Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is alcohol highly overrated?

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Alcohol becomes more overrated when you begin to drink too much...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    I'm more of a coffee addict as well. I prefer it black or, even better, espresso. However, all we have at home is a French press.

Lately, we've been getting into the practice of putting a teaspoon of coconut oil in the coffee. It makes the coffee look oily, and almost undrinkable, but it tastes OK. It is supposed to cure everything. Even stuff that doesn't need curing.
    I have heard that putting coconut oil in your coffee is good for you, I don't think I'll try it though....

I always quote my favourite agent, cause we want our coffee the same way, 'black as midnight on a moonless night'.
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Alex White View Post
    Yes, I see what you mean. I wonder why people have so much trouble relaxing? I'm not trying to be facetious, just wondering.
    I think it may be a psychological thing, the fact that many people feel that they are obliged to do things they would rather not.
    I mentioned Donald trump earlier in this thread on account that he doesn't drink alcohol. He has since stated that he loves working, but this is an attitude which I certainly don't subscribe to. For me the ultimate relaxation comes from not working: I was once talking to a man whose wife called to him to prepare a horse for his daughter's gymkhana, he sighed and said: ' I don't mind doing things as long as I don't have to do them.'
    My sentiments entirely.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

I think alcohol is overrated. Who wants to be wasted when you can rather be sober, relishing life?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    I think it may be a psychological thing, the fact that many people feel that they are obliged to do things they would rather not.
    I mentioned Donald trump earlier in this thread on account that he doesn't drink alcohol. He has since stated that he loves working, but this is an attitude which I certainly don't subscribe to. For me the ultimate relaxation comes from not working: I was once talking to a man whose wife called to him to prepare a horse for his daughter's gymkhana, he sighed and said: ' I don't mind doing things as long as I don't have to do them.' My sentiments entirely.
    Well put-

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit24 View Post
    I think alcohol is overrated. Who wants to be wasted when you can rather be sober, relishing life?
    Any single person who wants to get laid. Taking your clothes off in public is embarrassing if you're sober.

"Wine maketh glad the heart of man," sayeth the Bible. The right amount of alcohol heightens one's enthusiasm, whether one is discussing literature or falling in love. The problem is that the proper degree of intoxication cannot be maintained with any precision.

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Interesting perspective Ecurb, not that I need alcohol to take off my clothes, to get laid!!

From a writers perspective on the other hand, I always remember the Hemingway maxim " Write drunk / Edit sober."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12