Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's bunker time!!!

It's bunker time!!!

There's a drought of deadly seriousness that won't end. There's heat nigh unto a furnace. There are floods that cover whole states and persist for weeks--with torrential rain to boot. There are mass shootings. Urban riots. Deletion of our rights. Mass surveillance. Who here is ready to grab their AK and head for that bunker in the woods?! (And I'm at least half serious.)
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps a Sig Sauer SG 516...(rounds: 5.56×45mm NATO (.223 Remington) or 7.62×39mm (AK)). Although California just passed a whole bunch of weapon laws that might even make slingshots illegal if you carry more than 1-lead ball on you.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Cheddar View Post
    Who here is ready to grab their AK and head for that bunker in the woods?!
    Now hold on a second fellers, that's just where they'll be expecting us to go.

Blog Entries
    Well, TC, I think you are ready in the woods in New England somewhere.

There's a drought of deadly seriousness that won't end. There's heat nigh unto a furnace. There are floods that cover whole states and persist for weeks--with torrential rain to boot. There are mass shootings. Urban riots. Deletion of our rights. Mass surveillance. Who here is ready to grab their AK and head for that bunker in the woods?! (And I'm at least half serious.)
    And we call it progress. The people are inadvertantly demanding a totalitarian government to ease their woes.

Our social and many of our environmental problems are inevitable consequences of overpopulation and its demands. Only the educated are practicing birth control in significant numbers. For best results, try it the other way around.

It is now that a planet in the cosmos falls back from its highest evolution. How far back, that is impossible to say. There is a new imperialist beast competing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Bum View Post
    Now hold on a second fellers, that's just where they'll be expecting us to go.
    You're right. I'll head for your bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by tailor STATELY View Post
    Perhaps a Sig Sauer SG 516...(rounds: 5.56×45mm NATO (.223 Remington) or 7.62×39mm (AK)). Although California just passed a whole bunch of weapon laws that might even make slingshots illegal if you carry more than 1-lead ball on you.
    Well, then I'd better avoid California as I always carry two balls. Now you see I'm happy to accept weapons advice, and training, from those more knowledgeable than myself, which is everyone who knows even a little. I sometimes consider going to the range near here and getting me some gun training. Loud sounds and me don't get along, and I think guns would scare the crap outta me, but rioters, neo-Nazis and other assorted maniacs do too.

Closed
    Is All in the Family on yet? I thought it was Bunker time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Bum View Post
    Is All in the Family on yet? I thought it was Bunker time.
    sigh...<climbs down into bunker, closes and locks outer shield door with a clang, leaves PB outside to get his tush traded for cigarettes by biker gangs>

Blog Entries
    I live in that part of the world on the western coast of North America that will, apparently, at any moment suffer one of the worst earthquakes that the world has seen since the dawn of recorded history and drop off of the continental shelf into the ocean. The atmosphere when people think about it is kind of weird, like "well, what can you do, this is the price we pay for nice weather, good restaurants, and a fulfilling social life." I guess I feel the same. I mean, I probably wouldn't even have time to notice if a massive earthquake just threw my city into the ocean, right?

I do know a guy through my fiance's work however who does have a bunker that he build himself on his land, and he says he's also got a massive collection of weapons and non-perishable food, and also a large sum of gold buried somewhere. Brother is ready for some real genuine social upheaval.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    I do know a guy through my fiance's work however who does have a bunker that he build himself on his land, and he says he's also got a massive collection of weapons and non-perishable food, and also a large sum of gold buried somewhere. Brother is ready for some real genuine social upheaval.
    The guys who buy gold crack me up. Civilization has broken down and the monetary system has collapsed, but hunks of metal are gonna be worth...what? I tell ya, Pompey Bum's attractive hide'll fetch more under those circumstances than all the gold in Fort Knox. I saw one edition of one of those prepper shows in which a guy was stocking toilet paper for use as currency, saying that it's one thing folks will always need. He had a point. I don't want chafing in the apocalypse. Rubbing alcohol, gauze bandages, antibiotics, matches--all these little practical necessities would be worth a whole lot more than gold.

Closed
    The guys who buy gold crack me up. Civilization has broken down and the monetary system has collapsed, but hunks of metal are gonna be worth...what?
    As usual, TC, you are forgetting the dentistry factor.

Well, folks, y'all know the news of the day. What do you think? Bunker time or what? I don't want to get into political analysis or debate, just wondering if anyone thinks the events of the last two days represent the beginning of some much bigger excrement that could mean a bit of prepping and hiding suddenly seem reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by desiresjab View Post
    Only the educated are practicing birth control in significant numbers. For best results, try it the other way around.
    Eugenics you mean?

Blog Entries
    The guys who buy gold crack me up. Civilization has broken down and the monetary system has collapsed, but hunks of metal are gonna be worth...what? I tell ya, Pompey Bum's attractive hide'll fetch more under those circumstances than all the gold in Fort Knox. I saw one edition of one of those prepper shows in which a guy was stocking toilet paper for use as currency, saying that it's one thing folks will always need. He had a point. I don't want chafing in the apocalypse. Rubbing alcohol, gauze bandages, antibiotics, matches--all these little practical necessities would be worth a whole lot more than gold.
    Hah, that's true. He should be stockpiling those things, as well as alcohol, cigarettes, insulin, asthma medication, antihistimines... anything that a large chunk of society would have difficulty living without on a daily basis. Now that is how you establish a repeat post-apocalyptic business.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    Well, then I'd better avoid California as I always carry two balls. Now you see I'm happy to accept weapons advice, and training, from those more knowledgeable than myself, which is everyone who knows even a little. I sometimes consider going to the range near here and getting me some gun training. Loud sounds and me don't get along, and I think guns would scare the crap outta me, but rioters, neo-Nazis and other assorted maniacs do too.
    Irony and satire are good things to have in one's arsenal - a witty put down can be effective at 200 yards down wind, those neo-Nazis are very sensitive about their acne, not to mention their BMI.
    ay up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast