Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help needed pls

help needed pls

Hi everyone
    could someone that is good in literature help me with this question.

1.Which are the main literary features of Modern American Literature and who are some of the most prominent writers of Modern American Literature?

thank you in advance

Sorry, we don't do others' homework for them.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Someone good in literature? Dimitri Nekhlyudov.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanche View Post
    Hi everyone
    could someone that is good in literature help me with this question.

1.Which are the main literary features of Modern American Literature and who are some of the most prominent writers of Modern American Literature?

thank you in advance
    Sorry Lanche but unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to help you.

However, I wish others would. If the people sharing this forum love literature then why would there be an objection to sharing knowledge and inspiring someone else.
    I don't see this as doing homework for someone.

Good luck with your work and I hope you receive some generous responses from forum members.

Ji

There's sharing knowledge and there's answering an obvious textbook question for someone else to cut and paste. Help to those who help themselves is encouraged here. Enabling to those who can't be bothered is discouraged.

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lots of people ask for 'help' here on the forum in various ways for various topics.

If you don't want to help, don't.

If you don't have anything to add to the topic, sometimes it's best to just leave it alone so that we don't scare away new members.

If you do want to help someone, please go ahead and enjoy and have fun and maybe you will even make a new friend
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

I did not mean to suggest that this forum should be used as a source for ready made, concise answers to assignment papers. But Lanche has only asked for 'help' and this should be a great place for direction, encouragement and inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ji View Post
    I did not mean to suggest that this forum should be used as a source for ready made, concise answers to assignment papers. But Lanche has only asked for 'help' and this should be a great place for direction, encouragement and inspiration.
    Absolutely. My instinctive reaction when I see a one-time post with a homework question and nothing else is to assume the former rather than the latter. I will, however, accept Logos' gentle chastening and apologize to Lanche for my unhelpful comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    Absolutely. My instinctive reaction when I see a one-time post with a homework question and nothing else is to assume the former rather than the latter. I will, however, accept Logos' gentle chastening and apologize to Lanche for my unhelpful comment.
    Gandhi would approve.

Regards,
    Ji

You can Google prominent American writers. And the same search will also reveal some of the features.

lanche, can you define "modern" for the purpose of the question please?

I assumed he meant contemporary. I'm not the person to ask. I'm neither American nor broad-minded. I detest quite a few of the names Lanche would find if he did a google or two. But I know what I like. So here is one: TC Boyle. Traditional writer who likes plot - lots of it. A teeming Dickensian creativity in characterisation. None of Dickens' caricature though. Social satirist. Likes to use real historical figures in his fiction. Something touchingly romantic in many of his books. Very humorous. There is no bleak edge. (Well nothing that isn't countered by optimism) A writer I'd set against him might be Updike. The difference between them as I read them is that Updike is almost always writing about himself but Boyle is more creative. Boyle is not conservative like Updike.

when I hear the part of the question though that says "Which are the main literary features of Modern American Literature", given that so many people can get published today, that its almost impossible to determine common literary features, compared to earlier time periods (but still considered "modern'), when authors [seemingly?] had more similarities between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    Yes, very often someone will join a forum and ask something like this, then, no matter what the quality and quantity of the replies, will not even come back to read them. He has already gone off somewhere else with his problem. I would be not be surprised if this poster does not return to--so to speak-- check his line here.

Eiseabhal
    Boyle is not politically conservative Ennison but might you not say he is artistically conservative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast