Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who is Jesus Christ?

Who is Jesus Christ?

When this question is personalized, it becomes the most important question one will ever be asked or answer. Who is Jesus Christ to YOU? Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly" (John 10:10, NKJV). In 1 John 5:11-13 we are told that if we have the son in our life we can KNOW that we have eternal life. Jesus is the only way for us to live an abundant life here on earth, or receive eternal life in fellowship with God. Jesus died on the cross to take the punishment for our sins so that we could be sinless in the eyes of God. If we do not receive the free gift of eternal life by experiencing the forgiveness achieved by Jesus, then we will receive the punishment we so justly deserve. Jesus must become the Lord of our lives. Imagine your life as an automobile—Jesus must be behind the wheel of your life. The verses below show the attributes of Jesus, but if he has not forgiven your sins, been invited into your life and involved in a personal relationship with you, there is little purpose in reading on. You can change your life at this very moment. Admit your sin, repent of it before God. Believe in the atonement of Jesus on the cross and receive the gift of eternal life which Jesus died to freely give you. Invite Jesus into your life to live through you and thank him for doing so.
    http://www.soran.edu.iq

Blog Entries
    According to my belief Jesus was a great prophet of God...
    Of course he was sent to the Cross but he actually never died and will return to this wold when God permits...
    Jesus is NOT accountable for OUR sins, why he should be??? that would be an unwarranted and unjustified liability put on him..Everybody is responsible for his own acts...here as well as in the hereafter.

Jesus is NOT God,,,as God is above such banal things...
    He is ONe, none has borne Him nor he bore anyone,,,HE is ALL in All,,,one and the only one!
    ===============-
    When asked how World War III would be fought, Einstein replied that he didn't know. But he knew how World War IV would be fought: With sticks and stones.
    -(:===============

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm a Hindu. Jesus was just another Palestinian being put down by the Europeans.

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy." - Terry Jones as 'the Mother' in Life of Brian (Oops, apologies, that was Brian, not Jesus...)
    Last edited by mal4mac; 09-06-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mal4mac View Post
    "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy." - Terry Jones as 'the Mother' in Life of Brian (Oops, apologies, that was Brian, not Jesus...)
    always look on the bright side of life!

Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    I'm a Hindu. Jesus was just another Palestinian being put down by the Europeans.
    Europe did not exist then.
    Palestine neither.
    how do the two correlate?

oh and what is the meaning of your signature?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    Europe did not exist then.
    Palestine neither.
    how do the two correlate?

oh and what is the meaning of your signature?
    both refer to physical geography, not political geography. Europe has existed for millions of years.

Mohammed accused me of being kurdish when I expressed support for kurdish independence in another thread.

I've heard a lot of people debate on whether Jesus Christ even existed. A lot say there is no proof that he did. And then others say he did. So I guess I'm confused as to how a person who may never have existed can be responsible for our sins. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    I've heard a lot of people debate on whether Jesus Christ even existed. A lot say there is no proof that he did. And then others say he did. So I guess I'm confused as to how a person who may never have existed can be responsible for our sins. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    Does it really matter whether he existed or not? No one listens to what he had to say anyway.

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    I think that Christ came to earth to be our model, not only to bring us the gospel of salvation, but also to serve as a pattern for our spiritual lives. Each of Christ's mysteries comes across as a revelation of His virtues. The humility of the crib, the retirement of His hidden life, the zeal of His public life the self-annihilation of His Sacrifice, the glory of His triumph, all these disclose virtues which are there to imitate. I think the Father is pleased with us only in so far as we imitate His Son and in as much as He sees in us the likeness of His Son.

Does it really matter whether he existed or not? No one listens to what he had to say anyway.
    Depends on who you are. I know quite a few people who make the Bible into their main focus. So yes, to me it matters.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Depends on who you are. I know quite a few people who make the Bible into their main focus. So yes, to me it matters.
    do you love your enemies? And pray out of the public eye? Or are you one of those annoying evangelists who are always trying to convert me?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MANICHAEAN View Post
    I think that Christ came to earth to be our model, not only to bring us the gospel of salvation, but also to serve as a pattern for our spiritual lives. Each of Christ's mysteries comes across as a revelation of His virtues. The humility of the crib, the retirement of His hidden life, the zeal of His public life the self-annihilation of His Sacrifice, the glory of His triumph, all these disclose virtues which are there to imitate. I think the Father is pleased with us only in so far as we imitate His Son and in as much as He sees in us the likeness of His Son.
    Christians make up a minority of humanity. Do you think he is a model for all, or just those who think he's god?

do you love your enemies? And pray out of the public eye? Or are you one of those annoying evangelists who are always trying to convert me?
    Why are you being so hostile toward me, I'm not trying to be offensive here, just making discussion

Anyway, I don't personally believe in God, I'm just curious about people who do. My parents are devote Christians and yes, they pray and they pray for even their enemies.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why are you being so hostile toward me, I'm not trying to be offensive here, just making discussion

Anyway, I don't personally believe in God, I'm just curious about people who do. My parents are devote Christians and yes, they pray and they pray for even their enemies.
    im not trying to be hostile towards you. I'm just trying to be hostile towards the institutions of organized religion.

Also, I wish more Christians were more like their Christ and less like each other.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast