Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

View Poll Results: Perfume/Cologne: Aye or Nay?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aye!

4 57.14%
  • Nay!

3 42.86%
  • Who cares?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfume/Cologne: Aye or Nay?

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar

Perfume/Cologne: Aye or Nay?

Discuss!

PS: The poll is anonymous.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like perfume and cologne, although, actually, I rarely wear it. I like tuberose and yang ylang; I like a citrusy scent. A favorite is Acqua did Gioia by Armani. I think I'll wear some today.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Neither.
    I prefer the subtle scent of some body washes... Dove almond cream with hibiscus is fine.
    To be honest, my favorite smell is pumpkin pie. A woman need do nothing more than smell like pumpkin pie, fresh from the oven.

I like cologne and perfume but rarely wear it. I buy it but always forget to put it on. On guys I like subtle cologne, aftershave even.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Dang, Scher, you're going all cacian on us with this thread.

I ain't choicey in this matter, whatever floats your boat, so long as it's not a quarter's worth of cheap perfume.

I rarely wear cologne, but oddly enough, just last week I went to a wedding, something I usually avoid, and I wore a suit, something I hardly ever do, and I splashed on a woody-smelling concoction. Whoo-ee! I've gotta admit, I felt pretty dapper. Somebody just sent me pictures of the wedding though and I wish I would've found some sort of hair treatment to mash down all the cow licks.
    Uhhhh...

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Somebody just sent me pictures of the wedding though and I wish I would've found some sort of hair treatment to mash down all the cow licks.
    Hey, maybe my next thread can be about just that... Hair treatments!

PS: We also demand some evidence of aforementioned dapperness.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Well, there is photographic evidence and it proves that all dapperness was fully ensconced in my mind.

As for hair treatments - "I don't want Fop. I'm a Dapper-Dan man."
    Uhhhh...

Blog Entries
    Having no social life, (or hair) I don't usually bother, and anyway cow**** is 100% natural.

When old ladies walk past the farm, their perfume lingers for ages. What is that stuff?
    Last edited by prendrelemick; 11-24-2015 at 07:06 AM.
    ay up

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A quick blast of deoderant in the morning is all for me - usually whichever brand was on offer at the supermarket when I bought it.

I also agree with Prendrelemick - some of the stuff people wear is like nerve gas. It's choking for days after they've been by.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    I have allergies to both, but appreciate the subtle parfum of a lady.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I remember a time when any man caught wearing scent was considered to be a bit woofy.
    I don't mind women wearing it, providing it doesn't smell like that stuff that kills 99% of household germs.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Blog Entries
    I rarely wear any perfume, I own some sort of aqua spray but never remember to use it. My citrus deodorant is the only scented thing I use. I think people tend to use to much perfume as someone before me mentioned, you can smell it long after they are gone and that is just bad.
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Blog Entries
    I didn't use to use it much, only for dates and such, but living in the tropics if I don't use it regularly I won't make it through a day without smelling like a locker room. I'm not choosy about what I use though.
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My poor old dad, in a moment of bleary post-wake-up confusion this morning, by mistake went for my mum's hairspray can instead of his deoderant. I can report that, by way of scientific interest, that it's not an adequete substitute.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bah! Not much of fan of the stuff. Deodorant, sure. But a splash or spritz of scent never seemed that necessary. Personally I don't own the stuff. I experimented with cologne in college (who didn't really), but I found that the ladies always preferred the ultra-cheap "Aqua Velva" aftershave to any more expensive scent that I tried. Regarding the ladies, I don't mind perfume, but I think of it sort of like make up -- too much or a constant reliance on it and I start to wonder: what sort of ugly are they hiding. . . . :-)
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast