Thread: Automatic log off

Automatic log off

I don't know if this happens to everyone or just me. It seems that I get logged off automatically after about 5 or 10 minutes. I don't mind the automatic log off, but wonder if the time could be extended. It often happens that by the time I write a comment and click the "post" button, I find that I'm logged off and then have to go through the hassle of refreshing the page and logging in again (after taking the precaution to "copy" my comment to avoid losing it).

Do others have this problem? Is there a way around it?
    A just conception of life is too large a thing to grasp during the short interval of passing through it.
    Thomas Hardy

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When you log in, if you click the "Remember Me" box, that should take care of it
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Great! Thanks very much.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

Or you keep saving your answer on the editing pad. And if it is an longer answer it´s better to write it somewhere else and then paste it as answer in the forum.
    I'm using you thread to call attention to another problem.
    This site seems to be infected by a kind of "oriental" bug that is spreading every day. On Monday when it started I opened a warning thread, but it never appeared on line. Either it was deleted as suspicious or it was destroyed by "the enemy", whoever that is.
    I also wrote two e-mails to the administration (form on the site). But I don´t see anything much done about it and the users don´t seem to be worried that their private PCs might get infected too. Meanwhile the bug is conquering positions on the forum.It is also active by day now.
    Can anything be done about it?
    Last edited by Danik 2016; 03-09-2016 at 02:28 PM.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Note-I wrote the answer above by periodically saving the text on the editing pad.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row