Thread: Forum Server Move

Forum Server Move

The forums have moved to a new server today. A few posts/threads from this afternoon may have been lost if you posted after I exported the database to the new server.

Please keep your eye out for any weirdness/bugs and report it here. Thank you.
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

Blog Entries
    I was messaging with someone and a couple of them got lost - there wasn't a record of them, but they went through, so it they didn't disappear entirely, their record just disappeared, but since they went through it worked out. After that short period of time I didn't notice any other bugs!

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Please keep your eye out for any weirdness/bugs and report it here. Thank you.
    I did notice a little weirdness at the time--edits to posts that somehow "unedited," but not much more. What I notice now, though is that the --more-- button that used to be on the lower left of the What's New screen isn't there anymore. That makes it hard to quickly access earlier posts that have scrolled down off the screen. Also, it doesn't matter to me, but some people's avatars seem a little too large now--or at least larger than they were before. But the only important issue for me is the --more-- button.

Thanks for all you do for us, by the way.

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Bum View Post
    What I notice now, though is that the --more-- button that used to be on the lower left of the What's New screen isn't there anymore. That makes it hard to quickly access earlier posts that have scrolled down off the screen.
    This is continuing to be an issue. I'm talking about the button that used to be at the lower left of the activity stream screen--the one that the "What's New?" button takes you to. Before the server move it was there, afterwards it was gone. Is there any way to get it back? Or if not, is there some other way I can easily access the earlier posts it used to give me links for?