Parsha "Re'eh" (see)

DEUT: 11:26 - 16:17 , ISAIAH 54:11 - 55:5 , I JOHN 4:1 -6

I would like to look at just a few things, Moshe continues to stress "blessings and curses" (B'rachah v'k'lala) they are all conditional, like they are today, nothing has changed, if we want YHVH's blessings, then we are to follow his Torah, his mitzvoth, and trust in Yeshua as Messiah, Of course, trusting in Messiah is the ONLY way to obtain righteousness, but we do want HaShem's blessings on our lives, so living in accordance to how the Torah leads us is essential,

There is one thing that I wish to bring into light and avoid confusion, that is in
Deut 12:15 "However, you may slaughter and eat meat within all your gates whatever your heart desires, according to the blessing of YHVH your God, which He has given you; the unclean and the clean may eat of it, of the gazelle and deer alike"

Perhaps some might believe that this is talking about foods, that we can eat both "clean and unclean foods" but this is not the case, it is talking about "people" being "clean and unclean" that is ceremonial clean and unclean. If a person has touched a dead thing, or has just buried grandma or grandpa, or has chicken pox, a skin rash, or some kind of disease, or a woman who is on her period, or has just come off her period, they are considered "unclean" and can not come to the Mishkan to offer sacrifices, HOWEVER they can "kill and eat" kosher animals at their own dwellings, Torah mentions "gazelle" and "deer" which are kosher animals that lived in the middle east in those days, they couldn't offer them as sacrifices though, as only bulls, cows, goats, rams, sheep, were accepted as sacrifices, the "gazelle and deer" were wild, clean animals that an Israelite could hunt, kill, and eat with his family.

Today, we can also eat those animals, as well as bison (buffalo) in the USA, I have ground bison meat in my freezer today, very much kosher.

We also see the importance of three "moedim" (festive holidays) which are to be celebrated. the Torah of YHVH says to "Observe the month of Abib and keep the Passover" The Passover reminds us of YESHUA as the PASSOVER LAMB,

The FEAST OF WEEKS, or SHAVUOT, we celebrate to remind us of the giving of the Torah on Mt Sinai, and also, of the coming of the Ruach Ha Kodesh, (The Holy Spirit) on that day, known also as PENTECOST in Greek.

the FEAST OF TABERNACLES or SUKKOT reminds us of the day of Thanksgiving, of abundant crops, and of the arrival of Messiah Yeshua to earth to dwell among men and women, to teach Torah, to heal, and to die for our sins.

These celebrations will also be celebrated in the millennial kingdom of Yeshua on earth. So, get used to them, we will be celebrating them for 1000 years.

______________________________________________ISAI AH 54:11-55:5

Pay special attention to "55:1-5" an invitation to abundant life, the Prophet is saying "and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, Indeed I have given HIM as a witness to the people" in some translations, it says IT, but in Hebrew, the word IT is also translated HIM, who is this "everlasting covenant?" "YESHUA" who is the WITNESS. He is the HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL

SEEK YHVH WHILE HE MAY BE FOUND! is there a time when He might NOT be found? Only if a person has hardened his or her heart to such an extend that, well, that the person will NOT WANT TO have an encounter with God, then, apart from a miracle, that person will not search for mercy from God. God forbid that we might fall into that category

______________________________________________1 JOHN 4:1 -6

The apostle is saying "test the spirits" to see if they are from God. We can not believe every person that comes into our lives and claims to be a "believer" many will say "Oh, I believe in God, Yeah, Jesus is real, " but do they really believe? do their "works" back up their words? Yochanan says "test the spirits" ask them questions. "Who is Yeshua?" what you think of Him? Is he GOD in the flesh? await the answers, observe the person's activities, life style. etc.

SHABBAT SHALOM V' SHAVU TOV

Rabbi Ben Avraham