Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where Do I Go to Talk about My Writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    Since you're talking about an informal social matter rather than a formal business matter, and completely hypothetical possibilities to boot, I think you're just going to have to weigh the trade-off for yourself. Potential quality of advice offered by friends and resulting benefit to you vs. potential theft of ideas and resulting harm to you. Which is more likely?
    I pretty much already figured that... That's not really what my question pertained to. It was a way to overcome this problem.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OneOnOne1162 View Post
    Well, I don't live in the United States... but aside from that, why would my ideas be any more protected by any of those options?
    Your ideas will not be safer with any of those things I listed. Those were merely suggestions in helping you get feedback on your works.

Quote Originally Posted by New Secret View Post
    Your ideas will not be safer with any of those things I listed. Those were merely suggestions in helping you get feedback on your works.
    Well, I mean that was kind of my question... I already have people I can go to for feedback, that wasn't the problem.

Seems like you're trying to overtime the problem of a coin having mutually exclusive heads or tails options. The only way to get feedback is to show your work to people. The only way to prevent plagiarism is to never show your work to anyone. I very much doubt your friends are going to be willing to read and sign an NDA for the privilege of doing you a favor; they will more likely be insulted by the request.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    Seems like you're trying to overtime the problem of a coin having mutually exclusive heads or tails options. The only way to get feedback is to show your work to people. The only way to prevent plagiarism is to never show your work to anyone. I very much doubt your friends are going to be willing to read and sign an NDA for the privilege of doing you a favor; they will more likely be insulted by the request.
    I vehemently disagree that it's an issue that's strictly got two options. Also, you don't know my friends very well. I've talked to at least one of them about this since I posted this and he said he would be more than willing to sign a contract like that, protecting both of us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123