Thread: Macbeth...not a tragedy at all...just maybe ???

Unregistered

No Subject

Perhaps Macbeth is, at this time, simply begging the pardon of his companions for being momentarily distracted. He is, therefore, telling them that he was troubled for a bit but has "forgotten" whatever preocupied him.

Taz

No Subject

I agree with you to an extent...I mean Macbeth does somewhat fall from grace,...but he always had that ambitious killer instinct. Otherwise he wouldn't have even contemplated killing the king in the first place, even after the witches prophesised his coronation.

M. Muhyeuddin Sheikh

Macbeth...not a tragedy at all...just maybe ???

Howz about it ? Macbeth was never a good person from the beginning. <br>Macbeth says: <br>"My dull brains were wrought with things forgotten" (act 1. scene 3. lines 149-150)<br>just after he's met the witches.<br>The witches have given him "tidings" of the glory that awaits him, yet from what Macbeth has said in the above quoted, implicates that Macbeth had already had thoughts like these in the past. Plans and thoughts of becoming King. So it was his ambition from the very beginning...he had had this in him from day 1. How may we then say that Macbeth has fallen from Grace when we can easily contemplate from the above quoted lines Macbeth had planned such a thing before as well, yet his plans were now long "forgotten".<br>hmmm...so Maybe macbeth is not a tragedy at all. Just an account of one man's ruthlessness in his path to desired worldly glory, and fulfillment of ambitions??? I dont know...just a theory...<br>

The person in the corner
    Where I agree that maybe macbeth is not a tragedy at all. Just an account of one man's ruthlessness in his path to desired worldly glory, and fulfillment of ambitions. I also believe that in the begining Macbeth would never have killed duncan if the witches hadnt prophecised that he would be king.

Yes i agree that it is possible. However we know that he is " to full o' the milk of human kindness". And it is not natural to kill your king. Despite his military background and the witches prophecy in the end of the play he does appear to become a ruthless killer.
    I'm torn now