Thread: Patriotism in Shakespeare's history play

Joshua

Patriotism in Shakespeare's history play

This website is indeed impressive with useful search index. I don't know if you will feel bothered to offer suggestions to me on my research paper. I am now trying to "acquiring patriotism in Renaissance England" through Shakespeare's Richard II. I wonder if it is possible for you to give me some advices. In Richard II, the deposing scene and the murder of a king are shocking or can be refered to as an act of counter-patriotism in modern sense. How can I direct the deposing scene to echo my acquiring patriotim in Renaissance England? I will be honored to hear from you.<br>wish you joy and health<br><br>Joshua

I too have been writing on English nationalism/patriotism in shakespeare and have recently completed a 6000 word essay on the subject. The plays I utilised, were richard II, King John, and henry V. I would be willing to share this information if you wish. my email is [email protected]

You can consider the famous "link" between the play and the Rebellion (c.1601), led by Lord Essex, in order to dethrone Queen Elizabeth I.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    -Goethe