Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Avant-Garde Poetry Contest 2

Blog Entries
    I will not be able to judge this contest.

My apologies. I will not be able to judge this contest fairly, because one of the entrants into this contest has been stalking me all over this Internet site, and harassing me with endless redbaiting, even though my posts have nothing to do with politics.
    Therefore, I will have to dismiss myself as judge of this contest. My apologies.
    "...the ramblings of a narcissistic, self-obsessed, deranged mind."
    My poetry, plays, novels, & other stuff on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr...or=Wolf Larsen

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Toss that person's poem out. They are acting unprofessionally. Judge the others. Simple, really.
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, let's not be too hasty here, Wolf. The contest isn't closed yet anyway.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Toss that person's poem out. They are acting unprofessionally. Judge the others. Simple, really.
    i have broken no rule. To the best of knowledge, it is not against the rules of this forum to express an opinion which is critical of another member's opinion. It appears to be okay to threaten castration of other members here and/or people not members of this site, but it appears to be illegal to criticize communism/capitalism. If you don't want feedback, then don't post your work here. This is not Wolf Larsen's personal soapbox and I'm have equal right to express my opinion on any thread posted here. This is not a "professional" forum, this is for amateur literature enthusiasts. I request that Wolf Larsen's famous Castration post be deleted and I will be reporting my concerns to a moderator.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfLarsen View Post
    2) Do whatever you want!
    I just want this to be repeated.

Blog Entries

Thumbs down All I'm saying is that it's kind of hard to be fair when someone is stalking you

I've been mum about certain things as much as possible. But sometimes it's important to speak out. And this is one of those times.

You know what I was just thinking: perhaps one of the reasons that there are so few entrants into an "avant-garde poetry contest" is that so many people with unique/experimental writing styles have been chased away from this literary board over the years.

Perhaps it was far worse before in some ways. But I remember being excited when I would click on some thread and find some unusual writing, but then there were certain individuals who made such hostile comments. The comments weren't even like they didn't like the writing, they were just downright mean, it was like cyber-bullying.

Many of those who contributed unique writing to this posting board left. They were made to feel unwelcome here.

I kept posting anyway, despite the cyber bullying. And some of them could get away with cyber bullying for some reason, but if you even made the comment that their behavior was ignorant, you had points taken away.

There is a difference between making a critical comment about somebody's writing, and cyber bullying. If every single person on this site were to say they don't like your writing, there's nothing wrong with that. But the cyber bullying that goes on here is at times out of control.

But anyway, I know why there is not more entrants into this avant garde poetry contest. Those people were chased away by cyber bullying.

I'm one of the few left that does not write conventionally, and kept posting here, because I have a thick skin. I've been through stuff way worse than cyber bullying.

Who knows if I'll even be a part of this posting board come August 15, which is the deadline for entries. There's so much censorship one can hardly breathe. I never know when I sign in whether I'm good to be banned or not because of the censorship. And now I've been sticking a warning before every piece of writing that could possibly make someone with a puritanical mentality uncomfortable. It's like you have to censor yourself all the time. It's disgusting. No wonder so many people who had some unique writing to contribute voted with their feet. The censorship, the cyber bullying, and now there's nobody to contribute some unique writing.

I wish I knew where all those people who contribute unique writing to this board over the years went. I would go there too.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I've been mum about certain things as much as possible. But sometimes it's important to speak out. And this is one of those times.

You know what I was just thinking: perhaps one of the reasons that there are so few entrants into an "avant-garde poetry contest" is that so many people with unique/experimental writing styles have been chased away from this literary board over the years.

Perhaps it was far worse before in some ways. But I remember being excited when I would click on some thread and find some unusual writing, but then there were certain individuals who made such hostile comments. The comments weren't even like they didn't like the writing, they were just downright mean, it was like cyber-bullying.

Many of those who contributed unique writing to this posting board left. They were made to feel unwelcome here.

I kept posting anyway, despite the cyber bullying. And some of them could get away with cyber bullying for some reason, but if you even made the comment that their behavior was ignorant, you had points taken away.

There is a difference between making a critical comment about somebody's writing, and cyber bullying. If every single person on this site were to say they don't like your writing, there's nothing wrong with that. But the cyber bullying that goes on here is at times out of control.

But anyway, I know why there is not more entrants into this avant garde poetry contest. Those people were chased away by cyber bullying.

I'm one of the few left that does not write conventionally, and kept posting here, because I have a thick skin. I've been through stuff way worse than cyber bullying.

Who knows if I'll even be a part of this posting board come August 15, which is the deadline for entries. There's so much censorship one can hardly breathe. I never know when I sign in whether I'm good to be banned or not because of the censorship. And now I've been sticking a warning before every piece of writing that could possibly make someone with a puritanical mentality uncomfortable. It's like you have to censor yourself all the time. It's disgusting. No wonder so many people who had some unique writing to contribute voted with their feet. The censorship, the cyber bullying, and now there's nobody to contribute some unique writing.

I wish I knew where all those people who contribute unique writing to this board over the years went. I would go there too.
    i don't want you banned. I want you to judge my poem as well as the other entrants of this contest and determine a winner. I am sorry if my comments came across as "cyber-bullying", but offence was defiantly intended and I do not take back a single letter. I don't like coercion of any sort, especially the sort that involve threats of violence.

"Do whatever you want!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    i don't want you banned. I want you to judge my poem as well as the other entrants of this contest and determine a winner. I am sorry if my comments came across as "cyber-bullying", but offence was defiantly intended and I do not take back a single letter. I don't like coercion of any sort, especially the sort that involve threats of violence.

"Do whatever you want!"
    Nobody's ever threatened this person.

Defamation of character

Who is this HCabaret?

I wish he would just leave me alone.

It just gets creepier and creepier.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nobody's ever threatened this person.

Defamation of character

Who is this HCabaret?

I wish he would just leave me alone.

It just gets creepier and creepier.
    your poetry is creepy and so are your threats of castration. I don't know who hCabaret is either. But I heard that HCabret dude is pretty nice.

I have reported your posts threatening violence upon other people and fully intend to see that they are deleted.

8 years of this and you were taken down my me. Hahahahahahaha. You are a shame to the avant garde.

Blog Entries
    I will not be able to judge this contest.
    I agree with Pendragon and qimissung. You'll be a good judge of this contest.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    I agree with Pendragon and qimissung. You'll be a good judge of this contest.
    I concur with this.

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    your poetry is creepy and so are your threats of castration. I don't know who hCabaret is either. But I heard that HCabret dude is pretty nice.

I have reported your posts threatening violence upon other people and fully intend to see that they are deleted.

8 years of this and you were taken down my me. Hahahahahahaha. You are a shame to the avant garde.
    Speaking of banning, were I a moderator you'd be gone. There's no excuse for your attitude!
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Warning

Off topic or inflammatory remarks will be removed without notice. No further discussion of this topic, henceforth.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Blog Entries
    The Road Not Ken: Ta !

Two Wily Lions Raged; Add Overdo Woe.
    Brace Thy Void And Roll Not Torus
    And Let Song To Aerie Born... Loved
    Foul Kin Doodled. So Sad. Can Aeon War ?
    Whir There Green Newt Thou Tot. Bind.
    Fresh Jest Took Euthanasia Troth.
    Angels Cheat Them In Braved Harp Pit.
    Wisest Wry Dada Aurae Cast Gnawn Bees.
    Fog Tethers Truth; Agape Hath His Son.
    Heed Holy Alabaster Haunt Met Worm.
    Godly Atabal Hymn Halt Requin Not.
    Old Plinked Seventh Sonata Braced
    Hot Pithy Fork; Fainthearted Rose.
    Know The Snowy Wooly Nit Adage Way.
    Idiot Dude Loves Ecofreak Chum Bib.
    Hah ! Gilt Light Wins; Bathes Lilies.
    Sages Emerge When Aeon Chased;
    Raged Dada Died. In Orison Two Vow -
    Nevertheless, Look ! Deity Boat !
    Lead Fleet Defends Mantra Itch. Haha !
    ............................. "And that has made all the difference" ref: http://allpoetry.com/The-Road-Not-Ta....ACk82dfc.dpuf

8/15/2014

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone for competing in the avant-garde poetry contest.

Well, it certainly has been interesting.

I announce the winner to be Lykren. Congratulations!

He won with the following poem:

Winds heave, we collapse
    into melody - a ruined sound
    hanging from invisible hands

the unchallenged drift
    of a dry river

my memories course against
    my skin, they live
    in that nude stream

approached by weather incompatible
    with anyone but itself,
    carefully disrobing.