Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Snowflake Collector

Thank you so much, Danik!

The Snowflake Collector as ePub

Hello Again, Friends –

A little while ago I was able to tell you that we've published The Snowflake Collector as a hardback book with illustrations by Diego Cassia. And for those of you who prefer your reading on a tablet or smartphone, it's now also available as an ePub on the iBooks Store.

(Obviously, neither the hardback nor the ePub can be entirely free, but the story remains available here and also where it first originated, on my ongoing 'concept narrative', over at http://EDENbyFREI.net/the-snowflake-collector and you can also listen to it for free over on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/edenbyfrei/th...lake-collector)

Thank you again for all your interest and support: this seriously would not have happened without you!

Love & Peace
    FREI

The Planet Walk

Hello All

I hesitate a bit to link this here, because it's such a different proposition, but still: for those of you who liked The Snowflake Collector, I've started a new story strand on this forum, called, tentatively, The Planet Walk. With a bit of luck and perseverance, it may result in a complete 'Planet Suite', and that's not even such a bad metaphor (even taken in a context of music), because it's not really so much a story as an exploration. So chances are, in all honesty, that if you really liked The Snowflake Collector for all its traditional storytelling characteristics, you may yet loathe The Planet Walk. But what, I wonder, if not for some experimentation, is a forum like this for, so if you're up for something completely different, here it is:

http://www.online-literature.com/for...he-Planet-Walk

Thanks for reading & for all your comments and encouragement!

LOVE & PEACE
    FREI

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi, FREI(Sebastian)
    I enjoyed the language flow but I feel that Neptune could be much more neptunian. It´s still a bit confusing this god/ planet/ human combination.Sometimes he seems to human to me
    The richness of introspective writing IMO, is that it explores the interior world, showing new aspects of it. The danger, that they sometimes negleget the external aspects a bit. In that case the characters tend to look similar, because, after all, it is the same voice that is behind them. That happens even to great authors like Clarice Lispector.
    This planet project looks interesting. It will be more if you differentiate your planet characters, endowing them with their own special qualities, be they astrological, astronomic or all of them together.
    Please don´t go away, the advice is intended to be constructive!
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seems I posted this one one a wrong thread, it was meant for "The Planet Walk". I´ll leave it here because I don´t know how you took it. I am afraid I was too incisive.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Quote Originally Posted by Danik 2016 View Post
    Seems I posted this one one a wrong thread, it was meant for "The Planet Walk". I´ll leave it here because I don´t know how you took it. I am afraid I was too incisive.
    Not at all, thank you Danik. Your comments are insightful and considered and therefore helpful and welcome. It is a forum, after all, and I appreciate you taking the time to read and sharing your thoughts. And thank you also for your encouragement: it certainly helps too!

All the very best
    Sebastian

Social Networking...

Hello Friends

For those of you who social network (can I use this as a verb?) – The Snowflake Collector has had its own Facebook page for a few months, and we've just now over the weekend reached 1000 page follows. If you actually liked the story here and felt inclined to also 'like' our Facebook page, that would be really lovely because, as you know, these things always help and make a difference, if not in substance, perhaps, then certainly in perception:

https://www.facebook.com/TheSnowflakeCollector/

Many thanks!

Love & Peace Always
    FREI

The Beautifully Illustrated Hardback on Amazon at an Astonishing 62% Discount

Hello Friends

I feel a tad hesitant to post this because it's effectively a sales pitch, and I'm not sure if these are not frowned upon here. (I would tend to frown upon them somewhat, hence the hesitancy...)

But it is strictly relevant: as some of you will already know, The Snowflake Collector is now a picture story book for grownups, beautifully illustrated by Diego Cassia, and we 'soft launched' it towards the end of last year (more or less just missing Christmas...). It's now fully available from your local bookstore (we tend to recommend people order it there, to support their independent book dealer), as well, of course, as from Amazon.

