Thread: Jesus and Life

Jesus and Life

The sun's hazy beams shone through the green clouds that peppered the horizon. Jesus opened his eyes slowly. His wrists hurt like hell and his head throbbed like a tied-off vein.
    He slipped his wrists off the rusty nails, removed the Crown of Thorns and bent down, removing the nails from his feet. He dropped to the sandy floor. "Sana me, canis" - "Heal me, *****" - Jesus said, "Pardon the profanities, Father."
    "IT'S OK, SON!" Though he sometimes took his anger out on the plebs Jesus had lived with for 30-ish years, God was alright.

Jesus walked for days. The weather was now vile, bright red 'rain' fell from the heavens, out from the dull green clouds. For eight days Jesus saw not one living creature, he didn't mind though, he hated humans anyway.

Whilst Jesus thought about Goddess, 'Damn she had nice beard plaits!', a strange creature crept out of the nearby forest. The creature looked like a goat. But this was standing upright, this was so... so... strangely sexy. Its rough, unshaven body made Jesus feel strangely aroused. The tuft of ****-covered hair sprouting from below its mouth was even more pleasing, Jesus just wanted to grab onto it and hold it… forever.

After exchanging pleasantries with the creature, which turned out to be called Derek, Jesus went to sleep. Derek lay in the dust next to Jesus. They enjoyed a night of long, steamy sex.

Re: Jesus and Life

Although at first look this story seems utterly rude and offensive I think its actually quite deep and has a lot of meaning. You can instantly tell that the author has put a lot of thought in to this. I think its about how even though our faith rules our lives we are only human and these obscene thoughts that pop up in our minds now and again are actually what makes us human. The fact he has chosen to use Jesus and a goat represent that all of us are animals and we should just learn to live side my side. The story could have worked just as well with two different characters but the fact that it is Jesus draws our attention. I really admire this work and I personally think it is an excellent piece. Well done sir, can't wait to read more.

Quote Originally Posted by HELL View Post
    Although at first look this story seems utterly rude and offensive I think its actually quite deep and has a lot of meaning. You can instantly tell that the author has put a lot of thought in to this. I think its about how even though our faith rules our lives we are only human and these obscene thoughts that pop up in our minds now and again are actually what makes us human. The fact he has chosen to use Jesus and a goat represent that all of us are animals and we should just learn to live side my side. The story could have worked just as well with two different characters but the fact that it is Jesus draws our attention. I really admire this work and I personally think it is an excellent piece. Well done sir, can't wait to read more.
    Thank You kind sir. The points you make totally match my intentions, I enjoy the subliminal world so a lot of my story, and upcoming stories, are set in odd worlds with a lot of reading behind the lines.
    Sincerely
    The Only Real Man

Thank you for the appreciation, you see you and I may look at it this way but other readers may look at it a different way and in my opinion that is one of the beauties of writing. No matter what you write people and interpret it in whatever way they like; this fascinates me and seeing different responses and discussions about different pieces of writing is a whole lot of fun. I can't wait to read more of your work, are you working on anything now? Or maybe you could pull out an old piece of work and post it on here?

Since i am not currently working on anything - i am, however, filling a scrapbook with ideas, drawings and findings - i will post a very old story. This actually won me a runners up prize in year 7 of my school life. Do enjoy.
    Sincerely
    The Only Real Man

thank you i look forward to reading

Its dark, bloodshot eyes flickered, blinked slowly then snapped open. It raised its scarred arm and felt the damp, slimy texture of the cave wall. Its stone-cold eyes looked at a talon-like hand, nails black as night, stiff as boards, fingers long and thin. It slowly sat up and scanned the cave, searching for a source of food to quell its hunger. It twisted round on its crude bed and stood up. Its legs buckled and it fell painfully to the floor. Once again it began the tedious and painful journey of standing up. Its emaciated hand gripped the rotten grooves carved into the cave wall by erosion. It took a step, pain fresh on its numb feet. The step was followed by another, and another until eventually, it reached the end of the cave. It stopped and looked out, at the pebbly beach, the rolling waves, the cloudless sky. It stepped out into the open air, the wind blowing the tangled and raunchy hair about chaotically. It stood for a while, looking out at a lighthouse perched haphazardly on the edge of a cliff. It roared a bloodcurdling roar. It bared its cracked, discoloured teeth. The beast had awoken...

this captures the issues with modern society like no other story

Thank you again sir. I hope you also saw the subliminal elements to the story.
    Sincerely
    The Only Real Man