Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: What is your new resoultion for 2014

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    944

    What is your new resoultion for 2014

    This is a usual question and yet it is interesting to know about each other's aspirations and dreams for life cannot go without dreams. Yest dreams are many and our realities restrict us to fulfill only some of them and of course I have a resolution to experience something different, unusual through books, through my interactions with some people or through travels of exotic places. I am planning to travel enormously and the lands I have in mind are not cities that depict a kind of uniformity and monotony and I want to visit villages, mountains and planes where old civilizations are still alive and people live in a different eon.

  2. #2
    Kristina Faith faithosaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    558
    Blog Entries
    36
    My resolution was going to be to meet one of my boyfriends, but they're all fictional so I would just be setting myself up for failure.
    "I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there's no relief in waking."

  3. #3
    Original Poster Buh4Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    work, work, work
    Posts
    3,308
    Blog Entries
    151
    Faith, You need to realize how awesome you are! You need to start saying, "I'm fabulous until you fake it!"

  4. #4
    A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Posts
    5,755
    Blog Entries
    2
    To realise how awesome I am. (it's challenging)

  5. #5
    Registered User Darcy88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    1,963
    Blog Entries
    3
    My resolution is to not obsess over my weight and appearance. Kind of the opposite of the "get back in the gym" resolution most people typically have. I was hospitalized for bulimia recently. Bulimia is a nice bit of icing for my rotten cake of ill health which consists also of epilepsy, type 2 diabetes and chronic social anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder and a speech impediment, though the last one has been remedied by a herculean effort using acting and singing to overcome a stutter and tourettes.

    I also resolve to move somewhere by the end of the year, be it the prairies or back east I don't care.
    “To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it.”

    - Kurt Vonnegut

  6. #6
    somewhere else Helga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    on the ice in the middle of the sea
    Posts
    2,741
    Blog Entries
    351
    I don't really like resolutions cause I never keep them. I am just going to continue on the path I am and keep scheduling every step. My son made a resolution though, he is gonna work on his math, he hates math so I think it's a really good resolution for a seven year old.
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

    If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

    Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

  7. #7
    All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lost in the bell's curve
    Posts
    5,123
    Blog Entries
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy88 View Post
    My resolution is to not obsess over my weight and appearance. Kind of the opposite of the "get back in the gym" resolution most people typically have. I was hospitalized for bulimia recently. Bulimia is a nice bit of icing for my rotten cake of ill health which consists also of epilepsy, type 2 diabetes and chronic social anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder and a speech impediment, though the last one has been remedied by a herculean effort using acting and singing to overcome a stutter and tourettes.

    I also resolve to move somewhere by the end of the year, be it the prairies or back east I don't care.
    Jeez, that is a lot to be faced with. I read recently that reframing anxiety as excitement can sometimes be helpful.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

  8. #8
    All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lost in the bell's curve
    Posts
    5,123
    Blog Entries
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Helga View Post
    I don't really like resolutions cause I never keep them. I am just going to continue on the path I am and keep scheduling every step. My son made a resolution though, he is gonna work on his math, he hates math so I think it's a really good resolution for a seven year old.
    Good luck to your son! Such a little charmer. I dislike math, too. There is a beauty to it, I know, but the understanding of it has always eluded me, so I (nowadays) cordially dislike it.

    I agree wholeheartedly with the whole no resolution bit.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

  9. #9
    A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Posts
    5,755
    Blog Entries
    2
    I want to

  10. #10
    confidentially pleased cacian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,440
    my resolution is not to have one. It is the best I can think of right now.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

  11. #11
    Casual Olympian Buckthorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    390
    I have several this year:

    - Learn to drive
    - Get a new job
    - Stop swearing (already broken this one)
    - Drink less (highly unlikely I will achieve this)
    - Lose the Christmas weight
    - Find a boyfriend

  12. #12
    confidentially pleased cacian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckthorn View Post
    I have several this year:

    - Learn to drive
    - Get a new job
    - Stop swearing (already broken this one)
    - Drink less (highly unlikely I will achieve this)
    - Lose the Christmas weight
    - Find a boyfriend
    so many. which do you think is the easiest?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

  13. #13
    Casual Olympian Buckthorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    so many. which do you think is the easiest?
    I think learning to drive (my mother already paid for the 1st few lessons), getting a new job (I have declared that I have until March 26th to achieve this or I will quit and open a vegan shop) and losing the Christmas weight (I lost 14lb in the 5 weeks before Christmas so I can certainly lose the 18lb I gained over Christmas)

  14. #14
    confidentially pleased cacian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckthorn View Post
    I think learning to drive (my mother already paid for the 1st few lessons), getting a new job (I have declared that I have until March 26th to achieve this or I will quit and open a vegan shop) and losing the Christmas weight (I lost 14lb in the 5 weeks before Christmas so I can certainly lose the 18lb I gained over Christmas)
    what is a casual olympian if I may ask?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

  15. #15
    Casual Olympian Buckthorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    what is a casual olympian if I may ask?
    Of course :-) . During the 2008 Olympics, Thomas Deakin released a range of T-shirts with "Casual Olympian" on (I think its meant to mean someone who does a lot of exercise for fun - I have 2 of these T-Shirts). I do large amounts of swimming (for example on Monday before work I swam 4 kilometres and this morning before work I did 3.5) so I used it as my title/description

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What do you hope to read in 2014?
    By kev67 in forum General Literature
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 01:35 AM
  2. 2014: The Year of Literary Spin-offs!
    By Scheherazade in forum General Literature
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 07:36 PM
  3. 2014 Trends Poll
    By Scheherazade in forum Forum Book Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-01-2013, 11:23 PM
  4. 2014 re-reading challenge
    By TheFifthElement in forum General Literature
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 07:36 PM
  5. Book Club Proposal 2014
    By Scheherazade in forum Forum Book Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 08:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •