Thread: What does this quote mean

What does this quote mean

"Precious caresses of recollection, changing form".
    Would like to know what this quote means especially the changing form part. Any ideas would be appreciated. Someone said it to me but I did not know what it meant. Would really like to know what it means. I am new to this forum and hope I post this in the correct way. If not please let me know so I can post correctly.
    Last edited by Willowangel; 04-17-2014 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Had to change some wording

Bad form to post it without context--

BUT my money is on the interpretation that this quote is talking about memories, cherished or dear ones, arising gently and independently of the will of whoever is remembering them (unless the speaker is giving him or herself 'caresses'); and, like memories generally are, these ones are lucid and aren't firmly set in their details or nature.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Hearts View Post
    Bad form to post it without context--

BUT my money is on the interpretation that this quote is talking about memories, cherished or dear ones, arising gently and independently of the will of whoever is remembering them (unless the speaker is giving him or herself 'caresses'); and, like memories generally are, these ones are lucid and aren't firmly set in their details or nature.
    J
    Please tell me what it means bad form to post without context. If you mean what was behind the quote. All it was: The other day it was a rainy day here so I sent a text to my boyfriend stating, "rainy day memory", he will know what I was referring too a day we spent on his boat last summer and it was a rainy day it was romantic. He sent this quote back to me. He is always stating quotes to me and I just wanted a better understanding of this one did not understand the "changing form" part of quote. Was searching for answers.
    Last edited by Willowangel; 04-17-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Please tell me what it means bad form to post without context. If you mean what was behind the quote. All it was: The other day it was a rainy day here so I sent a text to my boyfriend stating, "rainy day memory", he will know what I was referring too a day we spent on his boat last summer and it was a rainy day it was romantic. He sent this quote back to me. He is always stating quotes to me and I just wanted a better understanding of this one did not understand the "changing form" part of quote. Was searching for answers. Any help with this is appreciated.

Inexplicably Undiscovered
    next door to the lady in the vinegar bottle
    Blog Entries
    If you could identify the original work or at least the author from which the quotation is derived, the NitLetters would be in a better position to help you.

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowangel View Post
    ...The other day it was a rainy day here so I sent a text to my boyfriend stating, "rainy day memory", he will know what I was referring too a day we spent on his boat last summer and it was a rainy day it was romantic. He sent this quote back to me...
    Well, looks to me like you and your beau are still court'n and text'n, have you tried just asking him what it means?
    Otherwise, I'll go along with Jack of Hearts deduction.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

You think back to a day when you were six years old. You got that "special" birthday present you were hoping for knowing somehow, even at that age, that it was a tangible expression of your parent's love for you. Today that time is long past and your parents are both deceased, and their caresses of of love have taken a new form which transcends their mortality and is expressed in the precious recollection of that day so long ago, rather than in anything tangible.

That's my best shot.

Remembering something fondly, but that memory is starting to change.