Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some more of my poetry!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    Bart you a ****ing moron. nuf said.
    This is not a place for attacking people. This is a place for sharing and discussing ideas. You obviously have none.
    Hwæt! We Gar-Dena in geardagum,/Þeodcuninga þrum gefrunon,/hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon!
    Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,/ monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,/ egsode eorlas, syððan ærest wearð/ feasceaft funden; he þæs frofre gebad,/ weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,/ oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra/ofer hronrade hyran scolde,/gomban gyldan. Þæt wæs god cyning!

the best way to deal with that kind of thing is ignore them.
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Your right Koa, I just didn't like the foul language!
    Hwæt! We Gar-Dena in geardagum,/Þeodcuninga þrum gefrunon,/hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon!
    Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,/ monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,/ egsode eorlas, syððan ærest wearð/ feasceaft funden; he þæs frofre gebad,/ weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,/ oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra/ofer hronrade hyran scolde,/gomban gyldan. Þæt wæs god cyning!

heh, yea i dont agree with barts views on poetry much :-?
    Stupidity is Bliss...

Quote Originally Posted by Shea
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    Bart you a ****ing moron. nuf said.
    This is not a place for attacking people. This is a place for sharing and discussing ideas. You obviously have none.
    I believe his idea was that bart was a ****ing moron....LOL
    Stupidity is Bliss...

I believe his idea was that bart was a ****ing moron....LOL
    Whatever, that's an opinion not an idea. And so the ignoring begins.

why ignore shadow...he did nothing to you. He was just mad at bart.
    Stupidity is Bliss...

If i disagree, i say i disagree and discuss. Respecting the other people's views.

If I see someone insulting someone else for free in a public forum, i ignore it: they dont deserve attention and i'd rather use my energies for something more enriching.
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Hello, everyone

Talking about "taking over one's thread"! Don't you guys see what you are doing!

'We' are ruining the thread of american_bad_angel, who wanted us to reply on her / his poetry. Look what we are doing now: insulting each other and discussing the insult instead of the poem! If someone new on the forum comes in and begins to insult people - whether or not meant seriously - we should just IGNORE the guy / girl who is doing this!

Since most of you were aware of this too, I herewith thank those who tried to be resonable - practically anybody exept the one who made the first insult, who fled from the discussion anyway...

Of course I realise that my vague replies have partly caused this problem. So to solve this problem, I'll have to make sure that noone misinterpretes my views on poetry and - more generally - art. Therefore, I'll give my 'abstract' difinition of art and a specification of that difinition on this situation below:

“The method with which an individual expresses an emotion (or more abstract: a thought) (that describes a fictive reality or at least a variation on an existing reality).”

A problem of communication that emerged in this thread, was that of the goal that people have to make art. Individually, every emotion that is uttered can be considered as an art. According to my most abstract difinition, that is true.
    But when you want your art to interfere with other people - most artists have to interfere when they want to be albe to continue their activities -, not every emotion that is uttered on whatever artistical way is respected as an art. At that point, the artists sometimes has to make a choice: will I become pointed to society, or will I preserve my artistical integrety? Of course the real artist chooses for he last option.

Apparantly, noone besides me - on this site - got ever to publishing their works, which brings us to the nature of the case: I became vague in my replies because I am busy with publishing - and the personal questions involved - right now.

ps. The defintion of art and a specification of it on this situation can be performed much more abstract. But when I would reply so abstract, the answer to the problem should even raise more questions than ithis answer already might do. But if you do want to become more abstract in a discussion with me, I as a '****ing moron' - or not - invite you to post your questions and statements elsewhere on this forum, to make sure that american_bad_angel remaines her / his artistical integrety!

A_B_A, I must agree with the rest that I like this poem more than your others. It was easier to connect with you as an author while I read this. Funny though I was able to connect with "the Girl" in your poem too. I have "brown hair & hazel eyes", and looking back I did dress kinda funny and never really cared about my hair. I liked the way you described her, you make her "more real".

I also liked the view you took. Most people would probably have written from the perspective of your "Girl". It was nice to read something different and to know that not all the "ridiculers" have no concience.

Keep doing the good work!

Welcome!

Welcome mike! I'm also kinda new to this place. Thanks for the compliment on my poetry. And also feel free to critize/comment on any of my poetry.
    Life is horrible...then you die!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12