Let me preface this by saying I've been a large fan of superheroes most of my life. Some of my favorite cartoons as a kid were X-Men Evolution, Teen Titans, Batman Beyond, and Dragonball Z. Then, a few years ago, I began collecting comics along with my brother. It's been great and I haven't really looked back. The funny thing is I realized I preferred superhero comics from companies other than Marvel or DC. I really enjoyed stuff like Tech Jacket and Invincible. Anyway, so this has all led to me wanting to tell my own "superhero" type of story. I just wanted opinions on this idea I've been developing for awhile.

Prior to the beginning of the story, the main character had a stillbirth and that led to her boyfriend leaving her as he blamed her for the loss. She has had powers her entire life but she never used them (except for menial things) due to wanting to live a normal life. I want to say superheroes aren't exactly common, but they're not unheard of in many of the larger cities. That's why she lives in Montbeau, Wisconsin believing that nothing bad ever happens in a small town. She was wrong. And not even a week after the events prior to the story transpired, a group called the Nitro Club has unleashed a monster in Montbeau. Of course there's no superheroes in Montbeau so she decides to tackle the monster. She manages to defeat it through dumb luck but realizes that being a superhero in real life is nothing like it is in comics. And her mettle as a superhero is tested when the ex-boyfriend who left her ends up in danger as a result of the attack, and she has to decide whether or not to save him. That's where the first short story would end.

The second short story would pick up with her media portrayal and an unwanted nickname she gets stuck with. This would also continue her conflict with the Nitro Club but she also ends up getting an unexpected ally. The idea for this one is more undeveloped as I haven't thought about it as much as the initial short story.

Really some themes I want to explore with the story are issues of appearance, struggling to come to terms with loss, and forging a new path.

Now really this is meant for a short story but I have a lot of ideas on how to extend it since this is an idea I've been sitting on for weeks. I thought maybe I could turn this idea into a series of short stories. While it is a "superhero" type of story I want to focus more on human struggles with a bit of fantasy mixed in. I just wanted to see what y'all would think of such a story. Thanks in advance for reading my ramblings, and have a nice day!