You are an all inspiring,
    awesome sacrifice. A mighty
    self denying Savior for mankind
    You verily verily are
    omnipotent, being Alpha,
    and unequivocally, and without
    comparison, Omega.

Blog Entries
    Some things don't change,on here. There always is and always will be somebody worshipping, brow beating and spreading the word and pretending to write poetry. Particularly now at this time in civilisation where it's effects are on every news channel every day.

The belief in God's kills more every day than everything you would consider evil. Ironic . Unlike your verse.
    Last edited by Jerrybaldy; 01-26-2016 at 08:27 PM.

For those who believe,
    no explanation is necessary.
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrybaldy View Post
    The belief in God's kills more every day than everything you would consider evil.
    The only thing that kills more is atheism which can get quite genocidal.

I kind of like the idea of using poetry to write prayers. Mine would be different, but it helps to see things in different ways.

Blog Entries
    One day my friend you may wish you had believed. Now let me write this in verse............ Just because you don't believe doesn't mean it's not true. And furthermore I write what I want to write even if it offends you. Now go put your finger in your mouth and hope with you all will be well. I guarantee at the end of your life you will consider if there truly is a hell.
    Plus this poem is so neat because at every third word there is another poem inside the poem.
    Last edited by The black sheep; 01-29-2016 at 10:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    I agree you can write what you want even if it offends others. Unfortunately you are unable to guarantee what another person will consider at the end of their life. We are all flawed beings, including those whose faith translates into utter arrogance so journey on wiser now.
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The black sheep View Post
    Plus this poem is so neat because at every third word there is another poem inside the poem.
    I seem to recall pride being one of a group of seven particularly nasty sins... indeed, the one most associated with the Morningstar himself. It 'goeth before destruction'.

Don't be so quick to condemn others to damnation. If there is such a thing as God, and he has his elect, then it ill becomes them to gloat at those of us who are brimstone-bound.

Anyway, on the subject of the poem: I quite enjoyed it. There's some very reasonable imagery here, though it does rehearse it in the usual way that Christian devotional poetry does. It would be nice to see more insight into your personal relationship with your god, rather than harking after the Almighty in a straight-ish line. I think the second stanza is the strongest.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    I was sent by your god to spread your word Black Sheep as until I commented it was sinking without trace. Your God works in mysterious ways. Like my dishwasher. Confuses the crap out of me. No such thing as bad publicity. You're welcome.
    Last edited by Jerrybaldy; 01-29-2016 at 07:32 PM.

For those who believe,
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The black sheep View Post
    I don't follow how there are poems inside the poem here.

Blog Entries
    Black sheep. Can I ask if you accept the previous existence of dinosaurs?
    YesNo. If you are referring to Hitler there are as many Christian quotes as anti. So jury is out. And his brutality doesn't seem to have been caused by a lack of religion. So don't get your point. Think murderers are atheists and devotees. But as a divisive slaughter inducing mind set I think religion takes some beating. Not even sure that is debatable. But happy to hear otherwise.

For those who believe,
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

Blog Entries
    Ok have indulged you. Every third word reads with the same message but dodgy syntax. Mercifully shorter though.

For those who believe,
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

Blog Entries

Delta 40

Carefully read the wording before you judge that I condemned somebody. I believe it is universal that at the moment of death for those who have the time that we all will consider the unknown. Even the strongest atheist, I believe, will consider it.{With the emphasis on consider} The pride is in the believing that you may not consider it because you believe that YOU are it and all of it--and in control of your spiritual destiny.

Blog Entries
    Have a nice day jerrybaldy. I wasn't trying to convince anyone. You started the fireworks criticizing not just the poem but the contents of it. If you don't like a poem just don't like it-I'm okay with that, but I guess I did get offended when you downgrade a God who rains on the just and the unjust.... And if that is pride then go tell it to the writer of the Bible, because that is an excerpt from it.

Blog Entries
    You have a good day too Blacksheep. We are all making our own way. Our ways are different but that's ok.

For those who believe,
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrybaldy View Post
    YesNo. If you are referring to Hitler there are as many Christian quotes as anti. So jury is out. And his brutality doesn't seem to have been caused by a lack of religion. So don't get your point. Think murderers are atheists and devotees. But as a divisive slaughter inducing mind set I think religion takes some beating. Not even sure that is debatable. But happy to hear otherwise.
    I am referring to Naziism, Stalinism, Maoism, and the Khmer Rouge just to mention those that come to mind at the moment. Atheists have no ethical or intellectual privileged frame of reference on which to stand and look down on anyone. What I don't understand is why atheists think they are so special.

----------------

Black Sheep, I think I see the poem inside the other poem. I was counting the words wrong. However, I wonder if that is a useful poetic technique.

Blog Entries
    Yesno......I don't quite stick with techniques, I just write. There are enough people in this world who will like some of your words ,my words and plenty others words. Seriously, I just write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast