Thread: Her Agony

Her Agony

To all my readers, please read the story twice, you will enjoy it even better.

"Wake up," I yelled. He slapped me. I was silenced, yet again. Everyday I tolerate this misery but he doesn't care. "What the hell, it's 9am, why didn't you wake me up?" he frowned looking at me. "Come on, I must leave, it's already late," he said, putting his anger aside.

His day was quite nightmarish and he vented out his frustration on me. What does he think he is? Doesn't provide me energy, doesn't listen to my wake up alarm, but expects me to complete all his tasks in a whisker. He has been with me for over a year but our relationship has been through a turmoil.

Exactly a year ago, he was standing in my shop, when he first looked at me. 'Beautiful,' he remarked. Since then, I have been by his side, just like a toy in his pocket. I ditched all my friends just to be with him. I was commited to this relationship, but he never really loved me. He doesn't care about me. Perhaps because I am losing my charisma, with every passing day.

Maybe he has found someone better than me? Why should I bother? I try satiating each of his demands and commands, to the best of my abilities. I keep myself up-to-date everyday. I try correcting my flaws, rectifying my mistakes, but to no avail. Certainly he has lost his interest in me.

These days, even his friends make fun of me. He doesn't even bother protecting me. They sledge me and he joins them. What's wrong with these men? Why can't he accept me with all my flaws? He ain't flawless either.Though he pretends it more often or not.

The agony of my mother might soon be mine. The pain of been thrown out of your house is unbearable. Gosh! The technology might work for humans but it gives nightmares to all the mobiles like me!

A new model is released and these humans forget us. No-strings-attached relationship, maybe. We have better humility than them, for sure.

So guys please tell me whether you liked this no strings attached relationship between a man and his cell phone.
    Last edited by Gaurav Joshi; 03-25-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Eagerly waiting for a review.

I enjoy this type of story, and I enjoyed this one. It's a short, light-hearted, clever piece. It's probably best not to give a spoiler alert. Knowing there was something to figure out, I was able to figure it out right away, whereas had I not been warned, I probably would have been fooled until the end.
    A just conception of life is too large a thing to grasp during the short interval of passing through it.
    Thomas Hardy

Inexplicably Undiscovered
    next door to the lady in the vinegar bottle
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I get it.
    It's amusing, but did you know that a movie called "Her" has a similar theme? I haven't seen it yet, but the criticis love it and it was nominated for several prestigious awards. Apparently it is about a guy who falls in love with the voice on his computer. In your story the device itself is the one who is smitten.

PS Couple of hints for your next posting. Try to be consistent with your verb tenses: keep it all present or all past tense. Watch sentence structure and paragraphing.

Quote Originally Posted by AuntShecky View Post
    Oh, I get it.
    It's amusing, but did you know that a movie called "Her" has a similar theme? I haven't seen it yet, but the criticis love it and it was nominated for several prestigious awards. Apparently it is about a guy who falls in love with the voice on his computer. In your story the device itself is the one who is smitten.

PS Couple of hints for your next posting. Try to be consistent with your verb tenses: keep it all present or all past tense. Watch sentence structure and paragraphing.
    Thanks a lot AuntShecky for commenting on my work. I have read rave reviews of the movie, 'Her' but in India, hollywood movies have a very limited release, unless it's a franchise, like the Batman trilogy or movies with stars like, Di Caprio, Robert Downey Jr. So I couldn't watch it. But it was the central theme of the story which inspired me to write this short.

I will try to be more consistent with my verbs as you advised. Thanks!