Thread: Who do you think was more of a monster, Victor or his new creation?

Who do you think was more of a monster, Victor or his new creation?

Who do you think was more of a monster, Victor or his new creation?

I think Victor's creation definitely ended up becoming a monster, but I think that Victor could have taken more responsibility for his new creation and acted as a mentor towards him. Victor is the creator, so the monster looks to him for guidance. Victor allowed him to turn into a monster instead of being just a "creation", so I think they both are in some ways a monster.

I believe Victor Frankenstein was more of a monster than his creation. Instead of dealing with the problem head-on, Victor fled from his laboratory in Ingolstadt and hoped he would never see his creation again. If Victor had actively looked for the creature, he could have either destroyed him or taken him under his wing and taught him about humanity. By avoiding the problem, Victor allowed the situation to escalate and winded up losing most of his family.

I agree that Victor Frankenstein was more of a monster than his creation. The unnamed monster cannot be faulted for who he is, he did simply what Victor asked of him. Victor was able to teach and care for his creation but instead left him.

I believe Victor Frankenstein was more of a monster than his creation for several reasons. For starters, Victor is the one who is responsible for what his creation has done because Victor was the one who created him and left him without any guidance. Victor obsessed over bringing his creation to life, so much that he lost all connection with his friends and family for months and became ill. Once Victor brought his creation to life, he was terrified of him, and hoped he'd never have to see him again. Obviously, what his creation ended up doing was very wrong and many would call him a monster, but I believe he was doomed from the start because he was never accepted by the public and had one to go to for guidance. In conclusion, Victor is definitely more of a monster than his creation. Victor should have never left his creation and he should have either destroyed it or been its mentor, but instead he was a coward and ultimately people paid the price for it.

I believe that Frankenstein's monster was not much of a monster. To me, he was more of a creature that was not properly cared for and endured a great amount of emotional neglect. This was because Victor Frankenstein paid much more attention to the idea of the science behind his creation rather than his creation itself. He did not begin as a monster, but the obsession with what he was able to do took over him and he became more of a monster than his creation. Even though the monster looked and acted like a monster at times, his creator was more of a monster. Victor Frankenstein neglected his monster and eventually left him, while also shutting out those around him, all a result of his obsession with the power behind what he was able to create.