Thread: No Subject

Rob E.

thanks Kori

hey kori thanks for your input. being an 11th grader myself, i greatly appreciate your views on the matter. <br> <br>Rob E.<br>

Unregistered

No Subject

I am in the 12th grade and found this book very hard to follow, but I read it two times plus the spark notes...maybe you should read it more than once and you'll see that it is interesting.

Holly

hey!

I'm in 9th grade and am reading this as a seminar novel/discussion assignment. Three of my friends and I chose it. I didn't find it hard to follow, and no offense, but i find it terrible that you so readily said it was boring. I do not understand how you could say everything was the same either. The character development was obviously extreme and none of the battles were in any way similar. Try to read it again and see if you like it better. If all else fails read the Wishbone version *winks*<br>-Holly

ashley

i agree

i'm also in the 11th grade....and the book is very very boring....its kinda like i'm reading shakespeare.....i dont understand anything thats going on in the story....it just goes on and on about nothing......i dont think we should be forced to read a book as boring as this one....

Unregistered

No Subject

I'm in the 11th grade also. I, too, found this book very hard to stay along with.

James

No Subject

I'm in the 8th grade and I thought the book was awesome, although I didn't get into it until right before the first battle.

Alyssa

No Subject

I'm sorry, but if you think that everything in this book was "the same" then you clearly do not know how to analyze literature to the extent that an eleventh grader should. Stephen Crane wrote The Red Badge of Courage from the epic standpoint, yet he maintains the protagonist as a human being. He carefully intertwines moral dilemmas with selfish aspects of human nature, which is part of the reason why the novel is so great. His vivid descriptions add so much to the novel, and if you carefully read the novel (or read it to begin with) you would not have made such an ignorant comment.

kori

No Subject

i'm in the 11th grade and i thought this book was very boring. everything was the same and it was hard to follow along with.