Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Snowflake Collector

Thank you so much, Danik!

The Snowflake Collector as ePub

Hello Again, Friends –

A little while ago I was able to tell you that we've published The Snowflake Collector as a hardback book with illustrations by Diego Cassia. And for those of you who prefer your reading on a tablet or smartphone, it's now also available as an ePub on the iBooks Store.

(Obviously, neither the hardback nor the ePub can be entirely free, but the story remains available here and also where it first originated, on my ongoing 'concept narrative', over at http://EDENbyFREI.net/the-snowflake-collector and you can also listen to it for free over on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/edenbyfrei/th...lake-collector)

Thank you again for all your interest and support: this seriously would not have happened without you!

Love & Peace
    FREI

The Planet Walk

Hello All

I hesitate a bit to link this here, because it's such a different proposition, but still: for those of you who liked The Snowflake Collector, I've started a new story strand on this forum, called, tentatively, The Planet Walk. With a bit of luck and perseverance, it may result in a complete 'Planet Suite', and that's not even such a bad metaphor (even taken in a context of music), because it's not really so much a story as an exploration. So chances are, in all honesty, that if you really liked The Snowflake Collector for all its traditional storytelling characteristics, you may yet loathe The Planet Walk. But what, I wonder, if not for some experimentation, is a forum like this for, so if you're up for something completely different, here it is:

http://www.online-literature.com/for...he-Planet-Walk

Thanks for reading & for all your comments and encouragement!

LOVE & PEACE
    FREI

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Hi, FREI(Sebastian)
    I enjoyed the language flow but I feel that Neptune could be much more neptunian. Itīs still a bit confusing this god/ planet/ human combination.Sometimes he seems to human to me
    The richness of introspective writing IMO, is that it explores the interior world, showing new aspects of it. The danger, that they sometimes negleget the external aspects a bit. In that case the characters tend to look similar, because, after all, it is the same voice that is behind them. That happens even to great authors like Clarice Lispector.
    This planet project looks interesting. It will be more if you differentiate your planet characters, endowing them with their own special qualities, be they astrological, astronomic or all of them together.
    Please donīt go away, the advice is intended to be constructive!
    "You can always find something better than death."
    Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, The Bremen Town Musicians

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Seems I posted this one one a wrong thread, it was meant for "The Planet Walk". Iīll leave it here because I donīt know how you took it. I am afraid I was too incisive.
    "You can always find something better than death."
    Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, The Bremen Town Musicians

Quote Originally Posted by Danik 2016 View Post
    Seems I posted this one one a wrong thread, it was meant for "The Planet Walk". Iīll leave it here because I donīt know how you took it. I am afraid I was too incisive.
    Not at all, thank you Danik. Your comments are insightful and considered and therefore helpful and welcome. It is a forum, after all, and I appreciate you taking the time to read and sharing your thoughts. And thank you also for your encouragement: it certainly helps too!

All the very best
    Sebastian

Social Networking...

Hello Friends

For those of you who social network (can I use this as a verb?) – The Snowflake Collector has had its own Facebook page for a few months, and we've just now over the weekend reached 1000 page follows. If you actually liked the story here and felt inclined to also 'like' our Facebook page, that would be really lovely because, as you know, these things always help and make a difference, if not in substance, perhaps, then certainly in perception:

https://www.facebook.com/TheSnowflakeCollector/

Many thanks!

Love & Peace Always
    FREI

The Beautifully Illustrated Hardback on Amazon at an Astonishing 62% Discount

Hello Friends

I feel a tad hesitant to post this because it's effectively a sales pitch, and I'm not sure if these are not frowned upon here. (I would tend to frown upon them somewhat, hence the hesitancy...)

But it is strictly relevant: as some of you will already know, The Snowflake Collector is now a picture story book for grownups, beautifully illustrated by Diego Cassia, and we 'soft launched' it towards the end of last year (more or less just missing Christmas...). It's now fully available from your local bookstore (we tend to recommend people order it there, to support their independent book dealer), as well, of course, as from Amazon.

And right at the moment, Amazon is selling the book at a massively discounted price: very nearly two thirds off. So for those of you who maybe thought you'd like a copy but weren't quite prepared to fork out thirty dollars, it's now just $11.28. We have absolutely no control over how Amazon sets its prices (we think it may have something to do with their Amazon Prime Day, which was yesterday), but at the moment the promotion seems to continue and you don't have to be a Prime member to get the discount.

So, if you liked The Snowflake Collector, and want to get hold of a copy to keep, now may well be the best time to do so, because I'm pretty certain this can't last!

(There aren't any reviews yet, and I'm not going to buy any or post fake ones, but of course you can continue to read the whole story – though without the illustrations, sadly – here on The Literature Network for free, and you can also check out the book and what it looks like here: https://edenbyfrei.net/the-snowflake-collector/ )

Thanks & Enjoy!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...3be5eade5a7de4

Screenshot 2017-07-11 16.27.12.png

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234