Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who do you write like?

Smile who do you write like?

I would like to think I write like me haha
    still would like to know who do you compare yourself to and why?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    I would be paying myself a compliment to tell who I feel my writing most resembles, whether poetry or prose. Instead, I prefer to allow others to make the comparisons.
    Author of A Love Untold.

Blog Entries
    It is as if we engross our souls in a deep profound artificial of thoughts we build it by our souls, we are likely to someone ignoring himself nonchalant to what happened beside as if someone have had a nap then when he feel involuntary as if something tickling his body, he is then at a moment of consciousness.
    Sometimes he imagines himself that he took a shape or a character of someone belonged to dated history still on his mind as a result of reading.
    As I think no one of us could stick himself for one person he took into his consideration but he mixed his thoughts up from this and that or from his own as to applying the best he is desired for.
    Last edited by Mohammad Ahmad; 06-05-2014 at 11:37 AM.
    My country is the Home of Honour And
    Without honour I haven't Home
    MMA

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Guyon View Post
    I would be paying myself a compliment to tell who I feel my writing most resembles, whether poetry or prose. Instead, I prefer to allow others to make the comparisons.
    well yes and no but you could tell us more or less why not??
    you may have an idea.
    who is your writer idol?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ahem...

http://iwl.me/

Copy-and-paste some of your writing in there, and apparently it'll tell you who your writing resembles. Apparently, my latest thesis chapter looks like it was penned by David Foster Wallace.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    Ahem...

Copy-and-paste some of your writing in there, and apparently it'll tell you who your writing resembles. Apparently, my latest thesis chapter looks like it was penned by David Foster Wallace.

I thank you for posting the link. I don't think the results are especially useful, but it is fun anyway. I tried a number pieces and gor results from H. P. Lovecraft to Gertrude Stein with a pair of Isaac Asimov and even Vladimir Nabokov.

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    Blog Entries
    I put your poem "Delicate" into the analyser, and the result is that you write like Stephen King. You might want to try a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
    I put your poem "Delicate" into the analyser, and the result is that you write like Stephen King. You might want to try a few others.
    did you?? LOl
    Stephen King wont be happy about that haha
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Ahem...

Cause for a rethink ?
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    Blog Entries
    did you?? LOl
    Stephen King wont be happy about that haha
    What! He should be more than proud at that. It suggests that his writing is better than most people credit it as being.

Like WHOM do you write....

I write like some novel writer for ladies from 17th century. Why? I have no idea! lol
    “All" human beings "by nature desire to know.” ― Aristotle
    “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I write like some novel writer for ladies from 17th century. Why? I have no idea! lol
    17? why 17??
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    Cause for a rethink ?
    Well, he is popular...

I copied a large chunk of a horror novella I'm writing, supposedly in the style of Poe and Lovecraft, and it came back as Lewis Carroll... hmm...
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Well, he is popular...

I copied a large chunk of a horror novella I'm writing, supposedly in the style of Poe and Lovecraft, and it came back as Lewis Carroll... hmm...
    I fed in four very different sections of my Pro Bono Publico and in each case it came up with H.P.Lovecraft and, although I have never read anything by him, I was impressed with the consistency of the analysis until I thought I would give it one more extract and it came up with J.K. Rowling.

Feeding in a short story of mine it came up with Ernest Hemingway, which was pretty good as it does have a Hemingwayesque slant to the story.

Another of my novels was all over the place with Daniel Defoe, Kurt Vonnegut and Mario Puzo.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast