Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where do you get yours?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonywalt View Post
    I would imagine that Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Dubai, and Kuwait don't need these immigrants to 'bolster' their economies. And they NEVER bother with that rationale(which is exclusive to the WEST and the progressive West LOVES).

Hell, try getting into Japan. And it still is, and lets face it, always will be a very rich vibrant country. Japan would not even consider this kind of immigration on it's wildest drunk session.
    The people in Japan actually like their culture as opposed to Westerners who have been taught through fierce propaganda campaigns to hate it.

For example, I came upon this image thirty seconds after posting my above comment!

"Immigration is nothing new"
    "We are all the result of immigration"
    "There is no such thing as Swedish culture"
    So with the courage of a clown, or a cur, or a kite jerkin tight at it's tether

Well, all three are true. The Swedish people all came there from somewhere else, and all culture there is a mixture of all these peoples' cultures, and the influence of French, German, Russian, Finnish, British, American, etc cultures. That doesn't mean - nor should one think that the presentation tries to claim this - that the Swedish culture or people is in any way worth less than any other culture, or that some other culture/people should replace it. Quoting out of context to superficially support one's argument doesn't really work.

Blog Entries
    Mhmm

Blog Entries
    Abba and Volvo
    ay up

You tube is occasionally worth watching for news items. The heading for this one is 'What the media don't show.'

https://youtu.be/3lTSFs1TajU
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Back in college I did a statistics project on news sources and where people got their news. I don't remember the outcome. I did take the survey to a Jimmy Buffett concert and noticed as the day went on my writing became less and less legible.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    You tube is occasionally worth watching for news items. The heading for this one is 'What the media don't show.'

https://youtu.be/3lTSFs1TajU
    Holy that's a lot of umbrellas for what appears to be no rain whatsoever.

Blog Entries
    http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/65...s-rape-germany

Thanks Merkel. I don't know what the Gatestone Institute is, but if even half of that is true then lol, enjoy your Rotherham Germany
    Last edited by Clopin; 10-13-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clopin View Post
    http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/65...s-rape-germany

Thanks Merkel. I don't know what the Gatestone Institute is, but if even half of that is true then lol, enjoy your Rotherham Germany
    The problem with such an article is that there is no way to check whether it is accurate or not. Even if the specific facts are accurate, there is no easy way to see if the perspective on those facts is correct.

The easiest thing to check is to try to find out something about the Gatestone Institute. I found this suggesting it may be anti-Muslim: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profi...tone_institute

How much time do I want to spend researching it further? Not much. From my personal experience, people who parade the victimization against women and children often have a motivation for doing so that has nothing to do with women or children but is more focused on generating communal hatred against some group they don't happen to like.

Blog Entries
    If you google any sort of combination of the words 'German', 'migrants' and 'rape' you get a bunch of articles suggesting much the same. As I implied though, I also don't know how much of it can be accepted as being fully accurate. Of course 'Islamophobia' is a complete joke. You don't need to be a bigot to take issue with religious fundamentalism or sharia law.

Quote Originally Posted by Clopin View Post
    Holy that's a lot of umbrellas for what appears to be no rain whatsoever.
    Actually it did start raining quite heavily by the end of the video which,interestingly, is three years old. It doesn't take much imagination to get some idea of what her reception would be now.
    A couple of days ago, one of the UK daily's had a picture of Merkel and Cameron walking in the grounds of Chequers, the prime ministerial country retreat, and my first thought was : What are those two ******** cooking up now?
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Blog Entries
    The last few posts illustrate the question I'm asking . Where is the truth ? You can find a Utube clip to reinforce any opinion you like; anti- muslim, pro- muslim anti- immigration, pro- immigration, anti or pro anything. You can find statistics to back up anything you like, just find the news that suits you. As Yesno says, how much time have we to spend researching further? - not much. It's what organisations depend on when they post this stuff.

This is why we need a reliable unbiased press - to do the research for us and to do it properly.

Meanwhile a story caught my eye this morning - Last night, in an attempt to enter the country a group of refugees/immigrants snuck aboard a lorry containing a live polar bear.

The Guardian would say - The refugees were unhurt.
    The Daily Mail - All immigrants are evil bear hating idiots.
    The Sun - The bear was unhurt.
    Private Eye - Britain today! Polar bears welcome, people can sod off.
    Last edited by prendrelemick; 10-14-2015 at 06:01 AM.
    ay up

It is most unlikely that there will ever be an unbiased press. People have opinions; some are based on what they have been told and others on what they see going on around them. Apart from personal observation, there is also the time-honoured occupation of 'reading between the lines' . Starting from the perspective that the media are not to be trusted, an ulterior motive should always be kept in mind.

Blog Entries
    True, all true. But was it always so?
    ay up

Quote Originally Posted by prendrelemick View Post
    True, all true. But was it always so?
    To a lesser extent it was, but that's because, apart from newspapers, there are so many more news outlets now via television and the internet. Many of the newspapers from the pre and post-war period have disappeared but the subsequent influx of non-printed news means that the distortions of yesteryear have become legion. Much of what is printed and disseminated via TV, radio and the internet is trivial beyond belief and that's something that also wasn't so prevalent previously.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast