighten things out to reply.

Blog Entries
    The question is if the site works differently, depending where you are, through different clouds, for example.
    I had the problems I stated before, but now its ok logging in from Brazil with Firefox. But I remember a member from the state New York complaining about the difficulty in using the site. That might be one of the reasons he hasn,t frequented the site lately.
    I would try to contact the moderators or the Admin if the problems persist.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Danik 2016 View Post
    I had problems with the site some time ago. If one uses more than one device, one has to check the remember me field or one gets logged out again.
    That's normal, Danik.

Quote Originally Posted by Danik 2016 View Post
    The question is if the site works differently, depending where you are, through different clouds, for example. I would try to contact the moderators or the Admin if the problems persist.
    Isn't that what we're doing now? I wrote to them through the contact us link the day the problems started, but there has been no response at all. Hopefully Peter is right and this only means they are busy fixing the problem, but it would be nice to hear that from someone in charge. Are you out there, LitNet?

Blog Entries
    I suppose that the way to get a response of the staff is trying to contact someone you know and who is still there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast