Thread: WH Tattoo Ideas?

WH Tattoo Ideas?

Hey everyone!

Wuthering Heights became my favorite book upon first read. It was the first classic that I fell in love with completely, and I think I finished off the whole thing in half a day, haha. This book actually became a very important one to me personally, for a variety of reasons, and it truly means a lot. So, when I decided a while ago that I would like to get my first tattoo, I immediately thought of something WH inspired.
    I know it's very popular right now to get literary quote tattoos, but I don't really want anything so obvious. So I was hoping you guys could help give me some ideas from the book for a more symbolic tattoo. Right now I was either thinking about getting a tattoo of the tree from the cover of my book (couldn't add link, but it's the Oxford Classics print - anyone know what kind of tree that would be, btw?), or a candle - which comes from one of my favorite scenes in the book where Cathy opens the window at Thrushcross and insists she sees the candle in her window and calls out to Heathcliff. Anything else along those lines you guys can think of? Maybe one of the birds mentioned? Thanks!

before I saw the text of the post lanibee, I was thinking of a few words from the text---but you seem to be against that? I suspect all but the most devout wuthering heights fans wouldn't know where it comes from.

or are you meaning "so obvious" to you?

otherwise, heck, its been so many years since ive read the book...I wonder about some combination of storms and heather?

Quote Originally Posted by bounty View Post
    before I saw the text of the post lanibee, I was thinking of a few words from the text---but you seem to be against that? I suspect all but the most devout wuthering heights fans wouldn't know where it comes from.

or are you meaning "so obvious" to you?

otherwise, heck, its been so many years since ive read the book...I wonder about some combination of storms and heather?

I'm just not so sure about getting words tattoo'ed, and many of my favorite quotes are too long for a tattoo. But I'm not dead set against it as long as it's not one of the more well known verses

I wonder if any of the quotes you like would work just by having the first few words followed by an ellipsis?

what do you think about heather? or heather and a storm?
    Last edited by bounty; 03-18-2016 at 10:06 AM.