Thread: Gen 12, "the faith of abraham"

Registered User JacobBenAvraham's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gen 12, "the faith of abraham"

]PARASHA "Lech-Lecha" (go out yourself) GEN 12, "The Faith of Abraham"

GENESIS 12:1 - 17..........ISAIAH 40:27-41:16.............ROMANS 4:1-25

There is a lot of teaching on the subject of Abraham, but I would like to concentrate on a few details. "His Calling" Adonai looked upon Abraham as an "open minded person" He was "searching" for the "One true God" being raised in Mesopotamia, in the city of "Ur" which means just "big city" we have similarities in the Chaldean and Hebrew languages, "Ur" is city in Chaldean, and "Ir" is city in Hebrew, ("Ir" is to verb "to go" in Spanish) seems like all languages have their roots in Hebrew.

Abram was raised surrounded by pagan gods, but I don't think he worshipped them, It is believed by some that he listened to "Shem" one of the sons of Noach, who told him about the one, true God, who created the world, But Abraham was given the order to "leave his home and parents to go to a distant land" HE would be the "father of the faith" the faith in YHVH the One God "Echad" creator of all things. but this "following Him" would not be without trials and testings. Do we not testings and trials ourselves? does not our faith get tested in different ways?

He is asked to "obey" ; 1. Get out of your country (Mesopotamia) 2. Leave your family and your father's house 3. Go to a land that I will show you. where? YHVH does not give details, He only wants "trusting and obedience" He wants Abram to give up EVERYTHING! house, immediate family, just taking his wife Sarah, (He should have left Lot behind) So, he should have began his trip with only his wife and servants, and all the while , trusting God for all the details, I guess we can say that because we aren't in Abraham's sandals, but, "easier said than done" "3" requests "3" the number of "Elohim"

Then come the blessings, which follow obedience; 1. I will make you a great nation 2. I will bless you 3. . I will make your name great "HaShem Gadol" 4. You shall be a blessing 5. I will bless those who bless you 6. I will curse those who curse you, 7. In you all the families of the earth will be blessed. "7" blessings "7" is the perfect number.

These blessings have come to pass, , all the families of the earth have been blessed through YESHUA who is the "seed of Abraham" the name of "Abraham" is indeed "great" because it symbolizes our faith, the faith of "ONE GOD" (Echad) yet at the same time, three entities, (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)

His name was "Abram" "father" (Av) of peoples (am) but was later changed to "Avraham" the letter "H" was added, in Hebrew, it symbolizes "Behold" and it also can mean "breathing" because of the sound it makes, YHVH "breathing" into the loins of Abraham the "seed of life" and from many "peoples" to many "nations" and it has come true, from the Hebrew people, came the 12 tribes of Israel, and many of those tribes were scattered into the nations, and became part of the nations of the world, yet still maintaining their identity, from hence we have the major Jewish groups, "Sefardim" (Spanish and middle east) "Ashkenazim" (Germany and East Europe) "Falashim" (African ) and yet still we have many others,

The Hebrew people are compared to the "dust of the earth" and to the "Stars of Heaven" One can wonder "why" these objects are mentioned, we could say, "you can not count the dust of the earth nor the stars of heaven" true, but there is a deeper answer, "dust" is considered worthless and people step and walk through the dust, putting the dust "under foot" which is how the Jewish people have been treated for centuries, YET, leave an object out in the dust for a long time, and the "dust" will consume it! the "dust" will continue to survive, as the Jewish people have continued to survive, inspite of being "stepped on" the "Stars in Heaven" SHINE, the Jewish people will be a "light to the nations" taking with them and teaching of Torah and of "One God" Yeshua also said "Ye are the light of the world" We as Messianic believers carry this LIGHT with us, to share YESHUA to all who will listen so that many will be "born again" as John 3:3 says.

Abraham made his home at "Beth-El" which means "House of God" there he set up an altar and "called upon the name of the LORD (YHVH) Where ever we "call upon YHVH" and worship the LORD, praise and glorify His name, is our "Beth El"
    ____________________________________________ ______________________________________
    ISAIAH 40: 27-41

the prophet echoes the cries of the people, they think that God has abandoned them, yet the LORD says, "The creator of the earth neither faints nor is weary" and "those that WAIT on the LORD shall renew their strength, they shall mount with wings like eagles, they shall run but not be weary, they shall walk and not be faint"

We understand this to be spiritual strength, but the word is "wait" YHVH has His perfect timing, there is time for everything. Israel was punished for disobedience, like a good father who chastises his children, he will never forsake them, Israel may think that all is lost, yet, in time, and now is the time, the people are returning to the land, and many are coming to the Messiah,

"fear not for I am with you" says YHVH, if we have a God, who is with us, who can be against us? even when times are tough , and the enemy is around us, the enemy will not prevail, YHVH has proven this time in and time out, ONLY when we walk contrary to HIS word, will the LORD withdraw his hand of protection, He will allow things to happen, but this is to get our attention, and to bring us back to HIM,
    ____________________________________________ ______________________________________
    ROMANS 4:1-25

Rav Shaul talks about the faith of Abraham, He was justified by FAITH and not by works
    When we look at this deeply, we can interpret the word "works" to mean "following the commandments of YHVH. Some believe that one can achieve acceptance before God and be reckoned "righteous" according to what one can do in accordance to the commandments of a Holy God, but that is NOT the case, and never has been the case. Ever since the fall of man, mankind has been reckoned "righteous" by faith, faith in Yeshua that he paid the sin price in full. In the Old Testament times, the animal sacrifices pointed to and illustrated what Yeshua did on Calvary, the people offered up the sacrifices by FAITH, not that the sacrifices saved them, but that they pointed to Messiah,

So, as Abraham's faith saved him, so were ALL saved by faith, and today, people ARE saved by the same faith, The Torah shows us our faults, where we have gone wrong, and points us to be reconciled through Yeshua, following the mitzvoth of the Torah is a good thing, since it shows our love toward God, and towards our fellow man, but righteousness comes ONLY through faith in Yeshua

rabbi Ben Avraham......................Shabbat Shalom

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I really just do not understand anything about you or your posts. You claim to be a Jew, but you violate numerous ascpects of Jewish law and you use Christian texts. Am I missing something? Are you just trying to proselytize your religion on the internet for free, or do you have a legitamate interest in discussing religious literature?

Registered User JacobBenAvraham's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To answer your question, I am Messianic-Jewish, that is I believe as most of the first century people who met Yeshua, They followed him in all ways, To be really Jewish is to follow/accept Jesus(Yeshua) as Messiah and LORD, since his birth, life, and death was prophesied by all of the Old Testament prophets. The Old Testament points to the New, and the New refers back to the old, The whole Jewish Bible is what we have today, inspite of contrary belief, 66 books, all inspired by God through HIS prophets.

as far as discussing "religious" literature, I claim the statement "Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press" stated in the "Bill of Rights" (US Constitution)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobBenAvraham View Post
    To answer your question, I am Messianic-Jewish, that is I believe as most of the first century people who met Yeshua, They followed him in all ways, To be really Jewish is to follow/accept Jesus(Yeshua) as Messiah and LORD, since his birth, life, and death was prophesied by all of the Old Testament prophets. The Old Testament points to the New, and the New refers back to the old, The whole Jewish Bible is what we have today, inspite of contrary belief, 66 books, all inspired by God through HIS prophets.

as far as discussing "religious" literature, I claim the statement "Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press" stated in the "Bill of Rights" (US Constitution)
    If you think that Jesus was a messiah, then you are by defintion not Jewish in any way, shape or form. The Supreme Court of Israel has explicitly ruled that those who worship Jesus are not Jewish. It is extremely offensive when Christians (Messianics are Christian, not Jewish) appropriate Jewish culture while completely rejecting the basic precepts of Judaism. All Jews believe that Jesus was just one of many false messiahs.

The bible which you speak up which has 66 books is the text used by english speaking evangelical christians and mainline protestants. All Jews reject eveything about the Christian new testament and reject everything about christianity.

The Jewish Bible, or Tanakh, only has 24 books, none of which mention Jesus or christianity a single time.

You aren't discussing literature. You rarely respond to other people's posts in threads that are not your own. I think you are here just to proselytize your religion. You are dogmatic and confrontational. This is a private website that very much has the right to kick you off for spamming everyone and actively trying to sell your product to other posters. The US Constitution does not protect you from the owners of this website in regards to your speech.

It is okay to discuss literature on this site, obviously, but you seem to actively be resisting any ones interpretation which do not align with your views. Neither your religion, nor your god has any power whatsoever over what I choose to believe and how scholars choose to classify religions. Messianics are not Jewish, whether you like it or not.

Again, and I have to empahsize this point, it is extremely offensive when christians appropriate Jewish culture, while completely rejecting large portions of Jewish doctrine. In the last 100 years, Jews have been tortured, raped and killed by christians (See Holocaust) and now it seems that christians want to destroy Judaism and jewish culture by converting jews to christianity and forcing them to worship a false messiah and the idols of christianity.
    Last edited by HCabret; 10-31-2015 at 02:20 AM.

HCabret, look at Jacob's posts and yours again. He is posting his philosophies and stories for discussion, that's all. The "confrontational" is all you. You accuse him of several behaviors that are actually yours alone.

And while Christians have historically committed their share of atrocities, along with many, many other religious and political groups, the Holocaust had nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity, and Jews were not nearly the only victims.

Try simply conversing, or if you can't, just let the man alone.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    HCabret, look at Jacob's posts and yours again. He is posting his philosophies and stories for discussion, that's all. The "confrontational" is all you. You accuse him of several behaviors that are actually yours alone.

And while Christians have historically committed their share of atrocities, along with many, many other religious and political groups, the Holocaust had nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity, and Jews were not nearly the only victims.

Try simply conversing, or if you can't, just let the man alone.
    He is posting extremely insensitive posts which are highly critical of Judaism and Jews. If anti-semitism is going to be tolerated on this site, then there is no reason for another Jewish person to ever visit this site ever again. Jacob is posting anti-semetic propaganda with the purpose of convert Jews to christianity and forcing them accept the false messiah of christianity. Messianism is anti-semetic, plain and simple. http://moshiach-truth.blogspot.com/2...i-semitic.html I don't think anti-semetism should be tolerated here anymore than racism, homophobia, misogyny, or any other kind of bigotry.

It is extremely offensive for Jewish people to have to witness Adonai's name being taken in vain over and over again. Using the tetragrammaton is highly forbidden in Judaism. Jacob, could you please, at the very least, abstain from using the tetragrammaton? It is extremely offensive for you to continually subject Jews to your blasphemy and disrespect.

You have appropriated Jewish culture to proselytize evangelical christianity and you are using this site as a free means to do so. Why can't christians, like yourself, just leave jews alone and not keep trying to force them to worship a false messiah?

"He who pronounces the Name with its own letters has no part in the world to come!"
    Last edited by HCabret; 10-31-2015 at 01:41 PM.

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobBenAvraham View Post
    .... as far as discussing "religious" literature, I claim the statement "Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press" stated in the "Bill of Rights" (US Constitution)
    The Literature Network is actually a privately owned online Benevolent Dictatorship with it's own Constitution, ie: Forum Rules
    There is no "Freedom of Speech / Press" here
    It is solely up to the Moderators and Administrators to apply the Forum Rules and decide what is appropriate or not.
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