Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Literature Makes Sense?

Blog Entries

Question Should Literature Makes Sense?

Should literature makes sense?

Well, maybe sometimes.

Should literature also make some nonsense?

Well, why not?

Why not write buttocks, a man to see books, I dance to say books, no limits said gauques give up up up up up up up up up I meant to say books I meant to say books.

And that wasn't even my fault. That was the fault of the voice-recognition software.

Maybe from now on I'll blame everything on the voice recognition software.

Seoul, no so! So should literature have to make sense? Would it be better if literature made more nonsense?
    "...the ramblings of a narcissistic, self-obsessed, deranged mind."
    My poetry, plays, novels, & other stuff on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr...or=Wolf Larsen

literature is a jungle of words it is up to one to find their own way out of it.
    sense is a broad meaning what makes sense to me may well not make sense to you and so yeah just go with the flow of words.
    nothing has to have a meaning if it does not want to.
    literature is not a messenger it is a leisurely walk and where it ends up taking you is what matters.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    literature is a jungle of words it is up to one to find their own way out of it.
    sense is a broad meaning what makes sense to me may well not make sense to you and so yeah just go with the flow of words.
    literature is not a messenger it is a leisurely walk and where it ends up taking you is what matters.
    This makes way too much sense!

But at the moment, I'm kind of in a mood for a bunch of nonsense.

What do we need grammar for?

What do we need words four? Why should we use for instead of four? Why shouldn't we lose words? Why shouldn't we use un-words? Why shouldn't we make up words? Why shouldn't all the words in a novel be made up?

Why should our conversations about literature make any sense? Why shouldn't we talk nonsense to each other? Wouldn't nonsense be more fun?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    Once again I really like this. I especially liked the idea of a jungle of words. Flow of words is great too.

Blog Entries

Question Should Think Things be Tattered with Un-Think Things?

Should Think Things Be Tattered with Un-think Things?
    Some thoughts by Wolf Larsen

I’m not sure. It’s all strawberries to me. But if blue sky were made out of marmalade what would you think? Would you sink sidewalks into your kitchen sinks? Or would you fry your own voice with automobiles?

Sometimes, only the vegetables hurt. But that’s because of Siamese twins.

If your thoughts be carried away to other galaxies, is that the fault of the seagulls? After all, only the seagulls know the answer to all of the thousands of murals inside the head of the Siamese twins Genghis Khan & Charles Manson. (I am totally fascinated with Charles Manson -
    but only when I dress up like a transvestite, but let’s not talk about that anymore today.)

Really?

Sometimes when I’m picking my nose I think about intellectual questions like how many bananas in literature? tRiLLiiiNsS? Philosophical dildos in my questionable dissertations of? Slash, what?

Copyright 2014 by Wolf Larsen

The moom raths are outgrabing again, I see. Beware the fumious Bandersnatch! Tis brillig and timid to judgernaut the gyres and gimbles of my wabers. Gimble, don't waffle! Quick:

http://www.online-literature.com/for...96#post1268096

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I enjoy nonsense, but the main issue with it is that it is unable to sustain interest for any prolonged period, unlike literature that has some sense of purpose.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

A Game of Pool with Wolf Larson (and a twenty-hundred year old transsexual): an Oedipus piece that makes too much sense.

Ineluctable: hersofar the harlot that ever extanted, that insolubly convoluted and condescended to be an insodality of ladyies of the dark. Miss! You desiderate everythong down there, in the tunnel of the night.

Immarred by this expurience of the fungus of love; poring over the pores of spores of the great humaneity (ipseity of the) anyway, she inanyway didn’t. Further she doesn’t extant.

Incontervisibly reversible; only the viewers of the start see the end. Macroscopic and extracoptic religious forons who don

The end of life with pride is faced by us all; when pride with life is faced; and contour of it –

It’s the eight ball!
    "Family duty required them to swallow their disgust and put up with him, simply put up with him'

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Why Not Have Literary Riots?

Those were some great posts! Ha ha ha!

You know what I was thinking: I was thinking it would be cool to have a literary riot. No destruction of property, no violence - just a riot for the sake of literature. We could spray paint poetry on building walls, scream Shakespeare at the police, stuff like that.

The literary riots could become an annual event. We could choose a city at random every year and have a literary riot there. It could be a very educational experience for all! We could have the avant-garde literary riot, the Shakespearean literary riot, the graffiti-artist literary riot (where street art & literature become combined!)

I’m not trying to make fun of the current situation in St. Louis. If I was getting shot by the police all the time I would be mad too!

It's just that I find those riots to be inspirational! I feel like writing riots on the page! I want my poetry to riot!

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think literature should make sense. It can be quite dense, complex, multi-layered, but non-sense? Why bother to read if it's not understandable from the outset? One might as well pick up a book in a foreign language. That would make as much sense as anything.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

nonsense, even while being ingested, has to have a promise of sense, near or far, in order not to be thrown up. i have read passages of great nonsense that instantly transformed into genius in the proper context. otherwise, one might assume the author is being too full of oneself and waving their dick in everyone's faces.
    Last edited by tshering; 08-19-2014 at 01:50 AM.
    Life is the greatest entertainer.

Blog Entries
    I think I want to write a novel where nothing makes any sense. Not even one sentence.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfLarsen View Post
    I think I want to write a novel where nothing makes any sense. Not even one sentence.
    finnegans wake.

Blog Entries
    Warning: if you are of a puritanical nature please do not read this, thank you for your understanding.

I only want to eat my National Guard tanks with my marmalade. I only want words of riots or riots of words! I want the bombs to fall up instead of down so that those predator drones are eaten by English literature.

I only want to wipe my *** with the correct grammatical English structures of the king of blueberries, because new correct English grammatical structures from the bodily fluids of all our Penises! To celebrate our Penises as the new grammatical English structures of the queen of Alice in wonderland!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfLarsen View Post
    Warning: if you are of a puritanical nature please do not read this, thank you for your understanding.

I only want to eat my National Guard tanks with my marmalade. I only want words of riots or riots of words! I want the bombs to fall up instead of down so that those predator drones are eaten by English literature.

I only want to wipe my *** with the correct grammatical English structures of the king of blueberries, because new correct English grammatical structures from the bodily fluids of all our Penises! To celebrate our Penises as the new grammatical English structures of the queen of Alice in wonderland!
    Please re-write this post without using correct English grammar and with full use of the nonsensical words. Why not practice what you preach?
    But you, cloudless girl, question of smoke, corn tassel
    You were what the wind was making with illuminated leaves.
    ah, I can say nothing! You were made of everything.

_Pablo Neruda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast