I enjoyed reading it
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Thank you cacian.
    Life is the greatest entertainer.

Generally, I wouldn't think that poems ”about” animals can be interesting (in a serious manner), but I found your short piece entertaining. I didn't find it only amusing, but ironically enough, I thought it to be also interesting. I am not trying to say that ”oh, we should all wonder what our pets think about us”, or anything of the sort, but even if it's just for pure amusement, I think the piece is interesting. I've regarded it as a self-analysis made by the author/or respective character -what am I doing? what's the meaning of my acts? maybe the path I am leading is only tiresome and fruitless, and the biggest difference from my way of living and the way of the dog's living is that the latest comes with the great advantage of pleasure and painless experiences. I think I might have thought too much about it, as your piece isn't in any way dramatical, but it made me think about that.

While the first chorus seemed to have a rather negative perspective upon his own/her own self, the second one is much more enthusiastic (”And sweat my way to dreams” -as to say, even though this path I've chosen is so difficult to walk upon, it is the only path that can possibly make me feel satisfied).

Well, and let's not forget about that slice-of-life type of perspective one might have while reading this. It's like a story: a normal person that goes in and out of the house every day, working or doing whatever she/he's doing. And this person sometimes sees the dog and wonders what's hidden in those beautiful, irresistible, carless eyes... while involuntarily wondering about his/her own life, understanding the difference between itself and the dog. I kind of like the image.

Anyway, I've enjoyed it sorry for too much blabbering. Felt like saying it, either way.

Ramona, the greatest joy that I can feel is that through such few words I have been able to communicate exactly what and how I feel. Its as if your interpretation of this poem were my interpretation or as if you had written the poem and not me. Thank you for your time and your wonderful comment.
    Life is the greatest entertainer.