Thread: Being whatched

Cool Being whatched

With the telescreens I think George Orwell is ringing the bell big time. In today's society our government is watching us all the time but not everyone knows all the secret places we are being viewed. The same goes on in Oceania. They are being watched and recorded in almost every part of their city, without any knowledge of the secret cameras or telescreens present. We also have secret agents that go undercover to find out important information, and this is exactly played out in the novel with Mr. Charrington. He is actually a thought police disguised as a normal prole. So as you can see George Orwell hit it spot on in predicting the future of our privacy being taken from us.

I agree, Orwell is warning us about the threat of a society that is under constant surveillance and the dangers that would cause. This brings up the question, what will our future be like? Some societies are already under constant surveillance, but eventually everybody may feel the eyes following them and that is a scary thing to think about. I think we need to keep our eyes open, or soon the only eyes we will need to worry about are the ones always watching us.

I agree with both your statement and MSoccer22's. I believe that our government and society is constantly under their surveillance due to the fact that they can no longer control our every behaviors merely by the means of fear. We as humans have developed enough that we can interpret what the government may throw at us. As we grow as a culture under surveillance we eventually become numb to the propaganda of the government. The real question is, what will the next generations endure as the strict lay down of surveillance keeps coming upon us? No longer will we have any privacy for ourselves, for the government will begin controlling our lives by the insanity of manipulation.