And right at the moment, Amazon is selling the book at a massively discounted price: very nearly two thirds off. So for those of you who maybe thought you'd like a copy but weren't quite prepared to fork out thirty dollars, it's now just $11.28. We have absolutely no control over how Amazon sets its prices (we think it may have something to do with their Amazon Prime Day, which was yesterday), but at the moment the promotion seems to continue and you don't have to be a Prime member to get the discount.

So, if you liked The Snowflake Collector, and want to get hold of a copy to keep, now may well be the best time to do so, because I'm pretty certain this can't last!

(There aren't any reviews yet, and I'm not going to buy any or post fake ones, but of course you can continue to read the whole story – though without the illustrations, sadly – here on The Literature Network for free, and you can also check out the book and what it looks like here: https://edenbyfrei.net/the-snowflake-collector/ )

Thanks & Enjoy!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...3be5eade5a7de4

Screenshot 2017-07-11 16.27.12.png

The Snowflake Collector as a Seasonal Gift

Dear Friends –

Towards the end of last year, in equal measure surprised and encouraged by the many views and positive replies it had got on this particular forum, I published The Snowflake Collector as a hardback picture story book for grown ups, beautifully illustrated by a friend of mine, Diego Cassia. It was our first undertaking of this kind, and so we mistimed it just fractionally, bringing out the title a little late for the Festive Season.

So this is just to say that if you liked The Snowflake Collector and would like to give it to someone as a gift, you can now do so! The book is available from your local bookstore – you can order it almost anywhere in the world and it should take no more than few days to arrive, just quote the ISBN 978-1684181803 – and of course you can also order it on Amazon (who, as it happens, for the second time this year, seem to be selling it at a generous discount right now, though last time it only lasted a few days, so I can't guarantee this will still be the case when you see this).

And of course you can always read the whole story here or on EDEN by FREI, where it first originated from.

Wishing you a golden autumn and festive season of joy and light.

Love & Peace
    Sebastian

The Illustrated Hardback at 61% Discount

Hello Friends –

I'm always hesitant to post this kind of thing here, but it's been a while since I've said anything about The Snowflake Collector, so perhaps this is permissible: Amazon has once again discounted the cover price of the beautifully illustrated hardback 'picture story book for grown-ups' by nearly two thirds, to just over $10, and so I thought I'd let you know in case you want to grab yourself a bargain:

http://amzn.to/2HyNul6

Obviously, you can continue to read The Snowflake Collector here for free, or indeed at https://edenbyfrei.net/ whichever you prefer.

Thanks for your continued support and interest

Love & Peace
    FREI

The Snowflake Collector in Paperback

Hello Friends

I'm happy to report that The Snowflake Collector, which started life as part of EDEN by FREI has been published in the EDEN miniatures series and is now available as a handsome compact little paperback.

If you'd like to own a copy you can order it for about the price of a cocktail from Amazon here, or if you prefer alternative providers, then bookfinder.com will locate one for you here.

Thank you for your comments and your continued support; the fact alone that the story has ever made it to book format is in no small measure down simply to the response it got here in this forum!

Love & Peace
    FREI

Blog Entries
    Well a big congratulations to you, FREI!
    We're proud of ya!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

thank you kiz!

EDEN Miniatures Series Complete

Hello Friends

Those of you who enjoyed The Snowflake Collector may be interested to know that the EDEN miniatures series – which it is part of – is now complete.

Euphoria is the twelfth and last volume and it's out now.

EDEN miniatures are twelve handsome compact paperbacks that contain the entirety of EDEN by FREI – a concept narrative in the here & now about the where, the wherefore and forever.

Starting out from the classic question, 'what would you say or do if you were to bump into your younger self in a delightful garden cafe in Istanbul?' EDEN goes off on deliberately wide tangents, encompassing self-contained short stories, autobiographical fiction, fictitious biography, poetic prose and philosophical meanderings, before ultimately arriving at some sort of conclusion.

Intended to be tender, occasionally funny and at times maybe infuriating, EDEN by FREI is meant to paint a picture of what it is to be human today.

Thanks so much for your support while I was writing this over the last three and a half years: without your support and encouragement it would never have happened!

FREI

I love your prose style here - it's so reflective and inward-looking. I'm really looking forward to reading more...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast