Thread: EXODUS 1:1-6:1 "The beginning of the "Moses" story

Registered User JacobBenAvraham's Avatar
    Blog Entries

EXODUS 1:1-6:1 "The beginning of the "Moses" story

PARASHA: "SHEMOT" (names)

EXODUS 1:1-6:1....................ISAIAH 27:6-28:13.....................ACTS 7:17-29

Shabbat shalom, today we start "Shemot" or in Greek, "Exodus" the Israelites have been in Egypt, enjoying life, dealing in agriculture (farmers) and cattle (ranchers) and perhaps even businessmen. Joseph brought them to Egypt, in good graces with then friendly Pharaoh, probably Senuset, Joseph dies at 110 years old, many years pass, maybe a hundred or so, then comes along a new Pharaoh, probably "Ahmose" and gets an attitude towards the Israelites,

1:8 "Now there arose a new king over Egypt that knew not Joseph" when the Torah says "knew not" not only did he not know him personally, he probably didn't regard how Joseph saved Egypt as a big deal, since it was "ancient history" He had "phobias" about how Israel might rise up against Egypt, How he got that idea is beyond me, but he put them to work as slaves, the years of the easy life ended, For many years, many hundreds of years, they worked as slaves, probably a few pharaohs came and went, but Adonai knows what is going on, and this was prophesied to Abraham, this was "history" in the eyes of G-d even before it happened, as YHVH lives outside of time, he is in the dimension called "infinity" and looks at the dimension called "time" where we live.

Moshe is G-d's man, even before he is born, He is born a Levite, in the midst of little baby boys being thrown into the Nile by the pharaoh of the 12th dynasty, Senuset III, But life seems to "get back at you" what "goes around, comes around" the Egyptian soldiers threw the baby boys into the Nile as "crocodile food" a few hundred years later, the Egyptian soldiers where thrown into the Red Sea by G-d himself for "shark food". Yep, it all came back on them.

We can divide Moshe's life into three parts, first 40 years, palace life, royal family, general of the Egyptian army, prince of Egypt (Sar Mitzraim) second 40 years, desert life, shepherd of sheep, quite a demotion, but it is all in G-d's hands, in HIS perfect plan, he is in training for a nobler mission, third 40 years, leader of Israel, a humble prophet, the writer of the first 5 books of the Torah.

Moshe is put in a basket and Miriam, his sister places him near the palace steps which lead down into the Nile, the princess probably goes swimming every day, and she sees the baby in the basket, knows her father's edict, but ignores it, takes the baby and names him "Moshe" this name is both Egyptian and Hebrew, similar, the Egyptian "Mose" (mo-say) means "son of" of "taken from" so, (perhaps) the princess gives him more of an Egyptian name, it could have been "Hapimose" meaning "Taken from the Nile, honoring the god Hapi" there are other Egyptian names, "Thutmose" (son of the god "Tut") "Ramose" or Rameses, (son of the god RA) or maybe "Hapimose" (son of the river god Hapi)

Once Moshe gets out of there, he is just known as "Moshe" or in English "Moses" After 40 years laboring as a shepherd, God meets him at the "burning bush" and introduces himself to him as , in English I AM THAT I AM.

In the Hebrew, 3:14, EHYEH ASHER EHYEH, this comes from the Hebrew word "VAHAYAH" which means "state of being or existence. We get "the past" (hayah) the present (hohah) and the future (yiyah) from these words, we get the tetragramaton YHVH

Which is English has been translated into YeHoVaH, we see variations of the name like

"Yah" (MatitYAHo) Matthew EliYAHo (Elijah)

This is the beginning of Moshe's "new life" as the one who YHVH choses to bring Israel out of Egypt with the "strong hand" of YAH (which means in the ancient Hebrew "behold the hand)

4:20 "And Moses took his wife and sons and set them upon an *** and he returned to the land of Egypt; and Moses took the rod of God in his hand"

In this verse, we might see a similarity, an illustration, a reminder of when Messiah Yeshua "went down into Egypt" also, on an ***, with Yosef and Miriam leading the way, in this case, Moses leads the way back to Egypt, to be a "Messiah type" that leads the people "out" of Egypt. and Yeshua, leads us "out" of sin, through his death. Moshe has the "staff" of leadership, when Yeshua went down into Egypt, as a young child, "Yosef" had the staff and lead the way, just as "Yosef Ben Jacob" lead the way for his father and brethren to go "down into Egypt" to saved from starvation, That Yosef was also a "Messiah type" who saved the then known world from physical starvation, while "Yeshua Ben David, Ben Adonai" saved the world from Spiritual perdition.
    ____________________________________________ ________________________________

ISAIAH 27:6-28:13

a look into the future of Israel, into the Millenium kingdom, Yeshua will gather all of Israel from all corners of the earth and will bring them back to the land, there will be peace, at last, what a time to be living, we can be part of this, if we have trusted Yeshua as Messiah and LORD, we will be a real part and will play important roles in the Millenium Kingdom

For the time being, many descendants of Abraham are being called, some still reject Yeshua as Messiah, others accept, even though his name is throughout the Torah, plain words "Yeshuah" and even encoded in the Hebrew script. He is there. for all the open minded.
    ____________________________________________ ________________________________

ACTS 7:17-29

This is a retelling of the story of Moshe by Stephen, the first martyr, This angered the religious leaders, because Stephen dared tell them that they were going against God's Holy Spirit, We can note that when he was stoned, Yeshua "Stood" to receive him, what an honor that was.

Shabbat Shalom.............Rabbi Ben Avraham

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Saying or writing the tetragramatton is explicitly and extremely forbidden in Judaism. Why do you insist on taking the name of Judaism's god in vain and desecrating Judaism's god's name? Why can't you just respect Jewish people and their religion, Judaism? It is a sin to even think the tetragrammaton in one's own head.

You're really pissing me off Jacob and it pisses me off even more that this site is allowing you to continue to spread your anti-semitic propaganda here. You should go to Stormfront if you want to desecate Judaism if you want to spread your anti-semitic propaganda.

LITERALLY ALL JEWS REJECT EVERYTHING ABOUT JESUS!!! What do you not understand about this? By definition, if you think that Jesus is or was a god or a messiah, then you are NOT a Jew. Jews will always reject the false messiah of christianity, forever and ever. The Jewish people have survived through countless subjugations by christians throughout history and by no means will give up their religion lightly. (Expulsion of the Jews from europe in 1492, the inquisition, blood libel, the holocaust, among many other examples of christians persecuting Jewish people.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jews https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ...d_antisemitism http://www.ushmm.org

I am tired of evangelical protestants trying to convert everyone to their religion. It is extremely annoying. Why can't you just leave Jewish people alone and respect their religion? What is so hard about being tolerant of Judaism?

I am done with you Jacob. You clearly have no respect for Judaism or the Jewish people and only wish to force everyone to worship your false messiah, jesus.
    Last edited by HCabret; 01-06-2016 at 12:29 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Here are some resources for learning about what Jews actually believe and why they reject christianity's "messiah". I encourage you to learn about Judaism before saying anything positive about Jacob's theology.

http://www.jewfaq.org/m/tocideas.htm
    http://www.religionfacts.com/judaism
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/judaism/
    https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...e/judaism.html
    http://www.patheos.com/Library/Judaism
    http://jewsforjudaism.org

This site discusses the differences between Judaism and christianity and explains why Jewish people reject jesus.
    http://www.simpletoremember.com/arti.../jewsandjesus/
    Last edited by HCabret; 01-03-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Eiseabhal
    You are quite the bigot Monsieur Cabaret. Your God must be really feeble if he needs that kind of defence. Come round to sun worship like me - it is far more relaxing.

Registered User JacobBenAvraham's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sun worship? how about SON worship? well, I kinda do both, it summer it is relaxing to go to the beach, look at the Sea gulls, lie in the sun and look up at the sky, get into the water with a body board, try to catch the big waves, the waves are great in the Jaffa-Tel Aviv area, even bigger in El Salvador, you have to catch the waves just before they break, I imagine the ocean in Scotland is kinda cold, (I am just guessing)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Who am I bigoted against? Were the Jews that were being mass murdered by christians during the holocaust bigots too?

Are people not allowed to say positive things about Judaism or Jewish people anymore? Am I going to get banned from this forum for saying positive things about Judaism?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I worship many gods. Which god are you refering to?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why won't you respond to my posts Jacob?

Why does this forum allow Jacob to spread his anti-semitic propaganda?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiseabhal View Post
    Cabaret.
    My name is CABRET. At least get my name correct if you are going to attack my positions and accuse me of bigotry.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobBenAvraham View Post
    Sun worship? how about SON worship? well, I kinda do both, it summer it is relaxing to go to the beach, look at the Sea gulls, lie in the sun and look up at the sky, get into the water with a body board, try to catch the big waves, the waves are great in the Jaffa-Tel Aviv area, even bigger in El Salvador, you have to catch the waves just before they break, I imagine the ocean in Scotland is kinda cold, (I am just guessing)
    Jewish people only worship a single indivisible god. They do NOT worship anyone's son. All Jews, everywhere, unequivocally reject christianity.

somebody call a whaaambulance

you are not the mouthpiece for jews

the judaism you practice is even more false than christianity

''It is a sin to even think the tetragrammaton in one's own head.''

can you read the following?
    Deu 4:2 לא תספו על־הדבר אשׁר אנכי מצוה אתכם ולא תגרעו ממנו לשׁמר את־מצות יהוה אלהיכם אשׁר אנכי מצוה אתכם׃

let us count the many text your tradition stands in defiance to

1 - Mal 3:16 Then shall those who fear יהוה speak to one another, and יהוה listen and hear, and a book of remembrance be written before Him, of those who fear יהוה, and those who think upon His Name.

2 -1Ki 18:24 “And you shall call on the name of your mighty one, and I, I call on the Name of יהוה.

3 - Joe 2:26 “Then you shall eat – eat and be satisfied – and shall praise the Name of יהוה your Elohim

4 - Mal 2:2 “If you do not hear, and if you do not take it to heart, to give esteem to My Name,” said יהוה of hosts, “I shall send a curse upon you, and I shall curse your blessings. And indeed, I have cursed them, because you do not take it to heart.

5 - Exo 9:16 “And for this reason I have raised you up, in order to show you My power, and in order to declare My Name in all the earth.

6 - Psa_91:14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

7 - Isa_52:6 Therefore my people shall know my name

8 - Zec 13:9 “And I shall bring the third into fire, and refine them as silver is refined, and try them as gold is tried. They shall call on My Name1, and I shall answer them. I shall say, ‘This is My people,’ while they say, ‘יהוה is my Elohim.’ ”

9 - Rth 4:14 And the women said to Naʽomi, “Blessed be יהוה, who has not left you this day without a redeemer. And let his Name be proclaimed in Yisra’ĕl!

10 - 1Ch 16:8 Give thanks to יהוה, call upon His Name, Make known His deeds among the peoples!

11 - Psa 34:3 Oh, make יהוה great with me, And let us exalt His Name together.

12 - Psa 69:36 And the seed of His servants inherit it, And those who love His Name dwell in it

13 - Psa 100:4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His Name.

14 - Psa 105:1 Give thanks to יהוה! Call upon His Name,

15 - Psa 135:3 Praise Yah, for יהוה is good; Sing praises to His Name, for it is pleasant.

16 - Isa 12:4 And in that day you shall say, “Praise יהוה, call upon His Name; make known His deeds among the peoples, make mention that His Name is exalted.

17 - Pro 30:4 Who has gone up to the heavens and come down? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who established all the ends of the earth? What is His Name, And what is His Son’s Name, If you know it? (if your rabbis haven't caused you to be ashamed of it)

what do the traditions of talmud do?

Jer_23:27 Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.

rabbis blotting out his name is only a curse bestowed upon Judah

Jer 44:26 לכן שׁמעו דבר־יהוה כל־יהודה הישׁבים בארץ מצרים הנני נשׁבעתי בשׁמי הגדול אמר יהוה אם־יהיה עוד שׁמי נקרא בפי כל־אישׁ יהודה אמר חי־אדני יהוה בכל־ארץ מצרים׃

the clincher:

Isa 12:2 הנה אל ישׁועתי אבטח ולא אפחד כי־עזי וזמרת יה יהוה ויהי־לי לישׁועה׃

rejecting Yahushua is rejecting Ha'Shem