Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Ice King

Quote Originally Posted by ayatinstitute View Post
    Thanks so much, Danik. Beautiful story, the best part for me He is wearing no clothes but it’s clear that he’s warm; he’s in his element: he is The Ice King, and he doesn’t beckon or smile: he stands at the end of the hall that is lined with blue-sheened green walls of ice. They look soft, insubstantial, but they are hard as stone,
    thank you so much @ayatinstitute – and my apologies for the tardy response: i've been travelling for a bit (though not, this time, through the solar system... ;-) )

thanks @fudgetusk for the differentiated response: this, in many ways, is exactly what, if anything, the story means to achieve. a personal, individual reaction. and yours, in so many respects, couldn't be more perfect: a qualified appreciation with quite a bit of resistance to it, at first, maybe even resentment (anger?) at elements of it, but then you make it your own and find references and resonances that i couldn't even think of. and

Quote Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
    I can't think if I've read a story like it.
    is possibly the best compliment i could wish for. i don't care whether one percent of one percent of potential readers ever read this story, or a few more or a few less: if one or two feel this is unlike anything they've read before, my 'job', as it were, with this piece of writing is done. thanks!

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    That's the right attitude, FREI! (:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwoven View Post
    That's the right attitude, FREI! (:
    thanks! :-) (i'm learning to put my writing where it belongs: this forum is helping a great deal...)

The Ice King Now Also on Kindle and as ePub

Hello Friends

For those of you who like to have your short stories in a neat tablet reader format, The Ice King is now also available on Kindle and as ePub (for iPad, Kobo, Nook, among others), and of course if you'd like to own it as a handsome paperback, you'll find it here, or, if you want to avoid Amazon, you can easily order it through your local bookstore (ISBN 978-1-64255-445-8) or find an alternative online provider here.

Obviously, you can continue reading it here, though the text has since been polished up a bit and corrected in places, and as I can't edit old entries on this forum you'd have to head over to EDENbyFREI for the latest and (I hope, if not last) currently best version.

Thanks for your continued support & interest and

Enjoy!

FREI

The Ice King as Audio Book

Hello Friends

For those of you who enjoyed The Ice King – this is now also available as an audio book, and if you happen to be trialling Amazon's Audible (or would like to give it a go), you can currently get it for free.

Thanks for your immensely valuable support for this and other stories of mine here, this has really made a difference!

Have a wonderful Festive Season everyone, irrespective of what, if anything, you celebrate, and happy writing, reading and/or listening!

FREI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123