Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Best wishes to our Parisians

Best wishes to our Parisians

...and those with friends and loved ones there. I hope all of you and yours are safe. I know cacian is French, though she shows London as home.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Blog Entries
    DieterM too.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Am well and alive, albeit very shocked. And your wishes are extremely precious to me!
    "Im Arm der Liebe schliefen wir selig ein…" ("Liebesode" - Otto Erich Hartleben)
    New poetry collection available (Kindle and paperback)

Blog Entries
    I've become a francophile in the last few months, reading many French books - Maupassant, especially ZOLA, and Stendhal, as well as listening to many lectures about French history. I really hope the pestilence of hatred and radicalism is eradicated in the wake of these horrible, terrifying, pointlessly-atrocious attacks. It makes no sense at all I and sincerely wish France a speedy and total recovery.

I don't know know what else to say other than that I hope the forces of violence are put down like a rabid animal. No nation deserves what France has been inflicted with this night. May the perpetrators be annihilated, without hesitation or mercy.
    “To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it.”

- Kurt Vonnegut

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That such actions should take place at all is unthinkable. That they are undertaken in the name of Islam is a slap in the face to all the peaceful Islamic people world wide. This isn't Islam's fault, this is the fault of misguided people who equate might with right. I dread to see the fallout of these tragedies. ISIS seemed determined to start WWIII...

My prayers and thoughts go out to the people of Paris, and the whole Nation of France. As they mourn their loss and try to deal with the mind numbing horror of it all, may they find comfort and peace that passes understanding.

God Bless

Pen
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Blog Entries
    ISIS doesn't seem to realize the damage it does to the reputation of Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    ISIS doesn't seem to realize the damage it does to the reputation of Islam.
    Extremists never do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    This isn't Islam's fault,
    Sure it is. You can draw a direct doctrinal line from the Quran to Isis.

ISIS are probably doing damage to Islam's reputation on purpose, by the way, since it's likely that ISIS was started by the CIA/Mossad to maintain public support for a perpetual war against the Islamic world. I mean it's pretty convenient that these terrorist bombers are always found with their passports right? And it's probably not coincidental that this all broke out in Syria after Assad gave support to Putin in the face of U.S passive aggression toward Russia. We're on the wrong side, most likely, but it's hard to tell.
    Last edited by Clopin; 11-14-2015 at 10:25 PM.
    So with the courage of a clown, or a cur, or a kite jerkin tight at it's tether

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clopin View Post
    ISIS are probably doing damage to Islam's reputation on purpose, by the way, since it's likely that ISIS was started by the CIA/Mossad to maintain public support for a perpetual war against the Islamic world. I mean it's pretty convenient that these terrorist bombers are always found with their passports right? And it's probably not coincidental that this all broke out in Syria after Assad gave support to Putin in the face of U.S passive aggression toward Russia. We're on the wrong side, most likely, but it's hard to tell.
    That thought has crossed my mind as well, but I don't know much about the situation.

Most of the victims of Daesh are Muslims. Islam is not a single bloc. It has many branches.

Quote Originally Posted by Clopin View Post
    Sure it is. You can draw a direct doctrinal line from the Quran to Isis.

This guy is a born again christian who literally gives chapter and verse to destroy any idea that the Islamic religion is not responsible
    for the massacres. His last dig at the duplicitous Cameron is beautiful to behold.

https://youtu.be/CZl1ZeNcumM
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Blog Entries
    I think the Islamic religion is responsible for the recent violence to the same extent that the Christian religion is responsible for antisemitism and to the same extent that atheism is responsible for Naziism, Maoism or the Khmer Rouge.

What I wonder is, Is there a way to be a Muslim or a Christian or an atheist without being associated with their peculiar brands of violence? The reason I want to say, "Yes", is for the sake of civil liberties. I have no interest in becoming a member of any of those groups. That concern for civil liberties puts me on Cameron's side.

David Wood's response to Muslims could be used against his own religion's antisemitism if we decide to look only at a literal interpretation of texts.